ADVERTISEMENT

Noon kickoff for Rutgers at Army

That's actually a great time for a game up at West Point in late November. Looking forward to introducing Tyler and Corey to West Point as they've never been up there.

hmmmmmmmmm......late November. All kinds of weather can happen. I remember being up there for a game where it snowed and sleeted and none of us were prepared. I have never been more soaked to the bone and cold than I was at that game and after it. I swear it took me days to get warm

hmmmmmmmmm......late November. All kinds of weather can happen. I remember being up there for a game where it snowed and sleeted and none of us were prepared. I have never been more soaked to the bone and cold than I was at that game and after it. I swear it took me days to get warm

Was that the "Brian Leonard breakout" game? If so, I remember it well - it was the last time I was up at West Point and it was definitely miserable.

Yeah, it was the 2007 game. Absolutely horrible weather. At least 10K RU fans were there, the largest # I'd ever seen for one of our games at West Point. The RU Glee Club gave a concert in Army's chapel that afternoon before the game. We ended up driving home in snow. And I think that was the game when the Touchdown Club(?) bus got lost on its way to or from the Point. Others here will remember if that was the same game.

Now that RU no longer plays UConn, in CT, I guess that I will have to settle for a game at West Point as the nearest RU away game (as I live in the Boston area). I guess this would shave an 60-90 minutes off of the trip down to Piscataway.

That's actually a great time for a game up at West Point in late November. Looking forward to introducing Tyler and Corey to West Point as they've never been up there.

If you think they might be interested, check and see if the cadets are going parade on Howze Field an hour or two before the game. And be in your seats 15 minutes before game time to be sure they see the skydiver arrive with the game ball.

Reactions: MrsScrew
3pm would have been nice too but if it is at 12, then why not hang out some after the game? It is the away game I am going to plan on and hopefully, we finally have a beautiful day there. I am planning to arrive at 8am- tour the grounds, tailgate a little and then get in the stadium early. 2007 and 2009 weather were horrible. 2007 takes the cake for worst weather and situation ever...2009 was horrible too, rain and cold. But the cadets are the best. Can't even compare them to Navy- West Point is just a class act all the way around.

3pm would have been nice too but if it is at 12, then why not hang out some after the game?
Don't forget that that is a month before the day with the shortest daylight hours. On November 21st, sunset will be at 4:34 so it would be full dark by the end of a game that started at 3. For me, with two boys in tow (and, possibly, the missus), this works out perfectly. And, yes, a post-game tailgate is highly probable.

Already booked 8 plus me and my wife on the Seastreak. So glad this is a noon start. Will not be as chilly during the day. Should be a great trip. Now lets hope for no rain 2007 sucked. This is definitely a bucket list trip for college football fans.

So happy it's a day game. And with the noon start there is an opportunity to watch the cadets parade. West Point is iconic. Those that don't want to play the local academies most likely have never been to West Point or Annapolis.

I am predicting hurricane-like weather for that game. Shame we couldn't be there for peak foliage.

Cant wait for this game and my first time at West Point. Is the tailgating located right outside the stadium? Is the parade of cadets in the stadium? Thanks.

Cant wait for this game and my first time at West Point. Is the tailgating located right outside the stadium? Is the parade of cadets in the stadium? Thanks.

Unless you have West Point season tickets you will not be tailgating right next to the stadium. There will be shuttle busses if you don't want to walk.

A grueling 15 min ride for me...plus I get to park in post housing! ;)

LOL, In retrospect we were fortunate that the bus we were on arrived late. Less time sitting in that brutal weather.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT