ADVERTISEMENT

Mich Forward to transfer - 5th year and eligible immediately

He cannot transfer to and in league destination.

He cannot transfer to and in league destination.

Why?

QB Jake Rudock was granted his release from Iowa -- with no strings attached -- and was given clearance by the Big Ten to compete as a graduate transfer next season at Michigan.

Hope someone can point out transfer rules for something like this, that knows what they are.
I can only guess that if the school gives permission for an in conference transfer, it will be allowed.
But without that permission the player has to go OOC.

Yes he would definitely help this year. Nine times this past season he had 5+rebounds even though he only reached 30 minutes once.

I can't imagine he'd be a huge help. I mean he's a hard worker, but most of his damage was against lower level competition. It's hard to do big things when you are a 6'6" center with not much vertical leap. I believe he is likely to transfer to Bradley which would let him play big minutes and be close to home for him.

I don't see him as much of a help here-----he wants more minutes and I see him even at RU as an 8th or 9th guy.

I'd like to see us explore this JUST to see what UM's reaction is since RU supported them getting the 5th yr Iowa QB.

I think the more important thing is that we end up with a 5th year guy or a JUCO as opposed to a freshman. We need to separate the classes a little.

Yes....but eventually we have to recruit 4 year players. In 2 years we can't have the strategy of let's see what 5th year or JUCO player is available. If he is good then to still fight it out with the best schools.

I agree Fig but right now almost half the team will start as either true freshmen or redshirt freshmen. Thats too much.

Balancing the squad by class is important long term .Right now,however,Rutgers needs to win games and the last scholarship should be given to the best player available.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT