ADVERTISEMENT

Okl St Sr QB to transfer to MD

Rutgers QBs fighting for the starting position.
RS Soph with 3 years in the system and played in five games ( limited action) last season
RS soph in his second year at RU, but was considered one of the elite signal callers in the country for the Class of 2013.
when he signed on with LSU.
Another ( long shot ) going for starting QB ESPN considered a four-star prospect and the 21st-ranked quarterback nationally
and iS a RS Frosh this year.
I don't think who Maryland gets to play QB ,or back up starter this season, is an important as one of those 3 stepping up and having a good year for RU this upcoming season.

If RU fans feel the need to start worrying about who a B1G, or any, opponent picks up they better have a lot of ulcer medicine on hand.
RU fans need to be concerned about how RU's roster plays, not who is added to another school's roster as a grad transfer.

Maryland has so many problems that getting a QB with one year's starting experience and a 12/12 TD to INT ratio ain't gonna make all that much difference.

Rutgers QBs fighting for the starting position.
RS Soph with 3 years in the system and played in five games ( limited action) last season
RS soph in his second year at RU, but was considered one of the elite signal callers in the country for the Class of 2013.
when he signed on with LSU.
Another ( long shot ) going for starting QB ESPN considered a four-star prospect and the 21st-ranked quarterback nationally
and iS a RS Frosh this year.
I don't think who Maryland gets to play QB ,or back up starter this season, is an important as one of those 3 stepping up and having a good year for RU this upcoming season.

If RU fans feel the need to start worrying about who a B1G, or any, opponent picks up they better have a lot of ulcer medicine on hand.
RU fans need to be concerned about how RU's roster plays, not who is added to another school's roster as a grad transfer.

Not only that, the Daxx Garman threw 12 TDs and 12 Ints last season before suffering a concussion. If he came to RU, would this board think he'd be any better than Laviano or Rettig? I think a lot of us would prefer to see what either of the sophomores could do before calling for him to start. I wish Garman the best at Maryland, but I don't envy Maryland's QB situation if he's coming in with a good opportunity to start.

the reason for my post was to share the news from one of our competitors. While RU may have better options this may be an upgrade at MD, at least in creating a competition for the starting QB role. If he throws 12 TDs and 12 INTs this year let's hope it is not 3 TDs and 0 INTs vs. RU and 9TDs and 12 INTs vs. everyone else.

German started off at the UofA ( redshirted his freshman season 2011) then WENT to OKS.and sat (transfer rules) in 2012.
2013 didn't see gametime, only practice time
Gained the Cowboy starting roll after the starter was injured early in the season and required surgery.
Seems, to me, Daxx wasn't going to be the starter this year at OKS and decided to move again and to be a one year rental starter at MD because he could leave without sitting and he could fight for the starting position there, instead of being OKS back-up QB

Not only that, the Daxx Garman threw 12 TDs and 12 Ints last season before suffering a concussion. If he came to RU, would this board think he'd be any better than Laviano or Rettig? I think a lot of us would prefer to see what either of the sophomores could do before calling for him to start. I wish Garman the best at Maryland, but I don't envy Maryland's QB situation if he's coming in with a good opportunity to start.

Of course ..many would prefer the transfer. People always love the unknown player...especially at QB. The new guy, the other guy, etc is always a better option. It's just the way many football fans are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT