ADVERTISEMENT

***Logan Lister to Transfer***

A school should take a hit on scholarship for at least one year when a player transfers. If not, then they should not call this a scholarship since he is not leaving for an academic program that Rutgers does not offer. This is why CFB is a total joke.

Smh

Our 2014 class, which suffered the mass defections prior to signing day, has been hit pretty badly so far. On the positive side, Hicks/Martin have made an early impact and Cole will be a factor on the OL (considering where he was coming from, this is remarkable). I'm sure a couple of the linemen will become starters at some point but you can't consistently have this level of departures or depth will be impacted. Given everything that went on in 2013/2014, I think this will prove to be an aberration.

Positive Spin: Frees up another scholarship to build what is looking to be a solid class this year!

Negative Spin: Shows that Flood can't even keep recruits from a weak class!

Reality Spin: Kid likely was not going to be on 2 deep at OL or TE; most of rest have been transferring to lower level schools and probably would not have impacted depth; in fact of the transfers, only Lott may have had impact on 2-deep in a position of need so that was a legit hit to depth; Would not be surprised if one or two more leave by end of camp from the 2014 (e.g., Margolis and/or Behr).

Cue the drama . . .

Col. Trautman: Company Leader to identify Scarlet Team - Rambo, Bedell, Lister, Kraut, Blue, confirm! This is Colonel Trautman. Talk to me, Johnny.
Rambo: They are all gone sir. . . .

Here are some facts, but 2014 is not accounted for. Check the link, because table did not paste well. We are right up there with Ohio State, Michigan and Nebraska. I think Michigan may have beat or tied us recently? Post is from May 2015.

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/...ten-attrition-iowa-wins-b1g-player-loss-title

TEAM 2011 2012 2013 2014 TOTAL
IOWA
10 8 7 0 25
Rutgers
10 3 5 1 19
Michigan
14 1 2 1 18
Illinois
8 5 3 1 17
Ohio State
11 4 0 1 16
Nebraska
6 4 5 1 16
Minnesota
6 3 4 2 15
Maryland
7 5 2 0 14
Penn State
4 3 5 1 13
Wisconsin
1 4 4 3 12
Purdue
2 5 2 2 11
Indiana
7 1 3 0 11
Michigan State
5 4 1 0 10
Northwestern
0 2 2 0 4

Cue the drama . . .

Col. Trautman: Company Leader to identify Scarlet Team - Rambo, Bedell, Lister, Kraut, Blue, confirm! This is Colonel Trautman. Talk to me, Johnny.

Here are some facts, but 2014 is not accounted for. Check the link, because table did not paste well. We are right up there with Ohio State, Michigan and Nebraska. I think Michigan may have beat or tied us recently? Post is from May 2015.

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/...ten-attrition-iowa-wins-b1g-player-loss-title

IOWA
10 8 7 0 25
Rutgers
10 3 5 1 19
Michigan
14 1 2 1 18
Illinois
8 5 3 1 17
Ohio State
11 4 0 1 16
Nebraska
6 4 5 1 16
Minnesota
6 3 4 2 15
Maryland
7 5 2 0 14
Penn State
4 3 5 1 13
Wisconsin
1 4 4 3 12
Purdue
2 5 2 2 11
Indiana
7 1 3 0 11
Michigan State
5 4 1 0 10
Northwestern
0 2 2 0 4

While you would expect attrition to grow over time, seems like we lost a lot from the 2011 class.

Cue the drama . . .

IOWA
10 8 7 0 25
Rutgers
10 3 5 1 19
Michigan
14 1 2 1 18
Illinois
8 5 3 1 17
Ohio State
11 4 0 1 16
Nebraska
6 4 5 1 16
Minnesota
6 3 4 2 15
Maryland
7 5 2 0 14
Penn State
4 3 5 1 13
Wisconsin
1 4 4 3 12
Purdue
2 5 2 2 11
Indiana
7 1 3 0 11
Michigan State
5 4 1 0 10
Northwestern
0 2 2 0 4

From 2014 also add Lott and Dailey

Your blanket comment is just as laughable. If the scholarship player who left is one that has already been moved to another position, and has no chance of seeing the field, its neither good nor bad, its irrelevant. The only takeaway is the positive that it gives us another chance to sign a 2016 who has a chance at contributing.

Its a completely natural part of the process. 50% of kids you recruit are never going to contribute. There is a reason the scholarship limit is 85, and many teams significantly exceed that number with their recruiting.
At the least we have to look for the positives something many of us NJ natives aren't good at! Would he have preferred it be Chris Muller T'n out? I'll take the needed extra scholly over an out of region lonely tweener. I wish him only the best though...sometimes it works in our favor like the return of Turzilli.

Some more recent defections in addition to the players already mentioned (and not counting the extensive decommitt list).
Bryant Gross-Armiento, Nick Internicola, Al Page, Ian Thomas, Blake Rankin, Mike Bimonte, Teejay Johnson, Taylor Marini, Dontea Ayres, Savon Huggins plus the kid arrested in the robbery in Florida.

Just seems like a lot compared to Pen St, Maryland and others in the conference and teams from the Northeast.

The Barnwell and Gopre (and possibly Clayton) academic issues hurt dearly too.

Some more recent defections in addition to the players already mentioned (and not counting the extensive decommitt list).
Bryant Gross-Armiento, Nick Internicola, Al Page, Ian Thomas, Blake Rankin, Mike Bimonte, Teejay Johnson, Taylor Marini, Dontea Ayres, Savon Huggins plus the kid arrested in the robbery in Florida.

Just seems like a lot compared to Pen St, Maryland and others in the conference and teams from the Northeast.

Considering our QB and RB situation, and the "Kid arrested in the robbery in Florida", you are
l9k8f.png

To count Mike Bimonte as "a defection" more than suggests that you have a less than honorable motive in this discussion.

I'm always really thankful when people say shit so phenomenally stupid early in a discussion. It saves a lot of time in trying to figure out whether or not they're trolling.

Reactions: Rokodesh

Tejay had injuries that led him to stop playing, but remained a part of the program. Bimonte and Huggins stayed in the program for four years and graduated.

To count Mike Bimonte as "a defection" more than suggests that you have a less than honorable motive in this discussion.

I'm always really thankful when people say shit so phenomenally stupid early in a discussion. It saves a lot of time in trying to figure out whether or not they're trolling.

I'm still scratching my head over "the kid arrested in the robbery in Florida."

It is interesting that posters with the screen names that include "Proud" and things like #1 fan are such fine cheerleaders.

Johnson did not transfer. He had a career-ending injury. Was reported last year. Rest were overtaken on roster except maybe Thomas (who was a head case).

Cue the drama . . .

IOWA
10 8 7 0 25
Rutgers
10 3 5 1 19
Michigan
14 1 2 1 18
Illinois
8 5 3 1 17
Ohio State
11 4 0 1 16
Nebraska
6 4 5 1 16
Minnesota
6 3 4 2 15
Maryland
7 5 2 0 14
Penn State
4 3 5 1 13
Wisconsin
1 4 4 3 12
Purdue
2 5 2 2 11
Indiana
7 1 3 0 11
Michigan State
5 4 1 0 10
Northwestern
0 2 2 0 4

Damned straight 2014 is not accounted for, especially for Maryland. Two of their Top 4 WR's from 2014, Marcus Leak and Jacquille Veii, transferred out. That means their Top 4 WRs from 2014 are no longer with the program. And their top replacement, Englewood's own WR Juwann Winfree, also transferred. Further, RB Albert Reid and S Zach Danzel will both be 5th year transfers.

I think that's a little more significant than a RS freshman who probably needed another year to bulk up before he saw the field.

I couldn't remember his name, Darian Dailey.

It would have been nice to have Bimonte back another season.

In comparison, how many players have left Pen St in the last few seasons aside from the backup QB and a player Franklin dismissed after an arrest?

Damned straight 2014 is not accounted for, especially for Maryland. Two of their Top 4 WR's from 2014, Marcus Leak and Jacquille Veii, transferred out. That means their Top 4 WRs from 2014 are no longer with the program. And their top replacement, Englewood's own WR Juwann Winfree, also transferred. Further, RB Albert Reid and S Zach Danzel will both be 5th year transfers.

I think that's a little more significant than a RS freshman who probably needed another year to bulk up before he saw the field.

Winfree left Maryland? Where did he go? Good player.

In comparison, how many players have left Pen St in the last few seasons aside from the backup QB and a player Franklin dismissed after an arrest?

Is it possible that he wasnt going to get a scholly to hold his 5th yr, just wondering. If that was ever discussed?

Why would it have been nice to have Bimonte back? He never cracked even the back up QB position or played a single down of college football. With Rutgers being his only offer out of MHS it's likely he was never D1 material otherwise he would be competitive against Rettig or Laviano but he was still considered 3rd behind both

Why would it have been nice to have Bimonte back? He never cracked even the back up QB position or played a single down of college football. With Rutgers being his only offer out of MHS it's likely he was never D1 material otherwise he would be competitive against Rettig or Laviano but he was still considered 3rd behind both

He did some great work as a holder last year.

What is going on lately with all the decommits? Concerning.

Proud NJ just hasn't followed college football enough to know this is normal operating procedure at any football program. Proud NJ, just do the math. There are 85 scholarship players on a football team. If a player is redshirted he has 5 years to complete his eligibility. That averages out to 17 new players you add a year. How often do you see a team, any team, not take over 20 something players almost every year? Hence, people are leaving every year on every team.
Just pay attention, it's not to hard to follow.

From all accounts Mike B. did everything the program asked of him. As others have pointed out he saved our bacon on some holder plays. That's important and easily overlooked.
But he was not going to play QB here and he has one more year to play. Being on a B1G team then getting a chance to be "the guy" in West Long Branch - not so bad.

He goes to Monmouth with my thanks and good wishes.
APP
Mike Bimonte transfers from Rutgers football to Monmouth

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT