ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska's alternate uni's

stop-the-madness.jpg

Reactions: BuckRU
Nothing like throwing tradition out the window. Every time someone decides to change long standing traditions, a little bit more of this country dies with the change.

Reactions: therod
Nothing like throwing tradition out the window. Every time someone decides to change long standing traditions, a little bit more of this country dies with the change.
When you throw away the things that bind people together...

(The small private school I attended and played for changed from "college" to 'university" selling out for foreign money, changed the school seal and the classic football uniforms that were worn for over 30 years. I no longer donate.)

Reactions: KnightsofChrome
Is that guy on the team? Looks pretty threatening....

Adidas tries way too hard to keep up with Nike and now UA. Their uniforms are the biggest eye soar.

Kansas-Jayhawk-Baylor-Bear-Uniforms.jpg

When you throw away the things that bind people together...

(The small private school I attended and played for changed from "college" to 'university" selling out for foreign money, changed the school seal and the classic football uniforms that were worn for over 30 years. I no longer donate.)
I always thought the difference between "college' and "university" was a graduate school. Is that not the case?

I like the NU stripes on the pants (click the more photos link on the linked article). That's about all that I like. The helmet for a "black out" game is pretty decent in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the grayish stuff on the jersey. The point to the alternate uniforms is to make fans want to buy the replicas to get more money into the program and most people only purchase the jersey, which is the only part of the uniform I wouldn't consider purchasing. I'd rate it a fail.

I just saw them on CBS Sports and came over to comment. Here's a couple of shots:

nebraskaalt1.jpg

nebraskaalt2.jpg

I'm sorry, but the top looks like the player was run over by a truck.

Reactions: sherrane
Notre Dame, Michigan, and Tennessee have all left Adidas in the last 2 years. Nebraska should be following soon as you can see why.

I always thought the difference between "college' and "university" was a graduate school. Is that not the case?

It's been a while, but the other things are, Universities offer master’s and doctoral degrees which require completion of the bachelor’s degree first.Universities tend to be larger, with faculty time and attention divided between research and teaching. Some large universities will have divisions named “The College of Liberal Arts” or the “College of Engineering.” size of the library, amount of actual educational degrees and what majors, how many published professors, etc..

I usually hate alternatives, ESPECIALLY anything done by Adidas (no U.S. Team should be sponsored by Adidas, just stupid) but I actually kind of like these. I'm a sucker for matte helmets

Notre Dame, Michigan, and Tennessee have all left Adidas in the last 2 years. Nebraska should be following soon as you can see why.

They left cause they got paid, though the better uniform designs didn't hurt, I am sure.

Adidas is the absolute WORST at designing uniforms. Every time, Its beyond terrible... and this is coming from a guy who enjoys new and innovative looks. I never found an Adidas uniform design that didnt make me want to puke. I hope to GOD that Adidas doesn't one day become desperate and give us an offer we can't refuse.

We're never leaving Adidas unfortunately. Those teams leaving only means Adidas will fight that much harder to keep one of their more prominent brands in the fold. Plus, our athletic department and board of regents have an affinity towards Adidas (I'm guessing because the 1995 and 1997 national title teams played wearing Adidas gear). They'll wave more money in our face and our AD will be sold. Which is a shame because I'd love to be a part of the Under Armor brand, or even Nike. But we're going to be stuck for the foreseeable future with Adidas and their retreads that they call "alternate" uniforms.

Camp uni's. These helmets just look right.

The only time of year where Rutgers isn't trying too hard and is walking like a big boy.

I look forward to camp starting.
-ae17df296ad2302b.JPG

Rollerball meets XFL meets UFL.--They aren't any worse than what we have had the past couple years.

I think I'll call those their "Roadkill Uni's".

Quick, which of those two football teams is Nebraska? The one in red, right?
Try again, Merlin.
The Nebraska Cornhuskers, known throughout Husker Nation as “Big Red” — scarlet has been the school’s primary color since roughly 1890 — this year, with adidas’s help (if not on its orders), have heralded a new uniform, a black one. As if you’re surprised!

LINK---> http://nypost.com/2015/08/01/nebraska-big-red-latest-to-sell-out-jerseys-in-disturbing-trend/

ADVERTISEMENT