ADVERTISEMENT

Mikayla Blakes to?

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Going to announce her team today. Besides Rutgers, she has offers from Stanford, UCLA, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Tenn. Another Rutgers Prep player. Crossing my fingers, and toes.

Definitely a surprise. Most indications of late said either Rutgers or Stanford. This was also a big academic decision as well.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
This one may have had more to do with the academic offerings tipping the scale to Vandy. If she wants to study medicine, Vandy would be it from the list of her finalists, right. The program is up and coming with a coach that has gotten through the period of doubters and is now settling in.

We recruited Khamil Pierre, we wanted Justine Pissot, we wanted Blakes. Vandy got all of them

I'm extremely, jealous.

This one may have had more to do with the academic offerings tipping the scale to Vandy. If she wants to study medicine, Vandy would be it from the list of her finalists, right. The program is up and coming with a coach that has gotten through the period of doubters and is now settling in.

We recruited Khamil Pierre, we wanted Justine Pissot, we wanted Blakes. Vandy got all of them

I'm extremely, jealous.
I'm extremely disappointed.

Honestly why would any Rutgers WBB fan expect this type of commit ? Reality is recruits want proof of program stability and NIL $$$$.

Reactions: bac2therac
Honestly why would any Rutgers WBB fan expect this type of commit ? Reality is recruits want proof of program stability and NIL $$$$.
Yes regarding NIL although the bulk of women's players are not getting all that much - shockingly, neither are run of the mill football players, who knew? But enough to be a factor, and for a player like this, perhaps significant.

One of the interesting things I heard from a coach was that for middling players (sport unspecified) there are sometimes promises made that just don't materialize. So the whole NIL is buyer beware, I guess.

I'm surprised she didn't choose Stanford for academics and playing for a elite basketball program.

Watched Vandy play on tv this weekend. They are an exciting young team under Shea Ralph. She is building a resurgence there after a decade of irrelevance in the SEC.

Pissot was a bust at the Lady Vols before hitting the portal. She seems to have a reserve role with the ‘Dores however is not the top 5 player she was billed to be on the recruiting trail. Pierre is very very talented.

I'm surprised she didn't choose Stanford for academics and playing for a elite basketball program.

Vandy has excellent academics and Nashville is a great college town.

Stanford will be interesting to watch as a basketball program going forward - moving to the ACC with a 70+ year old HOF coach that will retire soon. That is going to be a lot of change to absorb for a traditionally excellent and stable WBB program.

Vandy…a young lady with a plan… dollars to donuts that stanny handles it’s Hall of Fame coach retiring a hell of a lot better than Rutgers did 🤭

Last edited:
Huh? RUWBB recently got a commitment from a 5 star point guard and has a 4 star coming in the same class. That's why.

Huh? RUWBB recently got a commitment from a 5 star point guard and has a 4 star coming in the same class. That's why.
Will she still be a commit after this season? I sure hope so but if the program doesn’t turn it around as a fan you have to wonder.

Will she still be a commit after this season? I sure hope so but if the program doesn’t turn it around as a fan you have to wonder.

Stop. CW is doing a great job of selling the vision and recruiting. INot sure if Kiyomi has signed, but Zachara has. Not easy to turn a program around - but RU WBB is still a storied program and destination. It’s year 2 of the CW era and it looks like she may only be a year or two away.

Stop. CW is doing a great job of selling the vision and recruiting. INot sure if Kiyomi has signed, but Zachara has. Not easy to turn a program around - but RU WBB is still a storied program and destination. It’s year 2 of the CW era and it looks like she may only be a year or two away.
You are about 3 weeks late on this posting of mine. The player referred to by me was about Kiyomi. Did she sign with Rutgers yet.?

You are about 3 weeks late on this posting of mine. The player referred to by me was about Kiyomi. Did she sign with Rutgers yet.?
Kiyomi hasn't signed yet, but neither has Dylan for that matter. Both will be in Piscataway next year, no need to wonder.

I don’t angst over signings . I watch a teams progression for the year. That’s all a fan can do…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT