ADVERTISEMENT

***MD '16 DB Damon Hayes to Rutgers***

Welcome Damon. Must've been a good show at camp that they just offered him. Can't imagine we have much more room in this class

Love when the staff sees kids up and close, offers, they accept.

No better way to see a kids potential than to see it stack up live.

Shawn, I am not sure he was thought to be a target by some of our experts. Can you provide some more info on him?

Also, Welcome to the Banks, Damon.

Go RU!!

Welcome Damon. Must've been a good show at camp that they just offered him. Can't imagine we have much more room in this class
We needed a corner or two and he probably showed them as much potential at camp as anyone we're likely to get.

Under the radar? You might have needed sonar to find this kid before today but the coaches have :eyes: for talent!

Welcome Damon!

Rutgers
The Birthplace of College Football

RU

Last edited:
I understand taking a chance with the OL 2-star reach, not sure about this one.

What

And you base your statement on any first hand knowledge? or just feel the need to make a comment
Did you really expect a different comment from T2? he's as predictable as rain in Portland in the winter.

I understand taking a chance with the OL 2-star reach, not sure about this one.

He won defensive back MVP at the latest Nike Opening Camp. That doesnt happen by accident; the kid can play man. We got a good one. People made the same comments about Adams until Harbaugh tried to take him from us. Same with Boggs, until Wisconsin tried to take him from us. I could go on and on. You've gotta start trusting Flood's knack for finding talent early on. Our staff is not easily impressed, they know a player when they see one.

Reactions: redking and JQRU91
He won defensive back MVP at the latest Nike Opening Camp. That doesnt happen by accident; the kid can play man. We got a good one. People made the same comments about Adams until Harbaugh tried to take him from us. Same with Boggs, until Wisconsin tried to take him from us. I could go on and on. You've gotta start trusting Flood's knack for finding talent early on. Our staff is not easily impressed, they know a player when they see one.

Sorry, I'm not there yet. Flood's overall recruiting has been average.

WELCOME , Damon, to "The Banks"!

GREAT having you with us as part of the Rutgers family!!

Not that I care about the rankings and what not since we know our coaches can evaluate talent, this kid was an MVP at a Nike Regional Camp that is highly publcized. Why hasn't he been evaluated by Rivals? Clearly he's on the radar (maybe not by this group thread) but there should be more info on him by Rivals. Just saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT