ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan up on Purdue big

Zero defense by Purdue. Zero. Crap. Although I guess Michigan bolstering their resume could keep them in the Quad 1 zone for our win against them at least.

Zero defense by Purdue. Zero. Crap. Although I guess Michigan bolstering their resume could keep them in the Quad 1 zone for our win against them at least.
Yes, them being a Quad 1 win would help us cause Purdue is staying Quad 1 regardless of what happens rest of year. It will make our win at Michigan even more impressive lol:))

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Tell you what, I know we can do a better job defending UM than this. Gonna be a tough tough game though.

Yeah this wasn’t good for us. Forget even about Michigan as a bubble competitor. We want the top 5 teams in the conference to keep winning.

There may be a quad system for grouping purposes, but when the committee actually compares resumes a win at Duke for UVA has to have a lot more weight than Iowa’s quad one win over Utah State. it matters to have wins over 1-2 seeds.

Michigan was 1-5 against Quad 1 before today and they were on the bubble but we’re nowhere near it because of Lafayette. That’s it. Because we have 2 quad losses to their 1 but our record against Quad 1 would more than make up for that one extra loss. I’d really like to know what the freaking formula is and see how much that Lafayette 3 point loss is killing us. It has to be at least 40 spots in the net. I know we should get over it but I just can’t.

Purdue, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Illinois and Ohio State may lose a few more games but they won’t fall too far.

Reactions: Danprusa_4
Michigan is going to be quad 1 on the road no matter what. The Purdue win losing some luster now that they have absorbed their 4th conference loss

There is no luster lost bc of this game. Purdue is recognized as an elite team and will be unless something seismic happens. Anyway, That would be wholly a human response and has nothing to do with rankings. Fact of matter is that this moves our Michigan win up in stature and bc Purdue is currently 4th in Net it has zero negative impact. If anything, it moves Michigan way closer to a Quad 1 win for us.

That game bothers me because I see it as an omen that Michigan, after its poor start, is back and starting to live up to its pre-season hype. That isn't likely to be a good thing for us.

Hurts because now they are bolstering their sagging resume
The same applies to Iowa winning.Michigan.Iowa and Induana are all projected to get NCAA bids and they are below Rutgers in league rankings.

Purdue has a history of being a mediocre defensive team and a offensive juggernaut.In this game Dickinson showed he was the best center on the court because of his ability to make 3 pointers and pass from the top of the key to players cutting to the basket for layups.

Michigan moved from 47 to 30 in the NET with the win last night. That moves our victory over them to Quad 1. We now have 5 Q1 wins.
Also gives UNC a Quad 1 win, which was a huge mark against their resume.

It had some good, and some bad, but either result was OK. 5 quad 1 wins is the biggest gain for us. Just keep winning, our destiny is still in our own hands

I was surprised when I saw Michigan was only a 3.5 pt dog before the game. But winning on the road in the B1G is a real bear. Not many teams do it consistently. Purdue coming off a big win and some let down even with their excellent coach. Pretty much any team in this league can beat any other, especially if the 3 ball is going in. RU has to scratch and claw its way thru the next 7. No easy ones that is for sure.

In the current B1G MBB rankings we have these teams ranked above us who we have defeated Purdue at HOME …Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, next up is Wisconsin . We lost to Illinois early on but still play them again at HOME.Indiana is also at HOME . We also lost to PSU but will play last regular season game at HOME . We have lost to Maryland, Illinois, Minnesota, Penn State, Northwestern.We have beaten Iowa. So only Wisconsin , Illinois and PSU need to feel the pain of losing to lowly Rutgers.

I'm pretty sure we have IU at Assembly Hall this year, which won't be easy. But we have had their number lately. Don't they have a new coach this year?

I'm pretty sure we have IU at Assembly Hall this year, which won't be easy. But we have had their number lately. Don't they have a new coach this year?
They're beatable. Honestly looking at the KenPom rating (41) they're not that much different from Archie's past three teams (50, 34, 52).

KenPom says our chances there are 25%. Every road game is a hard road game in the Big Ten, but I'd put them higher than that (35% feels more right). With the caveat that the game is three weeks away and one or both teams could look different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT