ADVERTISEMENT

NB hotels nearly all booked for OSU

S.B. Crumb

All American
Dec 17, 2003
Even though I'm local, I like staying overnight in NB for one game a year. Since I'm an OSU grad also, had to choose that one of course.

Couldn't find any rooms at the Hyatt and had to scrounge to find an overpriced room at the Heldrich. Never had that happen to me this early ever.

NB is gonna be hopping on 10/24.

I wonder if any other games are experiencing this much demand.

We just booked our room Crumb. Thanks for the heads up text! Only 2 left on bookings.com and 2 day min on main site. Hyatt only has options for Executive suit.

Reactions: S.B. Crumb
I've heard OSU doesn't travel well (compare to Nebraska, PSU, Michigan) so this means RU fans from all over are flocking here, it will be the best atmosphere especially when we win

I've heard OSU doesn't travel well (compare to Nebraska, PSU, Michigan) so this means RU fans from all over are flocking here, it will be the best atmosphere especially when we win

They don't have to travel well .. There are more than enough of them living in NJ & NY already to fill our stadium

OSU travels just fine. Rutgers will be overwhelmed with Buckeyes on the field and in the stadium.

By the way, watch a replay of the National Championship game and compare the OSU crowd to the Oregon crowd. It's like 80% Buckeye fans.

OSU travels just fine. Rutgers will be overwhelmed with Buckeyes on the field and in the stadium.

By the way, watch a replay of the National Championship game and compare the OSU crowd to the Oregon crowd. It's like 80% Buckeye fans.

It's like you troll other boards just to make sure you correct people...funny! Don't take yourself so seriously, poisonous legume!

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

So said the PSU visitors last year. If you travel here you better have a ticket ahead of time. The nits thought they were going to take over the stadium and they were sadly mistaken. Lots of PSU fans were stuck outside the stadium with nowhere to go. It would suck to be an OSU fan who comes here expecting to get tickets and being stuck outside the stadium after flying or driving all this way. I can't tell you how many offers I got for my tickets.

They will travel just fine. However I will guarantee that the stadium won't be "filled" with OSU fans. I expect a few thousand just like PSU and Michigan.

And even though there will be very very little chance we beat him I think it will be much closer than people expect until they pull away at the end.

So said the PSU visitors last year. If you travel here you better have a ticket ahead of time. The nits thought they were going to take over the stadium and they were sadly mistaken. Lots of PSU fans were stuck outside the stadium with nowhere to go. It would suck to be an OSU fan who comes here expecting to get tickets and being stuck outside the stadium after flying or driving all this way. I can't tell you how many offers I got for my tickets.

True. If PSU and their local infestation couldn't take over the stadium, no one else will. Of course, this assumes we are not having a poor season.

Pointing to the crowd at a national championship game says nothing about traveling... Any school playing in that game will travel well

Whether a bowl game or a regular season away game, OSU travels well. In part because there are not only alumni spread throughout the nation, but non-alumni fans and as well.

How much the Buckeye faithful is able to fill a stadium is directly proportionate to how many of the home fans are willing to give up their own tickets.

I assume that OSU will use their allotment, and because it is the first time Rutgers will host OSU, you guys will as well.

To start the game there will be more Scarlet Knights in the seats. If that's still the case in the middle of the fourth quarter, that would be a good sign for you guys.

I watched the game and rooted for the Bucks all the way.Once our game is played there is no reason for me not to watch and enjoy well played FB. TFTFP excluded!!

I watched the game and rooted for the Bucks all the way.Once our game is played there is no reason for me not to watch and enjoy well played FB. TFTFP excluded!!

Me too. I'm all in on rooting for the B1G and even more so the B1G East. I truly want a divisional rivalry with the SEC West.

Penn state and michigan said the same thing about taking over our stadium and it wasn't even close. Both of the fan groups got pretty quiet pretty fast when they realized our fans are no joke. I don't want to say they were intimidated but they were certainly surprised.

On the field is going to be a different story...

Reactions: redking
I wouldn't listen to a thing a PSU fan has to say about OSU they are the saltiest people on the planet. All that matters is that it's a great environment & hopefully you guys get to experience The Best Damn Band In The Land. :sunglasses:

Defending national
Champions. Team stacked with talent. We have first year QB and OC. I like our chances to beat the 48 point spread.

Reactions: Piscataway
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT