ADVERTISEMENT

No. 9 Men’s Lacrosse Wraps Regular Season at No. 19 Ohio State / Saturday 4pm - On BTN

You'd think the way we play offense we would be able to land top grade talent at the FO position. Like I said, do we have a FO coach? If not, alums need to fund that position pronto.
WE are at the limit for coaches and can not simply hire another one, the restrictions are the NCAA's not the school 1 head, 2 full time asst. 1 volunteer, 1 DOO. we have our full allotment creating the Director of Ops position a couple of years ago.

I know nothing about lacrosse, but it sure seemed to me that on many of those face-offs the Ohio State face-off man was managing to intentionally direct the ball to his long stick teammates – – so that few of the face-offs were really50-50 ground ball propositions. Was my lack of lacrosse knowledge causing me to imagine something that wasn’t really happening?

That would be exceptional talent. Sometimes it is just the luck of the bounce but also how hard they scrap for it and their stick skills. The long sticks are called long stick middies, LSMs, who are also very specialized. They do not play regular defense. After face off they come off for a short stick on offense but drop back if lose FO.

probably a silly question but how much difference in skill/ability is there between a 'shitty' faceoff guy and a really good one? Is it taking the same guy and fixing one technique (maybe minor issue) and they shift from one end to the other? or is there quite the gap from someone who is losing all the FO's to winning a decent amount of them?

That games over. Hopefully, Brown can make a go of it, though that would shock me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT