ADVERTISEMENT

Only 2 of the top 20 - we have to do better

yesrutgers01

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2008
Only 2 of the top 20 threads have anything to do with Rutgers football...

I know! It's the off season folks - that's way too many threads about football. Can someone start a "Best Pizza Joint in NJ" thread?

and now you made it 1 of the top 20.

congrats! were almost getting there thanks to your hard efforts.

Yes, I need 10 more threads about the latest JG tweet.

Did you see? Did you see? He doesn't like calculus.

It's March. There is literally nothing to talk about with regards to RU football. Pro day is over, drafts is weeks away, spring practice hasn't started, recruiting is in a dead period, and again it's March.

I mean...this is a recruiting website, is it not. If JG recruiting discussion turns you I don't really know how to help you. It's like flipping through a Hustler and complaining that there is tits and ass.

Originally posted by KingHigh:
I mean...this is a recruiting website, is it not. If JG recruiting discussion turns you I don't really know how to help you. It's like flipping through a Hustler and complaining that there is tits and ass.
It certainly doesn't bother me, and I read them all.

I'm just pointing out that in this time there is almost nothing else Rutgers Football related to talk about - so it makes sense that the threads are either all OT or about what a teenage recruit might be brain farting into the internet.

I would not be interested in reading his thoughts on calculus on this board but I'm definitely interested in his comments about what colleges he is interested in.

I'm with you yesru. This board is about RU FOOTBALL, football, recruits, coaching, RU university and anything remotely connected to the Rutgers football family. The OT domination of this message board, even in the off season, is suffocating. Please take your OT threads to the Current events board. Heck, I would welcome discussion of the RU basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis or women's diving teams before these OT threads. Come on admins: Clean this sh*t up.

GO RU

Originally posted by NoLondonBroil:
Yes, I need 10 more threads about the latest JG tweet.

Did you see? Did you see? He doesn't like calculus.
Bingo. Many of the OT threads are a hell of a lot more interesting than the daily musings of a 17 year old. KInd of sad if you're reading that stuff to fill up your day.

Join premium - probably more of what you're looking for during these dark times.

they have entire websites dedicated to lawn care. You should check it out.

Am I the only one seeing OP's veiled reference to a certain poster no longer with us?

Originally posted by ClassOf02:
Am I the only one seeing OP's veiled reference to a certain poster no longer with us?
No. That is EXACTLY what that means.
Could have swore this was a post by ****.

Funny.

This post was edited on 3/14 10:27 AM by RUonBrain

class- too funny...actually it wasn't the intent but I can see the reference point...

There is actually plenty to talk about. There are quite a few of us that do and can talk Rutgers football all day with new information, new opinion, yes, sometimes even talk about how tired we are of some things that have to do with recruiting. Rivals just put up Jon Pollock's spotlight, that is something to discuss. John and the mods are now even starting Rutgers football discussion threads because it seems no one else is.

And yes, I realize my thread added to the OT's and truth be told, I do like many of the OT's and think in some cases, they are great when we can help out of fellow fans. But it has gotten to the point where I don't see anyone talking football at all.

I put up 3 Rutgers Football threads this morning, all have views with no replies.

I put up a post earlier this week about a ticket on the NJ Turnpike, and it got a lot of action.

Folks are more interested in other stuff this time of year?

I'm just pointing out that in this time there is almost nothing else Rutgers Football related to talk about - so it makes sense that the threads are either all OT or about what a teenage recruit might be brain farting into the internet.

your posting style reminds me of someone, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
lurk.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Exit117:

your posting style reminds me of someone, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
lurk.r191677.gif
Seriously?

I mean, it's not like it's a secret or anything.

We need to eliminate these threads about football, damnit!

I think we need to replace John O and get someone who can recruit better posters
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Only really like the OT's outside of spring practice and the season. Can't be assed to follow recruiting day-to-day. Nothing more pointless than that. Sorry OP.

We already follow one of the worst basketball programs in the country and one of the historically worst football programs in the country (thank god that's changed). Fans need a month to recoup before calling for the head of the QB and coach again.

Actually, that's a good idea for the next football-related thread. Let's predict thread titles that will happen the week of October 3rd, which would be our bye week after Norfolk State/WSU/PSU/Kansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT