ADVERTISEMENT

No. 6 Rutgers Field Hockey Hosts No. 8 Maryland Thursday

Tough to go to these games I can’t remember does the field hockey field have lights?
Unless something changed this off-season I don't believe so...and...the bleachers are like 30-yards from the field IIRC? Again, unless things have changed.

No. 7 Rutgers field hockey to host No. 8 Maryland at home

We outplayed them. Missed out on so many chances to score. I kept thinking this time it's going to come back & bite us. But the Ladies were tough & got the W at the end of the day.
The whole Men's lax team was there whooping it up, also a dozen of the Women's lax team & 10 or so of the Men's basketball team. All stayed. Great to see.
Congrats Ladies! GO RU!

Last edited:
Ohio State just took down #1 Iowa today, which means that Rutgers is the last undefeated team left in the sport.
Unfortunately, if the rest of the top 5 wins their games this weekend, we’re probably still going to be #6, as I would bet Iowa will still be ranked in the top 5. The number of points between 5 and us at 6 in the Coaches Poll was pretty significant.

Hope I’m wrong and the coaches give us credit for beating a top 10 team (our fifth ranked win of the year), plus we’re the only remaining undefeated team in the country (and it’s not like we had a soft schedule either).

Unfortunately, if the rest of the top 5 wins their games this weekend, we’re probably still going to be #6, as I would bet Iowa will still be ranked in the top 5. The number of points between 5 and us at 6 in the Coaches Poll was pretty significant.

Hope I’m wrong and the coaches give us credit for beating a top 10 team (our fifth ranked win of the year), plus we’re the only remaining undefeated team in the country (and it’s not like we had a soft schedule either).
That's OK. Rankings don't mean anything at this point. Will give the girls an edge. They are playing with confidence.

Not worried about rankings. We came in very underrated after last year and had a lot of ground to make up to get to where we are already. Regardless, ALL about RPI at season's end.

Reactions: Scarlet Craig
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT