ADVERTISEMENT

My take on the Homecoming win

RuBird

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
1. Well that was “special”. We waited all year and most of this game, esp. after Rochelle fumble, for special teams to come thru. Wow!

2. Some questioned Lusardi for being named a captain. Love what he brings each and every week.

3. Many have debated Brown over Kyle. To me first and foremost love having both ( and the rest of the RB depth). Kyle and the OL just seemed to want it more than MSU D.

4. Who lit a fire under Iggy? Whale of a game including all the TFLs.

5. We finally beat a B1G team AND the refs in the same game. AND off MSU bye week. Let that sink in. Somehow we did this without Powell. Amazing.

6. You know I love Gavin and still do. He obviously sailed passes today. He also had drops. That said he made throws today that he doesn’t make last year. Will AJ give him a run for his money next year? Will Sheppard? Simon back? Now all of a sudden QB room not the worst position group.

7. Props to Dremel as he just finds ways of getting the ball.

8. Told my daughter Pandamonium in Piscataway was different than today for me. I knew at Halftime we would beat Louisville. Look at the team we had, Teel, Rice Leonard the receivers etc etc….. like that game I stayed till the end today. In shock, no way did I ever imagine a comeback 18 down in the fourth. Loved it!

9. Have fought with a few regarding attendance. Sure it sucks not having a full stadium and the student section certainly did nor show up ( numbers wise). The fans there we knew the weather was going to be bad. That said we brought the energy. Maybe it’s just me. I could care less if I am 1 of 10,000 or 1 of 55,000 there. It does not take away the feeling of the victory. I would love a Bama or Nebraska type of attendance. Until that happens those that are there will be as loud as we can..

10. We can argue about Gavin, playcalling, attendance etc etc…..One thing we can all agree on There is not a finer group of young men out there. Again I loved listening to Lewis on the post game show. This is a special team.. I bELieve

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News