ADVERTISEMENT

Noga Peleg-Pelc

Okay, the fact she entered the transfer portal is not a good sign for the women’s team IMO.

Especially when we are so short handed.

Idk, could be wrong, but something stinks here.

Reactions: shields
Very concerning and I hope it's not the start of a trend. Seems we lose players every year so something is wrong here. She was a contributor who appeared to work very hard and supported her teammates.

Reactions: Bon1674
Very concerning and I hope it's not the start of a trend. Seems we lose players every year so something is wrong here. She was a contributor who appeared to work very hard and supported her teammates.

She has been on the bench for ONE GAME in the past two months, & supposedly in Israel during some of the games, does not sound like she was working very hard during that time frame.

We recruit too many players with issues
Who is we? What players, MBB, FB, WBB, or other sports?
Who have we lost, and when? Not trying to bust chops, just really interested in names, and years. TIA.

Reactions: ChasRC69
She has been on the bench for ONE GAME in the past two months, & supposedly in Israel during some of the games, does not sound like she was working very hard during that time frame.
TRU2RU, don't let some guys on here aggravate you. Take it from where it comes, and it is just childlike.

We recruit too many players with issues
Did you ever conduct psych evals on adolescents/young adults? Who are you talking about? We? We, who? As compared to?
OK, I'm done for day. I hope the men win in a few hours. I could never imagine giving up on them over all their years of stinking the RAC out.

Reactions: Rutgers56
Maybe she was tired of all her minutes on the bench watching "athletes" who can't put the ball in the basket.

Reactions: rimsky
Who is we? What players, MBB, FB, WBB, or other sports?

Who have we lost, and when? Not trying to bust chops, just really interested in names, and years. TIA.

We kicked our point guard off the team for repeated violations last season

Another girl simply left the team the day before ncaa selection show

Why is it almost every year Rutgers women's basketball seem to have more injuries than most
during the season ? One of my biggest WBB gripes is weekly updates stating player such and such is out
for sometime multiple games. Is it that these D 1 players are not getting proper strength and conditioning or are they just fragile. Spained ankles , knees I can understand but now a sprained neck and Zippora's out ?Common theme under C . Viv.

Stringer has often recruited players with questionable character and off court issues.
Are you implying Norga was one of them and just how many questionable characters has Stringer recruited during the course of her 25 years as HC at Rutgers.
Or is giving one a second chance too many.

I think most programs give second chances, it's just the fans of those programs might not call out their HC because one or two might not have worked out.

Reactions: TRU2RU and hoquat63
Why is it almost every year Rutgers women's basketball seem to have more injuries than most
during the season ? One of my biggest WBB gripes is weekly updates stating player such and such is out
for sometime multiple games. Is it that these D 1 players are not getting proper strength and conditioning or are they just fragile. Spained ankles , knees I can understand but now a sprained neck and Zippora's out ?Common theme under C . Viv.
I doubt that Rutgers has anywhere near the most injuries. More than some, yes, probably because of the reliance on athleticism that is part of Vivian's style. But I've been watching women's basketball since 1995, a lot of games on TV, and I can't say that I see RU as being an outlier.

If any of the gripes that pop up in this thread is true, RU has actually had a fair amount of transfer activity. Then again, Rutgers is not alone in that, a few years ago Arizona lost multiple players after every dreadful year (someone said to me that players know it when the head coach is clueless). I don't think Rutgers is for everyone on a lot of levels (not all WBB related) and I think there are players who would prefer a more dynamic offensive style. That said , I don't think RU is anywhere near the school with the most transfers, but possibly more than average.

Maybe this thread should be locked already, it is quite tangential with numerous off the subject posts.

Why do we attack the most successful program at Rutgers. Yes, she recruit athletes and true basketball players. But, not many basketball players can handle her defense requirements. This in coming class should be a little different. Plus, she just receive a D1 training facility and should see a difference in their strength. But also, she plays a 55 with 9 players, so they have to be in shape. Next, we just came off a big win... Amazing how much we support this team.

Peleg pelc transfer portal is ridiculous. She was totally misused here

So given that we still have no idea why she is transferring (whether it's even basketball related at all), I'm not sure I buy this. She barely played this year--only 8 games, due to injury and these undisclosed personal issues, so it's almost impossible to get a read on this year.

But as a freshman she averaged 16.4mpg, 5.3ppg, and shot 39% from 3-pt range. She was a 3-pt assassin, and teams knew it. She was critical in the team's upset at Maryland. She almost single-handedly shot the team to an upset of Iowa in the B10 semis.

Was she a major component of every game? No, but she was definitely a major weapon for the team off the bench that opposing teams had to respect. I was excited for her to continue to develop at RU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT