ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone else get bored while watching fireworks

Blitz8RUCrazy

Heisman Winner
Jan 24, 2012
I went to a fireworks show today and was bored after 10min. I had to fight the urge to pull out my phone and start surfing the web. They really should make these things more interesting instead of the same old stuff.

When I lived in Australia (15yrs ago) they used fireworks to narrate stories across the sky (in picture format obviously). They should do something similar here with the revolutionary war stuff. So much untapped entertainment potential... Most shows here are like watching an Arnold Schwarzenegger film. Just explosion after boring explosion.

I love fireworks but know what you mean. When I was a kid we used to go see them in Morris Plains and they did a similiar thing, it was very entertaining. Not sure if they still have them there. I usually find myself waiting for the grand finale.

I went to a fireworks show today and was bored after 10min. I had to fight the urge to pull out my phone and start surfing the web. They really should make these things more interesting instead of the same old stuff.

When I lived in Australia (15yrs ago) they used fireworks to narrate stories across the sky (in picture format obviously). They should do something similar here with the revolutionary war stuff. So much untapped entertainment potential... Most shows here are like watching an Arnold Schwarzenegger film. Just explosion after boring explosion.

NO !!! I love fireworks displays - never bored by a good one

Sat on the beach last night and watched Manasquan's fireworks, and then Point Pleasant's right after it. Longest fireworks show I have ever seen. At one point I did start to wonder if it was ever going to end, but I still love fireworks displays. And it was a beautiful night on the beach.

This should be the 1 and only question on an ADHD test. If a bunch of loud noises and bright colors can't keep your attention nothing will. That said I get board after about 60 seconds.

Arrive with the mentality of an 8 year old and you will never get bored
This is true. I always enjoy them and except for the big ones like NYC etc you do see the same stuff as most towns cant afford the newest and greatest ones.

The best show i ever saw in person on July 4th was when we went out to see Harper's Ferry NHP in WV(also by luck happened to be the parks 50th year in the NP system) camping in our motor home and stayed at a private campground next to the entrance to the park which sits above the town, That night the show lasted for about an hour, it was set to music that was broadcast on the parks radio info station so all of us at the campground had our radios set to as we watched . The way they shot them from down in the town , it looked like they were coming right at and exploding right in front of us at eye level. The amount of shells they lit off had to rival NY's and the variety was amazing. still wish we had a camera back then to capture it as nothing will ever compare for me

I somewhat get bored--working for a team that does fireworks shows every week will do that to you unfortunately.

Working for the Somerset Patriots, I've gotten a little jaded. They have fireworks so often that I don't even watch them any more. Their show is great, but I've seen it so many times that I get a little bored these days.

I love firework displays. I never get bored of them. However, the middle part is a big tease for the finale unless it is a very good show that is basically a finale the whole time. Usually the show starts with a short finale and have single shots in the middle. The single shot period can get a little boring. I love the show to end with all reports, the kind that you feel and hear echo. They can be heard for miles and miles away.

The beauty of fireworks in today's world is they silence everything out. Enjoy those moments when time stands still, it doesn't happen too often anymore.

Reactions: RUJohnny
I know what you mean, it can get a little repetitive. But the JC fireworks today by Grucci were awesome. Not run of the mill, so I didn't get bored. The grand finale was spectacular.

Best fireworks; were indoors in our apartment while at rutgers. Lab goggles on and fire away with the two inch bottle rockets. The would richochet everywhere, and were never boring.. Looking back wtf were we thinking?

Working for the Somerset Patriots, I've gotten a little jaded. They have fireworks so often that I don't even watch them any more. Their show is great, but I've seen it so many times that I get a little bored these days.

Small world, I work for the Riversharks--you guys going up to the ASG this week?

IMO, fireworks are best when combined with something else, like a football game or fair. Otherwise, you spend an hour or two waiting for them to start and another hour or two in traffic, all for half an hour of fireworks.

I'm lucky to live up on a bench where I can watch multiple towns plus illegal backyard fireworks from my front window while keeping my drink fresh. Then, when I get bored, can close the blinds and do something else. Usually fireworks going from sundown till midnight on the 4th and scattered throughout the rest of the month.

Agree with the OP that there's plenty of room to do something different and more interesting... Coordinate with music, on ground pyrotechnics, lasers, etc. That said, in small towns with small budgets, fireworks are a cool once/twice a year tradition.

ADVERTISEMENT