ADVERTISEMENT

One Man's Perspective on RU Athletics

I have only one comment, which is that the article does not mention just how much money the B1G throws off to full members, an amount that will be larger than RU's deficit. It makes you think the author has no idea how little money RU got from the BEast and the AAC.

Edited because extra words snuck in somehow.
This post was edited on 4/2 2:01 PM by BeKnighted

Funny - I thought I'd seen this article from Forbes earlier today but now the link is broken.

Originally posted by ScarletteK80:
Link no work?
Don't work, just tried.
Using Firefox browser, maybe it will work with another browser
question.r191677.gif

Originally posted by BeKnighted:
I'm not sure what's wrong with it, although if you click in the search box that shows up it eventually takes you there. Anyway, I'll try and see if my link will work.
Works for me this way
Edit:
Ending (>" Perhaps rather than concentrating on athletics, it should behave like
the other eight colonial schools, none a big-time athletic power, and
concentrate on using the prestige derived from its colonial heritage to
build academic prowess – invest in book learning instead of ball
throwing."

Well, what a pleasant piece. OK, what is this ass hats agenda against RU?? To pick out one university seems strange.
mad0026.r191677.gif

Originally posted by MADHAT1:

Originally posted by BeKnighted:
I'm not sure what's wrong with it, although if you click in the search box that shows up it eventually takes you there. Anyway, I'll try and see if my link will work.
Works for me this way
Edit:
Ending (>" Perhaps rather than concentrating on athletics, it should behave like the other eight colonial schools, none a big-time athletic power, and concentrate on using the prestige derived from its colonial heritage to build academic prowess - invest in book learning instead of ball throwing."

ADVERTISEMENT