ADVERTISEMENT

my family and I used to look forward to the first day at Mirror Lake Swim Club

beaced

Hall of Famer
Jul 18, 2004
sunrise fl
It was rarely a hot day. But it was
"officially" the first day of Summer.It was off Woodbridge ave in what had been a stone quarry.Long since gone.I couldn't even find it when I looked about 20 years go.Happy Summer to All.

Reactions: RUfinal4
Same for Boro Pool in Milltown. Still there today in its latest form. It started as an old swimming hole that eventually received a paved base in the late 1950s/early 1960s. Most everyone in town learned to swim there.

Last edited:
I went to Mirror Lake as a kid. My father loved all the sports leagues they had (basketball, volleyball, softball, and paddle ball).

Bowtie Pool In Port Reading(Woodbridge Township). Spent many summers there.

Learned to swim as a kid at a swimclub called Chester Springs, which was plowed under to construct the Chester Mall. When that closed, we Swam and fished at the Peapack-Gladstone reservoir which is in chester. Had some huge sunfish and Largemouth bass. You had to run when the workers came around though since it was not open to the public. Now Chester owns it, turned it into a park, but you still can't swim there!!!

For a treat, we used to go to a swimming club/park called Highsteins in Randolph which charged by the carload. We put our 6 kids and half the neighborhood kids in the station wagon and got our monies worth.

Last edited:
Swam and fished my summers away as a kid at the Peapack-Gladstone resovoir which is in chester. Had some huge sunfish and Largemouth bass. You had to run when the workers came around though since it was not open too the public. Now Chester owns it, turned it into a park, but you still can't swim there!!!
They should have an affidavit for people to sign that would enable them to swim there. One would be affirming that you would not tinkle into the reservoir while swimming.

They should have an affidavit for people to sign that would enable them to swim there. One would be affirming that you would not tinkle into the reservoir while swimming.

You mean the same affidavit people signed to swim in the seaside beach? Funny, it hasn't been used as a reservoir for years though, nothing to worry about!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT