ADVERTISEMENT

NJ.COM article Regarding Facilities

Good article...time to be creative.
I'm all in favor of creativity but not so when it comes to putting a practice facility on top of a parking garage.Why can't the practice facility be built adjacent to the parking garage to meet the funding requirement and still have a separate entrance and identity/signage?

Reactions: MineStreet
I'm all in favor of creativity but not so when it comes to putting a practice facility on top of a parking garage.Why can't the practice facility be built adjacent to the parking garage to meet the funding requirement and still have a separate entrance and identity/signage?

Every state seems to have different regulations when it comes to approved need based University Construction Projects.

Maybe NJ states that if your bold case above, that would be built on land not dedicated to any other project vs if something is built on top of a parking garage, Univ is not taking up any extra land if they built on top of the garage.

Remember when FSU put in a few classrooms in their huge stadium renovation project 15 years ago when they basically rebuilt their football stadium for free...as the ruse was it was a need base academic project.

Florida Legislature change those rules AFTER that ruse was exposed...so now, general public $$$ can't be used to build athletic projects anymore on public Univ.

If it is going to be on top of a parking garage, hopefully it will have a cool 360 view of out beautiful capus :).

Who said it would not have a separate entrance and identity/signage?
I'm sure it will.

ADVERTISEMENT