ADVERTISEMENT

OT- American Pharoah to race @Monmouth Park, Haskell

That's huge news!! (Awesome great news that it looks like Pharoah will also race in the Travers Stakes too)

Talk about hot tickets for both race days...

Travers Stakes at Saratoga:

Quick look at Stubhub tonight shows Clubhouse Tickets for $275-$400...with best Grandstand tix going for $250-$275.

Some General Admission Tix available for $50-$55.

EDIT for Friday: Some Clubhouse sections like F are now $450-$900 each

http://www.stubhub.com/travers-stakes-tickets-146th-travers-stakes-8-29-2015/event/9295872/

For the Haskell:

Some Mezzanine Seats are going for $250 - $300 plus....best seats sections going for $400- $500 each.

Edit for Friday: Prices for many Box Seats in Clubhouse and Mezz are now $450-$850 each.
http://www.stubhub.com/haskell-invitational-tickets-haskell-invitational-8-2-2015/event/9321691/

Last edited:
I just bought tickets out here in Del Mar for the TVG Pacific Classic next month, which he is rumored to be running as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Not a chance I would run that horse again... Not sure there's enough insurance policy to cover if something tragic occurs. Would it be worth the risk to run Pharoah again???

I always buy tickets for the Haskell. Now that American Pharoah is coming it's going to make a fun day that much better. A question for White Bus. Since this is called the Haskell Inventational do potential entries need to be invited? Would Firing Line's owners need an invite? I've heard through unsubstantiated rumors they like the 1 1/8 mile distance. Thanks.

I spoke to one of the owners of a triple crown race winner tonight. He said he really admires Pharaoh's owner for doing what's best for horse racing in general and Jersey racing in particular..

Reactions: RU31trap
Not a chance I would run that horse again... Not sure there's enough insurance policy to cover if something tragic occurs. Would it be worth the risk to run Pharoah again???

Huh?

American Pharoah is already now insured for close to $30 Million.

His stud fees have already been sold close to or even more than that amount.

AP's owner loves the sport...and knows the importance of letting others see him race...especially since the stud fees and insurance is already covered.

Basically zero risk.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
I always buy tickets for the Haskell. Now that American Pharoah is coming it's going to make a fun day that much better. A question for White Bus. Since this is called the Haskell Inventational do potential entries need to be invited? Would Firing Line's owners need an invite? I've heard through unsubstantiated rumors they like the 1 1/8 mile distance. Thanks.

Yes, they must be invited but it's not a super selective list. Firing Line got an invitation.

I understand AP's ownership is considering replacing jockey Victor Espinoza with Carli Lloyd for the Haskell. Want to make this a Jersey thing.

ADVERTISEMENT