ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Results

RUChow

All American
Apr 29, 2013
Overall not very impressive, and some bad losses. This schedule isn't as good as the one Rice faced when he got here, and he had us far more competitive. A couple of good teams at the top, but from top to bottom not even close to the Big East when we last played in it. It just shows how far we've dropped. All we're going to hear now is facilities, facilities, facilities. While a nice new locker room and things like that certainly won't hurt us in recruiting it's misguided to think that's why we suck, JMO, but a pretty good O. Even if we get better facilities we won't have them for two or three years. Is that going to be the scapegoat for EJ winning two or three games in the Big 10 for the next two years because that's all he's going to win. I can live with lesser talent if something is done with it, but this act is already tiresome. Butler seemingly makes this tournament every year. Their PG is a walk on. Watch them block out and hustle to contest every three. They're not a team of great athletes and yet they can defend, but many here will argue that we aren't athletic enough to play defense. Do you have to be a great athlete to play a 2-3 zone or get a body on someone after a shot goes up, or even get back on defense? Nope. They weren't even close to ND in talent level. No more hoops posts from me. I'm even tired of listening to myself. I have little doubt, however, that nothing will have changed two years from now. Being a favorite son carries a lot of weight.

This post was edited on 3/22 11:43 PM by RUChow

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News