ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell down to 2 schools and may decide soon

RealityChech2

Senior
Mar 21, 2007
A nj.com article and a tweet by Mitchell state that he is down to 2 schools and my decide sooner than expected.

And apparently RU is neither of those two schools...

Best of luck in Columbus Mr. Mitchell

And apparently RU is neither of those two schools...

Best of luck in Columbus Mr. Mitchell

While he could end up in Columbus our recruiting staff at the OSU site on 247 believe he is not a take right now. They feel the OSU coaches have others ranked above Mitchell at this time. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I was surprised to see that RU was eliminated.

"I'm making my decision off who recruits me the hardest and who does it the correct way — opportunity to play early and a great staff," he said.

Wait - How did we go from being his leader a few weeks ago to "no longer in play"? Poor reflection on the staff if this is a case of "another one bites the dust".

Wait - How did we go from being his leader a few weeks ago to "no longer in play"? Poor reflection on the staff if this is a case of "another one bites the dust".

Why would it be a reflection of the staff? If true, it's probably a reflection of the rapidly changing opinions of a 17 year old.

Where does it say RU is out? Last I heard RU was the leader.

Where does it say RU is out? Last I heard RU was the leader.
It doesn't. Two goofballs on this thread said it with no evidence. It brings to mind the scene from Silverado where Dawson, (played by James Gammon better known as Lou Brown in Major League) says, "I think there's just a couple of guys up there and this asshole is one of them."

Reactions: RUMcMahon
His top choice schools all are good quality educations but of course I hope he does not get snared into that cesspool South Carolina with that snake oil salesman Steve the Sleaze. He a Jersey kid and I want him to do better

While he could end up in Columbus our recruiting staff at the OSU site on 247 believe he is not a take right now. They feel the OSU coaches have others ranked above Mitchell at this time. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I was surprised to see that RU was eliminated.

Must be nice to be OSU. Recruiting is never a concern. When a kid like Mitchell can't have an accepted verbal, you are rolling.

It doesn't. Two goofballs on this thread said it with no evidence. It brings to mind the scene from Silverado where Dawson, (played by James Gammon better known as Lou Brown in Major League) says, "I think there's just a couple of guys up there and this asshole is one of them."

Believe me the information is out there. It just is not public for anyone and everyone to consume. Hence, no link.

The so called "insiders" have destroyed these boards from top to bottom. There's absolutely nothing but speculation going back and forth. The only reason to check these boards anymore is for the entertainment of watching middle-aged men argue about the thoughts of 17 year olds. What shoes they wear, who knows someone who might know something, when none of these "insiders" know anything other than they enjoy attention. There were people stating Jim Tressel was interviewing here two years ago. Honestly, if you take a step back and look at the "insiders" it's sad, and hilarious.

Reactions: RUchip
I have no idea whether we are in his Mitchell's final 2. I hope we are and I hope we get him. But as I've said before, a coach either is, or is not a good recruiter. That doesn't change (other than the fact that even a good recruiter can have a bad year or be hampered by the baggage of a bad season, and even a poor recruiter can, if he wins a major bowl or has a similar one-off success, have short-term recruiting success). You don't all of a sudden figure out how to be a consistent closer and start getting top or even relatively strong classes. In our case, when it comes to recruiting ability, res ipsa loquitor.

Last edited:
Chas Dodd doesnt work at subway anymore. I have no reason to believe any of you insiders now.

By the way i'm still waiting for Dan Mullen to sign his RU contract :rolleyes:

Believe me the information is out there. It just is not public for anyone and everyone to consume. Hence, no link.

Well, recruiting experts are saying otherwise.

Rutgers is still in it. Not sure if that means he's committing here..but we r in a good spot according to most.

His top choice schools all are good quality educations but of course I hope he does not get snared into that cesspool South Carolina with that snake oil salesman Steve the Sleaze. He a Jersey kid and I want him to do better

Huh? South Carolina wasn't even in his top six.

Must be nice to be OSU. Recruiting is never a concern. When a kid like Mitchell can't have an accepted verbal, you are rolling.

OSU is trying to get back into the race with 5-Star Nate Craig-Meyers who at one point favored OSU and recently recommitted from Auburn. Also having as a top WR target is Austin Mack, who although is a 4-Star, is rated lower than Mitchell.

The latter shows that while stars and rating is important, it is only so in relation to who the coaches prefer and whom they think best fills their program or needs.

Unfortunately,Rutgers fans are getting used to the dynamics of big time college football where recruiting is a battle equal to the playing field.In both cases winning is the only thing that matters.

Mitchell is like many other top NJ recruits that have made many visits to Rutgers but are unwilling to commit which then impacts decision making by other recruits.

Well, recruiting experts are saying otherwise.

Rutgers is still in it. Not sure if that means he's committing here..but we r in a good spot according to most.

Ok, I guess our recruiting experts are different people then.

OSU is trying to get back into the race with 5-Star Nate Craig-Meyers who at one point favored OSU and recently decommitted from Auburn. Also having as a top WR target is Austin Mack, who although is a 4-Star, is rated lower than Mitchell.

The latter shows that while stars and rating is important, it is only so in relation to who the coaches prefer and whom they think best fills their program or needs.

I think you meant to say that right?

The so called "insiders" have destroyed these boards from top to bottom. There's absolutely nothing but speculation going back and forth. The only reason to check these boards anymore is for the entertainment of watching middle-aged men argue about the thoughts of 17 year olds. What shoes they wear, who knows someone who might know something, when none of these "insiders" know anything other than they enjoy attention. There were people stating Jim Tressel was interviewing here two years ago. Honestly, if you take a step back and look at the "insiders" it's sad, and hilarious.
Step away from these boards for recruiting information and don't read any of the SL articles. In the SL, every recruits loves Rutgers but won't commit. Just wait for the commit.

Step away from these boards for recruiting information and don't read any of the SL articles. In the SL, every recruits loves Rutgers but won't commit. Just wait for the commit.
I think a lot of our fans are getting their info from the SL.

Ok, I guess our recruiting experts are different people then.

You have nothing to lose by posting cryptic nonsense on an anonymous board. Unless you are actually Mitchell himself, to think that any of us has a real idea what is in the head of a 16-17 year old kid is not only silly, but kind of creepy.

jon-lovitz-devil.jpg

Trust me!

I guess you don't have a premium membership.

I wouldn't consider message board posters "recruiting experts".

When did I say my recruiting expert was a message board poster? Just to be clear, it is not. But keep tying to make yourself feel better.

Theres an article up on the homepage where Hawkins says him and Mitchell were at RU last week talking about playing together. So in a span of five days we went from his top 2 to see ya later? I'm not buying "inside info" anymore because no one NO ONE except these kids themselves know what they are gonna do. They are 17.

When did I say my recruiting expert was a message board poster? Just to be clear, it is not. But keep tying to make yourself feel better.

Thanks for the advice..but I feel fine regardless. I'd trust this website staff over 2 or 3 anonymous message board posters is all I'm saying. Good day.

ADVERTISEMENT