ADVERTISEMENT

NJ.COM Article on Carli

I feel like someone should point out that if this was a negative article, it would be immediately asked here, "What does her going to RU have to do with anything?" or "Why did they need to mention RU?" So since it was done in a positive light, is it ok with the resident conspiracy theorists?

1. I specifically pointed out that it was NJ.Com and Steve P. so if you didn't want to read NJ.Com or Steve P. you just don't click on it

2. This is about Rutgers own Carli Lloyd, she had a game for the ages, lets just celebrate Carli and leave this other crap for another day.

3. Resident troll? I think you have me confused with someone else.

Reactions: RAA-1
I am so tired of all this Bull---- regarding the Star Ledger. Yes, I understand all the negative articles, and lousy writing by almost all the writers on that rag. But, so what, we know that! Do any of you actually think our measly opinions or boycotts have done one iota of damage to that paper!? The paper will die on it's own lack of merit, we the Rutgers community will not be responsible for it, but the general readership of NJ and the various Social Media outlets, will be the cause! When we bash one of our own)the OP), we seem petty, and classless. If you don't like the OP and the info. he/she provides for our entertainment, DON'T CLICK ON IT! There is no need for insults.

I feel like someone should point out that if this was a negative article, it would be immediately asked here, "What does her going to RU have to do with anything?" or "Why did they need to mention RU?" So since it was done in a positive light, is it ok with the resident conspiracy theorists?
Yeah, and all it took was a legendary once in a lifetime performance. So we should expect another article when an RU golfer finishes the Masters with 3 straight holes-in-one.

1. I specifically pointed out that it was NJ.Com and Steve P. so if you didn't want to read NJ.Com or Steve P. you just don't click on it

2. This is about Rutgers own Carli Lloyd, she had a game for the ages, lets just celebrate Carli and leave this other crap for another day.

3. Resident troll? I think you have me confused with someone else.

I think he is referring to Politi as the resident troll, not you.

Let's try to get this thread back on topic. Great performance, great article. Loved this part:

"Her play in the games leading up to the 5-2 victory over Japan in the final left me wondering if this was the best performance ever by a Rutgers athlete on the big stage. She had scored in three straight games. She had dominated the semifinal victory over Germany. She was that good.

Forget that now. After her hat trick in the World Cup final – in the first 16 minutesof the World Cup final – this became something else entirely.

This was one of the finest performances by any American athlete in a m
ajor global tournament. Ever. What else can you say? She was that good. She was historically good."

What's most impressive is that she was still making runs, distributing the ball, and aggressively pressing right up until the final whistle. That goal from midfield is probably the greatest goal I've witnessed live -- absolutely technical trajectory, pace, & placement.

Let's try to get this thread back on topic. Great performance, great article. Loved this part:

"Her play in the games leading up to the 5-2 victory over Japan in the final left me wondering if this was the best performance ever by a Rutgers athlete on the big stage. She had scored in three straight games. She had dominated the semifinal victory over Germany. She was that good.

Forget that now. After her hat trick in the World Cup final – in the first 16 minutesof the World Cup final – this became something else entirely.

This was one of the finest performances by any American athlete in a m
ajor global tournament. Ever. What else can you say? She was that good. She was historically good."

I was already at #1 above, but come to think of it...#2 does seem darn spot on...she came DARN CLOSE to getting a forth and if the team continued to press could have had 5. She was eveywhere till the end...

The picture below sums up Carli's class. Good article on Abby, too, who could've sulked when benched and converted to a sub, but didn't, becoming a huge cheerleader and "coach" for the team.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/06/s...NextInCollection&region=Footer&pgtype=article

06-macur-articleLarge.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT