ADVERTISEMENT

Moving to Lawrence TWP

RUsojo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
Or surrounding areas. Is anyone able to provide any insight? Looking for 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom apartment/townhome. Moving in with a buddy, two fairly young guys, looking for an area where there are things to do and hoping to stay relatively close to Princeton. I work about 10-15 south of Lawrence w/o traffic and my buddy works from home. Thanks in advance.

Depends on the "things to do". if you're looking for a walking distance things to do type environment, downtown Princeton would be best - but it can be pretty pricey. New Hope/Lambertville would be next on my list of places with "things to do". If looking for a standard place to live that is driveable to the aforementioned towns, Hopewell, Franklin Park, Lawrenceville, West Windsor, parts of South Brunswick, Plainsboro all have condos/townhouses for rent that are more reasonably priced than downtown Princeton and are pretty convenient to the town itself.

If the rent is not too steep, I would go for something like Canal Pointe between the Princeton Market Fair and the Delaware and Raritan canal. If you don't mind the traffic, you have the restaurants/shops at the Market Fair, reasonably close to downtown Princeton, and you have the Delaware and Raritan Canal Trail. Quickly looking, 2 BRs are $1750/month. I remember renting at Society Hill in Hamilton (which was much cheaper than Princeton) many years ago, and a quick check of one place there has the rent on a 2 BR at $1600. Wow, renting is expensive. I did not realize how high priced rentals are in and around Princeton.

Reactions: rufancoe00
Canal pointe is a good location as recommended above...and you are local to everything and right off of route one. Downtown princeton is 7 minute drive...and you have convienance (and traffic) of all the shopping and dining options less than 2 miles from there

Plaonsboro has a lot of similar places too (ravens crest, tameron, Etc).

The Mews and Princeton Jct. are renting 2BR for ~$2100. Newer and well maintained, close to train, Princeton, Rt. 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT