ADVERTISEMENT

Most senior board member

Ive been around under several names......been on the RU board since it had the word "exit" in its name.....and I remember reading one day and someone posted "a plane hit the world Trade Center".....that was a long time ago..

I was a member of TOS before I found this site. I decided it wasn't worth the money to be premium for both and chose this one because, believe it or not, at the time it was more civil here. If I had only known lol..

I will claim that I have been on the internet continuously posting longer than anyone else. Period. I go back past the exit 109 days, past the Joel Recht board, past the BOb Diallo (sp?) and back to USENET rec.sport.college.football. Any takers?

I'm with you - was on 109, Joel's board and some USENET boards, too (same for weather boards way back when), which means I'm old, lol.

I demand a recount on my join date, though. I distinctly recall signing up the first day this board was open for business, yet it lists me as 7/27/2001.

Lurked for the 2001 football season (Schiano's first) and looks like my first post was in Dec. 2001 after the season concluded and soon after the start of the basketball season (Waters' first). Remember lurking the Exit 109 boards for a couple years prior to that.

Everyone knows that the real RU Board Pioneers cut their teeth on the old NJ.Com board. That was a real sewerfest back then. Some real hate for Shoe by many RU fans over there.

...hate for Seton Hall??? Heck, half the nj.com Rutgers board hated Rutgers. I was there from '02-'05 and ended up being directed here by SanFranRutgers (and very glad for it) in November 2005. It was just about unbearable because of the obvious trolls with 68 screen names basically making the board almost unreadable...however, the '05 Navy 'aftergame' was very satisfying; just watching all of the troll name eat their keyboards unable to say a word was just awesome.

Joe P.

I go back to the Exit 109 days and before....

A lot of us did.......exit 109 was not the first one, but it was not bad and a lot of RU fans appreciated it being formed...cannot remember the sequence of forums that came and went, but there are many old timers
Still here from that time period...... I had the handle RU73 back then, I think, but abandoned it as time went on....someone else picked that moniker up years later and he got pretty nasty at times

I would love to know the sequence of forums we used, the years they existed,etc...

There seem to be a number of us with a "Jul 25, 2001" join date.

I do not know if that is the 1st date John set up his independent site (versus other RU sites), or that is the 1st date Rivals could register.

John O's own date is July 10, 2001. I know I was one of 10-15 posters who were amongst the 1st to be transferred over/join, so should have been within 1-2 weeks of John setting it up. July 25, 2001 is within that time frame.

Like a number of others, I date back to the Exit 109 site, to which I contributed articles even then.

July 27, 2001
I'm back to try and prove out my longest continuous posting of Rutgers stuff on the internet. Years ago I ran something called Exciting Big east Pick'em Contest on rec.sport.footballcom. Thanks to Google I located my contest form from 1996. As it says it was the 5th year entry, so I'm back to 1991 and I was on that forum touting Rutgers years before that. I was the only poster touting Rutgers.

Here's the link:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.sport.football.college/xAO6WGaPOcE

says June 3rd 2001.....a lot of us go back to exit 109 days, and a board or two before that ........

I am in the lead right now, I think....where did I put my teeth?

Excellent ... well before even John O - who started the site. Not sure how that computes, eh?

I've enjoyed reading the board for quite a while, but definitely not the most senior member.

Excellent ... well before even John O - who started the site. Not sure how that computes, eh?

Of course I do not remember the details......one guess is that the Main board rivals site might have been up before the RU board and I had joined onto
that a couple of weeks before the RU board......I did also follow the ins and outs of seton hall pretty closely at that time, and possibly their rivals board
was up and running and I was following their adventures.....seton75, a long time poster for sure, has a start date of 6/4/01

anyway, there are two others with June dates as there starting points, so it must have been possible...

anyway

I would like to be referred to as either " Mr Wheezer", or "your highness" from this point forward, until someone else steps up with an earlier date

Last edited:
This is like trying to find "Adam" or maybe we should consult Sheldon and gang to figure out the "big bang" of RU messageboards. :D

ADVERTISEMENT