ADVERTISEMENT

Most senior board member

...hate for Seton Hall??? Heck, half the nj.com Rutgers board hated Rutgers. I was there from '02-'05 and ended up being directed here by SanFranRutgers (and very glad for it) in November 2005. It was just about unbearable because of the obvious trolls with 68 screen names basically making the board almost unreadable...however, the '05 Navy 'aftergame' was very satisfying; just watching all of the troll name eat their keyboards unable to say a word was just awesome.

Joe P.
I lurked here from 2005 until right before the spring game of 2006 if I remember correctly when I joined to post a reply. I was on the nj.com board for a few years before coming here. The reason I came here was that place was worse than swimming in a cesspool.

I would like to be referred to as either " Mr Wheezer", or "your highness" from this point forward, until someone else steps up with an earlier date

I cannot refer to you like that.

I could call you Geezer, though, instead of Wheezer, if you would like.

Or perhaps "Your oldness."

I would like to be referred to as either " Mr Wheezer", or "your highness" from this point forward, until someone else steps up with an earlier date

Or we could crack open a bottle of Metamucil and a pack of Depends in your honor. ;)

HEY WHEEZER

says June 3rd 2001.....a lot of us go back to exit 109 days, and a board or two before that ........

I am in the lead right now, I think....where did I put my teeth?

I don't know about your teeth...but that's SOME mighty fine avatar you got there!

You took the lead with an earlier date in June...

The old usenet groups rec.sport.football.college in 1995 arguing with the Penn State guys over Paterno RUTSing.

ROBERT GIORDANO
12/18/95

Joe Bonaker (bon...@deltanet.com) wrote:
: Michael Anthony Leonard wrote:

: > dude, I'm from your neck of the woods (aka, near state college), and I
: > gotta respond to this. The fact of the matter is, the score was 52-34
: > late in the fourth. I don't care who the QB is...you don't throw passes
: > here.

: I'll defer to your coaching wisdom. He gave the kid one (count 'em, one)
: pass play. He failed to instruct this 2nd string QB to throw the ball
: into coverage to his #1 receiver, the 3rd string TE. He didn't explain
: that the youngster should ignore a wide-open #2 receiver, the 2nd string
: flanker, and succumb to the 8-man front. Clearly this is Paterno's
: watershed, a blunder of Hayes-esque proportions. Please submit your
: application forthwith....
Man, you PSU fans Paterno until death. About this whone RUTS thing, noone is
blaming the second stingers for making a heads up play. The problem is
with Paterno's play selection. One week before the game saint Paterno gives
sermon on the evils of RUTS. At the RU game with a minute and 24 seconds
in the game(three kneels on the ball would have ended the game with a victory)
, the RU coach conceding the game, he put 8 men on the line expecting the kneel, Saint Joe calls a pass. Let's give Joe the benefit of the doubt, and
say the play wasn't designed for a TD only a short gain When the RU coach
calls him on the TD, and I quote " I didn't think you'ld play it that way
coach" Saint Paterno forgeting he's on national television comes back with
the brilliant reponse, and I quote "That's bullshit". No gracious explanation
to a losing coach, not even a "Well I'm sorry you see it that way" but an
imediate use of profanity. Joe has lost it.

: Paterno was guilty of being sanctimonious regarding one of sport's -- and

: life's -- unwritten rules: bury your opponents when they are down. In a
: twist of fate (poetic justice?), an otherwise uneventful play blew up in
: his face. IMOBO (OB ... obviously biased), JoePa wasn't overtly trying to
: RUTS, nor was he exactly calling off his 2nd/3rd string dogs at garbage
: time. The kids broke off a big play, and he was left to deal with the
: criticism of the press. He really didn't expect the opposing coach to
: whine, and blew up at his insinuations. Embarrassing, regrettable?
: Absolutely. Proof to the world that Paterno lacks integrity, is a
: hypocrite? Hardly.
: > p.s.: paterno's not such a god as many of you have built him up to be.
: > I used to respect the man for coaching for the kids and being a
: > disciplinarian...until I saw (in recent years) how he has kept some
: > "problem students" on the team well after they screwed up. (Can you say
: > oj mcduffie, for starters?)
: >
: > anyway, don't challenge me to name more...'cuz i can do it.

: In pop psychology terms, consider yourself challenged. ;-)

: Out with it, man! Unburden your soul. Open our eyes to
: the tawdry world of stolen stereos, drunken brawls ("aggrevated
: assault" sounds so much dicier, no?), and other heinous crimes.
: No knowledgeable PSU fan believes Paterno and his program are
: immune to the problems encountered by some of its more adventurous
: young men. We do believe that they work extremely hard at screening
: recruits for the "right" kind of kid, an inexact science at best.

: Joe B.

anyway

How about: "Ancient Decrepit One"?

Sorry guys, R00LZ seems to have most everyone beat - at least according to this history page, written by one of our "founders".

---------------------------

no one is saying roolz is not one of the longest, if not the longest on the internet sites, as is Robert G, as he shows, but for some reason they did not sign up for this version of rivals as quickly as some others were able to

which was the subject of the OP, not who is the longest on all internet versions

as others have said here, a lot of fans went through all the generations of sports boards, I was on pretty much all of them mentioned in the article....some day there may be a newer board that will phase out rivals, and once again we will have a rush of sports fans to sign up there.....

it really is not a big deal, and of course we can bust chops over it in good fun

Last edited:

no one is saying roolz is not one of the longest, if not the longest on the internet sites, as is Robert G, as he shows, but for some reason they did not sign up for this version of rivals as quickly as some others were able to

which was the subject of the OP, not who is the longest on all internet versions

as others have said here, a lot of fans went through all the generations of sports boards, I was on pretty much all of them mentioned in the article....some day there may be a newer board that will phase out rivals, and once again we will have a rush of sports fans to sign up there.....

it really is not a big deal, and of course we can bust chops over it in good fun

No problem, just putting it out there - as I'm sure some visitors to these forums hardly even know that page exists (or this websites history to that extent)...

I must have actually joined this website just after the move to rivals (my "date" is wrong for some reason) - was never a member of previous incarnations as I was only 12 at the time. o_O

No problem, just putting it out there - as I'm sure some visitors to these forums hardly even know that page exists (or this websites history to that extent)...

I must have actually joined this website just after the move to rivals (my "date" is wrong for some reason) - was never a member of previous incarnations as I was only 12 at the time. o_O

--------------

and I would not doubt that the start dates are wrong for a lot of fans, including you and myself....there seems to be a lot of fans with the same start day ( July 25th)
and my guess is that might have been the actual first day of the board....

I'm with you - was on 109, Joel's board and some USENET boards, too (same for weather boards way back when), which means I'm old, lol.

I demand a recount on my join date, though. I distinctly recall signing up the first day this board was open for business, yet it lists me as 7/27/2001.

I know that I've been on these boards since 1995 and remember being part of exit 109, but there was an earlier board that I can't recall the name.

Mine says 2003, that was the year I couldn't get on as NickKnight,
for some reason,
saying there already was one. I didn't know what to do so I changed
to NickKnight 1 and lost all all all my post. I remember also being on exit 109.

-------------------------------------------------------

I used to post from my workplace until I retired and had to post again under a slightly modified moniker (Rivals didn't accept punctuation marks ) so I had t o drop the !! from my name.

P.S. How come I can type faster than the site accepts my keystrokes? Anyoneelsehavingthatproblem?

Avatar also displays join date....so, who is it?
Just discovered that knight light joined up late May 2001 , besting my alleged date......I have tried to reach out to him to assert himself here.....in the meanwhile I will start returning the fruit baskets and stuffed animals you all have sent me........

Just discovered that knight light joined up late May 2001 , besting my alleged date......I have tried to reach out to him to assert himself here.....in the meanwhile I will start returning the fruit baskets and stuffed animals you all have sent me........

He belongs to another board, so he doesn't count.

He belongs to another board, so he doesn't count.

My opinion:
Shouldn't have members of other boards put as well known member under their name.
Put guest (or the board poster is from ) instead of wkm which has it look like visitors are members of SN.

I had to become Skillethead2 when I moved to NZ. Was originally just Skillethead, but interesting to see when I first posted as "2".

I think it's a futile exercise, since the dates don't actually go back to the pre-Rivals era, which some of us were around for.

So true...as this incarnation would be at least the 3rd rival board and this is at least my 2nd account (first one didn't rollover).

Knightlight is a UCF...have we figured out why he is so concerned with our business

Overall I like K-L and think he makes some interesting points at times, but Ive noticed that he seems to either side 'against' us or take subtle digs at us when there's some sort of debate.

Joe P.

I knew I was here when the forum first started, but I had no idea it was 2001. Not bad.

Well.. I am not the most senior board member, but not too bad (13 years, 2months).

Interesting to see that I only have 238 posts over that time for an average of only 18 posts a year.... or 1.5 posts per month. Not a high frequency . definitely beat by almost everyone on the board I would venture to guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT