ADVERTISEMENT

Most senior board member

Some blasts from the past R00LZ. There was an AOL forum back in the day too. Remember conversing about Bob Wenzel just before he was replaced.

I mean, it says what it says but I've been around longer than that.

It's worth mentioning that I hate PSU just as much now as I did then.

What surprises me is how irrelevant Seton Hall has become to me in that time. (Still wish all the bad things in life on them though)

Last edited:
says June 3rd 2001.....a lot of us go back to exit 109 days, and a board or two before that ........

I am in the lead right now, I think....where did I put my teeth?

Doesn't take into account all the years of creeping before actually making an account lol... but even then, I prolly wasnt even close to some of you guys.

Reactions: GeorgeStreet
It's strange, because before these board were "rivals.com," they were briefly the domain of "alliance sports," or something like that, but if I recall correctly, they were Rvials.com even before that. I seem to recall some brief change of ownership during which the Rivals name came, went, and returned. I don't recall these boards looking much different (before today, of course) since about 1998 or so, and I know I was on them then, though my profile says June 2001.

Anyone else recall those early Rivals/Alliance days?

It's strange, because before these board were "rivals.com," they were briefly the domain of "alliance sports," or something like that, but if I recall correctly, they were Rvials.com even before that. I seem to recall some brief change of ownership during which the Rivals name came, went, and returned. I don't recall these boards looking much different (before today, of course) since about 1998 or so, and I know I was on them then, though my profile says June 2001.

Anyone else recall those early Rivals/Alliance days?

Yep. That's why I feel like I've been around longer than my Joined date proclaims.

This format will lead to much better and more pointed conversation.

The 1st board were just a few angry Rutgers fans from New Jersey who sat around a table and passed negative hand written notes to each other, they all refuse to speak. That evolved over the years until we finally got a new message board today.

Lurked back when the Conference Realignment board was still a thing but I'm pretty sure that I officially joined during my sophomore year.

Interesting that the new site apparently didn't keep my old messages. Wonder what happened.

My profile was always linked to the main Rivals CFB board because I started posting there first I assume...curious what my info is now.

EDIT: 2009, huh. I am younger than I thought.

Avatar also displays join date....so, who is it?
Everyone knows that the real RU Board Pioneers cut their teeth on the old NJ.Com board. That was a real sewerfest back then. Some real hate for Shoe by many RU fans over there.

I don't remember when I joined but I was reading the boards at least 2 years before I activated an account. I was also reading the grease trucks long ago as well.

I'm not the oldest, but my date is off by two years.

It's interesting (probably just to me) how many people on this thread no longer post on the Greasetruck.

wow 2001 was a long time ago.. when did the board get erected? (haw)
The board's erection was in July of 2001, however, there were earlier erections of different predecessor boards.

Everyone knows that the real RU Board Pioneers cut their teeth on the old NJ.Com board. That was a real sewerfest back then. Some real hate for Shoe by many RU fans over there.
Actually I frequented the Home News message board when I was in grad school. That was when in internet first came into being.

I have change name so many times what is the date now
Yea that is about right for my third joining always forget my password and never remember where I had to go to get it

I remember that me first posts were about the attractiveness of student bodies in the old, old Big East and Terry Shea possibly getting hired by Vermeil in St. Louis. (And he was.)

Checking Madhat1's join date. Was plain ol Madhat before but lost that name when switched ISP and forgot password.

Edit: April Fools Day listed.
No wonder why everyone takes my opinion as a joke :p

ADVERTISEMENT