ADVERTISEMENT

OK, is JCPL regulating the power again today?

ruready4somefootball

Heisman Winner
Nov 10, 2003
My AC unit has had no problem keeping up with the settings until today. I always keep a digital reader in my floor vent in the living room and my AC unit even on other 90+ days this week was pumping out air at 56 degrees, and my AC unit runs on and off keeping it at 70 degrees perfect. Today, we come home from the beach and my house is at 74 degrees with the AC pumping out air at 64 degrees. I know my AC is fine, so I know this happened several times last summer and my AC worked fine after. I would not call it a brown out, and I called JCPL once last summer and they denied doing anything of the sort, but they do cut the amount of power you need on these very hot days, but not all the days. Humidity makes cooling the house harder than just heat,but still, JCPL has something to do with it. What makes no sense to me is, now AC units run and never turn off, where as if they gave you full power, plenty of AC units would cycle on and off. I don't get it.

My guess is that the extremely high humidity is causing your condenser to ice up and become less efficient, leading to the increase in your AC output temp. This is a common problem. When the humidity drops, your AC will return to normal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT