ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 4 - star FSU qb caught on video slugging girl

I've read some of Skinny's posts in the past, and thought that here is a poor guy who's been screwed over by an unfair system. And then I read his posts in this thread, and wonder if the system got it right. He obviously doesn't get it.

Take the girl out of it. Let's say the same thing happened between DJ and the guy that was standing on the other side of the girl. There is still no excuse for DJ to throw the punch he threw. He throws that punch at a guy, he still gets arrested.

You can't be serious. She was no threat to a 19 year-old Division I athlete. If you don't like the girl's conduct, then walk away. He has no grounds from a "legal perspective" unless he claims racial epithets were used as provocation. And I haven't heard any such claims.

Sorry with all of this Feminist politics going on they can't have it both ways - either we're equal or we're not. Now I won't ever hit a lady but this was no lady - I'd still try not to but there is a situation where a woman can be hit back. Welcome to the 'Modern' world.

One other thing - gender aside. Don't commit violence against someone bigger than you - it likely won't go the way you expect.

And...right on cue...Johnson's now claiming that she called him the "N" word. Because racism.

I'm sorry, are people serious when then say she is getting a pass because she is a female? Or she hit him first so it was self defense? I mean you can't see what happened prior to the video but she gave verbal warning before she even raised a fist. Then he grabbed her arms as she raises her fist. I mean wth are you doing grabbing her arms? Back the hell off.

I've read some of Skinny's posts in the past, and thought that here is a poor guy who's been screwed over by an unfair system. And then I read his posts in this thread, and wonder if the system got it right. He obviously doesn't get it.

Take the girl out of it. Let's say the same thing happened between DJ and the guy that was standing on the other side of the girl. There is still no excuse for DJ to throw the punch he threw. He throws that punch at a guy, he still gets arrested.
Warning- wall of text!
Upstream, you are absolutely right I have been screwed over by "the system" in my divorce. In fact, very few years ago I would have been making arguments against DJ. I have a first hand education on how the system actually works and men are at a huge disadvantage. After all modern feminist thought says that we are all violent prone batterers and the system is stacked against us. Women today have a free pass to make all sorts of allegations from violence, rape, domestic abuse, terroristic threats, harassment and a laundry list more of actions they can use to prosecute mostly men. Even if the man is entirely innocent and later is proven so, his life has been disrupted, he may have lost employment just based on the allegations, He will likely be out thousands of dollars in fines and fees, even if he is proven innocent. Once it gets out that he has only been accused of something, it is very hard to shake that label. If the woman makes it up and later it is proven she made it up, there will likely be no consequences at all to her. I could post hundreds of articles supporting the above statement. So yes the system is absolutely stacked against men for no good reason.
Now focusing on the DJ video, if he went up and cold cocked her then yes he deserves everything he is going to get. If she just mouthed off to him and then he hit her same, but that is not what happened even without the audio it is clear she raised her fist at him first. DJ then tries to restrain the hand that is in a very aggressive postion. In fact, one of the big arguments with the ray rice situation was that he did not try to restrain her before he struck her. Now we have this situation where DJ is restraining her threatening position and he is still getting crap. The woman then throws a punch which connected with his cheek/chin area. Despite Kinghighs assessment that the punch "wouldn't hurt a fly", I saw on the video it connected. Only then did DJ strike back. That woman in the video made the aggressive moves first on all accounts. She raised her fist as though she were going to strike DJ, She then did strike DJ first with her other hand. He responded. Unfortunately only one of them is going to pay a heavy price and that is the injustice of this whole episode.

Some people are equal, except some are more equal than others.

Warning- wall of text!
Upstream, you are absolutely right I have been screwed over by "the system" in my divorce. In fact, very few years ago I would have been making arguments against DJ. I have a first hand education on how the system actually works and men are at a huge disadvantage. After all modern feminist thought says that we are all violent prone batterers and the system is stacked against us. Women today have a free pass to make all sorts of allegations from violence, rape, domestic abuse, terroristic threats, harassment and a laundry list more of actions they can use to prosecute mostly men. Even if the man is entirely innocent and later is proven so, his life has been disrupted, he may have lost employment just based on the allegations, He will likely be out thousands of dollars in fines and fees, even if he is proven innocent. Once it gets out that he has only been accused of something, it is very hard to shake that label. If the woman makes it up and later it is proven she made it up, there will likely be no consequences at all to her. I could post hundreds of articles supporting the above statement. So yes the system is absolutely stacked against men for no good reason.
Now focusing on the DJ video, if he went up and cold cocked her then yes he deserves everything he is going to get. If she just mouthed off to him and then he hit her same, but that is not what happened even without the audio it is clear she raised her fist at him first. DJ then tries to restrain the hand that is in a very aggressive postion. In fact, one of the big arguments with the ray rice situation was that he did not try to restrain her before he struck her. Now we have this situation where DJ is restraining her threatening position and he is still getting crap. The woman then throws a punch which connected with his cheek/chin area. Despite Kinghighs assessment that the punch "wouldn't hurt a fly", I saw on the video it connected. Only then did DJ strike back. That woman in the video made the aggressive moves first on all accounts. She raised her fist as though she were going to strike DJ, She then did strike DJ first with her other hand. He responded. Unfortunately only one of them is going to pay a heavy price and that is the injustice of this whole episode.

Some people are equal, except some are more equal than others.

Skinny -- Obviously I have zero idea what happened through your divorce. I can certainly understand how someone can be bitter if they are screwed over in an unfair system.

Nonetheless, my take on the video is that the amount of force that DJ used was excessive for the situation he was in. And it has nothing to do with her being a girl. As I mentioned before, if you replace the girl with a guy in the same situation, DJ still gets arrested.

Skinny -- Obviously I have zero idea what happened through your divorce. I can certainly understand how someone can be bitter if they are screwed over in an unfair system.

Nonetheless, my take on the video is that the amount of force that DJ used was excessive for the situation he was in. And it has nothing to do with her being a girl. As I mentioned before, if you replace the girl with a guy in the same situation, DJ still gets arrested.
Upstream, If it was a guy this would not even make it to the local paper let alone being national news. The sad fact is there is a double standard when it comes to violence and women who commit it. As I have said, men should not go around hitting women or even assaulting them. But the same holds true for women. I know if I were in the shoes of that girl I would not escalate by raising a fist to a guy the size of a division I quarterback. In fact I would find every reason to de escalate that situation. Whats done is done and DJ is going to pay a very heavy price(legally, his reputation, already cost him his ride . The female however will likely suffer no consequences at all. As RUscrew85 said so well "either we're equal or we're not."

De'Andre Johnson's idiotic actions will hopefully lead to a full set of consequences (not holding my breath, though). Generally, there is no excuse for a man to hit a woman unless to disarm someone threatening with a deadly weapon. However, that doesn't give the latter carte blanche to go around hitting people. I'll just leave this link here to illustrate my point.

Honestly in that case, that girl (meaning the one on the subway in video) deserved to get hit.

After watching the video again, I believe this kid deserves to get punished.

However, she is no victim. She hit him first. At some point, it is just wrong for one person to hit another person unless it is self defense. You can't really say that is the case here.

Both people were wrong, and that should be the message.

Based on the video, Johnson rudely bumped into the woman and pinned her momentarily against the bar so that he can selfishly create a space for himself at the bar. Once Johnson cleared space for himself at the bar, it appeared that he wanted no further involvement with the woman. The woman then reacted aggressively towards Johnson because she didn't appreciate being jostled and pinned by him. She raised her fist at him in a threatening manner and then eventually slapped at him with her fist. Johnson reacted by punching the woman solidly in the face. It appeared to me that Johnson used way more force and violence than he should have under the circumstances. However. the woman was wrong in confronting Johnson aggressively after being jostled. Bottom line: both parties were at fault. However, I feel that Johnson was more at fault based on the fact that he initially rudely jostled and pinned the woman, and the degree of force he used which resulted in injuries to the woman.

I disagree with this. First, although DJ may have been too aggressive initially, her reaction was to immediately show a fist. He grabbed the arm with the fist and then she hit him. if a guy did the same thing, he threw the first punch and getting hit back should come as no surprise. The fact that this was a girl (who may as well have been a bit drunk) should not be a point of difference. This should not be considered as me believing guys should be hitting women, but if the women ramps the altercation into a physical one, I find it difficult to just say, "well, it was a girl".
Now, what is the legal drinking age in Florida? Was he drinking too? If so, he may well have given up some legal standing there.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
I know, right? It's getting to the point where a guy has to carry a portable EMP device to kill the cameras before he can walk into a bar and start beating on women. What's the world coming to?

I think you missed my point, the point is that FSU's HC couldn't care less, but the video forced his hand. For examples, see the countless other FSU players who have gotten in trouble but were allowed to play anyway.

I guess grabbing her by the throat and trying to push her out of the way doesn't count as initiating the assualt?

Did that video show him grabbing her by the throat? I must have missed that part. I'll have to watch it again.

I saw her hand go up in a fist, he grabbed the arm, she threw a punch and he returned the punch.

If it's me, I don't return the punch, I laugh at her and walk away.....but, it looks like he had the right to do so. Even a weak punch by a girl with nails can result in a finger to the eye and possible damage.

Last edited:
I think you missed my point, the point is that FSU's HC couldn't care less, but the video forced his hand. For examples, see the countless other FSU players who have gotten in trouble but were allowed to play anyway.

No, no. I understood and agreed with your point. Was just trying (and apparently failing) to be funny. Sorry.

I don't see much difference between the two incidents.
Except that the woman in the NYC subway car clearly initiated physical contact where there previously was none, as opposed to the Florida bar where it looks like they pushed into each other, then things escalated tit-for-tat when he grabbed her hand.
People can verbally argue/scream all day and even make perceived threatening hand gestures at each other, but once someone is physically hit then all bets are usually off. Men should not hit women, but should also be able to defend themselves fully from physical attack/harm by others. IMO, the video I linked is at or close to that breaking point.

Today I learned that getting shoved out of a bar seat and having a football player punch a girl in the face is a-okay if the girl did something in-between those two actions. #SmashTheMatriarchy

That type of jostling to get served happens in every crowded bar. He clearly bumped her away to get to the open spot at the bar. She never lost her spot at the bar. A bar with drunk youngsters is more likely to escalate.....but, she was the one that raised a fist and he grabbed it.....then it escalated again with the first punch.

Last edited:
Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
there is a subtle little move by DJ that is being missed. As he pushed as close to the bar as he could, you can see him grabbing at the bar itself to force a stronger wedge against the girl. This kid was the aggressor from start to finish. And even with the girl raising the fist, did it really look all that threatening?
At that point apologize for being a dirtbag and maybe defuse it by asking if she would mind if you got a drink. Or even don't apologize and step away.

Today I learned that getting shoved out of a bar seat and having a football player punch a girl in the face is a-okay if the girl did something in-between those two actions. #SmashTheMatriarchy

Great summary lol

I hear you but..... Regardless... Men should not hit women... Period...

Except that the woman in the NYC subway car clearly initiated physical contact where there previously was none, as opposed to the Florida bar where it looks like they pushed into each other, then things escalated tit-for-tat when he grabbed her hand.
People can verbally argue/scream all day and even make perceived threatening hand gestures at each other, but once someone is physically hit then all bets are usually off. Men should not hit women, but should also be able to defend themselves fully from physical attack/harm by others. IMO, the video I linked is at or close to that breaking point.

Reactions: LC-88

I generally agree. But not always. I know some women who could take apart most men without breaking a sweat. You won't find them starting fights in bars, though.

You are correct, she hit him first but she will exercise her pussy pass and get nothing as the "victim". Some women feel that it is ok to throw the first punch, make false allegations, cry rape because there are no consequences to them doing so. Ray Rice was physically assaulted three times by janay Rice before he had enough abuse. We know the result, Rice's career is dead and Janay Rice was held up by the media as a victim of DV. I guess justice in some way was served to her as she ended her husbands promising football career. Money is spent quick when living large.

I really hope that RR gets another chance and in my mind, he has paid the price. However, what video were you watching?

Sounds like a girl pinched you in the 2nd grade and you haven't gotten over it.

At first I thought he was just bitter because of a bad divorce, but I'm beginning to wonder if that divorce wasn't actuated by serial abuse of his wife. Dude's a scary misogynist that should probably STFU forever, at least on this topic.

Drinking at a bar at 19? Isn't that underage drinking, another misdemeanor? He probably feels entitled to go drinking, hit women, and do whatever he wants because he is an athlete, and figures he can get a free pass on anything short of murder.

Hopefully he learns his lesson.

Did that video show him grabbing her by the throat? I must have missed that part. I'll have to watch it again.

I saw her hand go up in a fist, he grabbed the arm, she threw a punch and he returned the punch.

If it's me, I don't return the punch, I laugh at her and walk away.....but, it looks like he had the right to do so. Even a weak punch by a girl with nails can result in a finger to the eye and possible damage.

For a guy that constantly plays the race card, you come across like a real sexist dope. Between "he had the right to [all out punch that girl in the face]" and "I don't care about the US women's team that just won the World Cup in amazing fashion, but hey! look at hot boobies!" you've outed yourself. I suggest you don't fall back on self victimization anymore, ever.

I agree with that sentiment, and hopefully will never, ever be forced to do so. But next time you have a group of women attacking you in a confined space like a moving subway car (god forbid with a knife, or other weapon), let me know what other outlet there is besides personal bodily harm.

Can't help but point out the hypocrisy of some of you. When it was Ray Ray your tune changed. RUsSKii, agreed if there's a knife etc, not in a bar or an elevator. If your life isn't in jeopardy refer to RUckusbuck, NEVER hit a woman.

I agree with that sentiment, and hopefully will never, ever be forced to do so. But next time you have a group of women attacking you in a confined space like a moving subway car (god forbid with a knife, or other weapon), let me know what other outlet there is besides personal bodily harm.

Without question the caveat would be a threat from a knife, gun, or imminent danger to children or the elderly.

ADVERTISEMENT