ADVERTISEMENT

OK, anyone else into The Strain?

scarletrat

Heisman Winner
Aug 28, 2003
Started watching last summer and while I'm tired of vampires and maybe a little less so of zombies, at least thus far the story line has been good. No, I never read the book(s). No spoiler alert, but I like the scientific approach (it was killed off very soon in The Walking Dead when CDC was destroyed in S1) in infecting the infected along with the historical flashbacks/backstory, and now more recently coupled with the other vampires looking for the Master (and want to kidnap Eldridge).

Started watching last summer and while I'm tired of vampires and maybe a little less so of zombies, at least thus far the story line has been good. No, I never read the book(s). No spoiler alert, but I like the scientific approach (it was killed off very soon in The Walking Dead when CDC was destroyed in S1) in infecting the infected along with the historical flashbacks/backstory, and now more recently coupled with the other vampires looking for the Master (and want to kidnap Eldridge).

------

I usually love this type of show, or movie, but I just thought it was so far fetched, it "strained" all credibility....so I do not watch...

Of all the latest sci fi shows, the last ship, the strain, the lottery,under the dome, extent, the one I like the best is "the leftovers"' ........"falling skies" is still decent.....as is walking dead

But the strain, under the dome, the lottery, last ship....I have given up on for the most part

I am into the strain. Dvr'd last night so have not seen. I like it, cool explanation of the vampire mythos. Though seeing The Mastr vomit vampire worms into someone's mouth tuned my stomach a bit.
I like the hunter stragoi

My wife and I are into it. it is a bit far fetched, but it's entertaining. My wife likes the Russian health inspector.

The Strain is not bad (for summer viewing when everything is repeats.) Under the Dome was getting pretty stupid last season and I was done with it. However, it's been much better this season (so far.) Looking forward to "Fear the Walking Dead", which starts up in August.

It is really cheesy. The dialogue is brutally awful. The kid actor is really terrible.

That said it is dumb fun. It is not boring at least.

Reactions: rutexan84
I watched this ast season and enjoyed it for the first half but then it went quickly downhill and became a chore to watch. The characters are unlikable, the acting is embarrassing and the dialogue even moreso. The reveal of the Master was cheesy. Less is more but they don't understand I guess. I watched the first episode of this season and turned it off halfway through

Some shows I would recommend are Humans, Wayward Pines and Penny Dreadful...the latter of which is the best show on tv IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT