ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Rice and Eric Murdock on News12

What did they say?

I was a preview of a much larger story that is not going to put RU in anything but a negative light. Scheduled for broadcast tonight.

It appears they're going to make Murdock a victim.

Among other things they're going to bring up are

Cost of sports programs
Subsidy
Payouts to Pernetti, Rice, and Wolfe
Loosing BB program

Have to assume this is in part due to the call to spend money on athletics. Once again a local media outlet is bound and determined to cut RU off at the knees.

Guess he's not getting enough business at his restaurant. Conflict of interest news 12?

I hope everyone does themselves a favor and doesn't bother watching. The 12 people who will watch it already don't like RU, so I am not sure there is much negative here.

Just a make new news out of old news by rehashing what happened in a negative light.
Negativity sells when you're trolling for stories.

the interview I watched on line had nothing negative about RU and talked to Rice and Murdock. Rice came off better than Murdock for sure. Not sure why the jump to bash News 12 over this.

the interview I watched on line had nothing negative about RU and talked to Rice and Murdock. Rice came off better than Murdock for sure. Not sure why the jump to bash News 12 over this.

Usually when RU is covered by the media bringing up old problems, the issue is covered more on a negative slant and RU fans expect that ,
so they jump on any media outlet that plans to rehash an old problem.
Glad to hear that wasn't he case : "this time".

The NYT had a negative article on RU spending yesterday also. It's starting to smell like some politicians are using the media to fight the recent Lesniak fundraising efforts.

The NYT had a negative article on RU spending yesterday also. It's starting to smell like some politicians are using the media to fight the recent Lesniak fundraising efforts.
We all should realize that would happen sooner or later.

Just as we had people whispering in Lesniak's ear, the other side will do the same with their shills.

Last edited:
I'd think at best 2% of NJ population would want to see taxpayer dollars go directly or indirectly to RU sports. A politician saying he is against the spending is low lying fruit ripe to be picked.

In the public's eye you can cut....
A. funding of state parks
B. public Radio and TV
C. Rutgers athletics

C is the easy choice

Get Christie to attend all your games and the increase at the concession stands should help boost revenue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT