ADVERTISEMENT

OT anyone ever been to a Diamondbacks game?

vkj91

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 7, 2007
How is the area around the stadium? Lots of bars andresteraunts?

Never been to game, but have been around the area quite a bit as we fly in an out of Phoenix several times a year.

There is a light rail line that will take you right to the stadium from the airport. Matt's Big Breakfast, about a mile from Chase Field is a must if you are in for breakfast. I need to get to Alice Cooperstown.

Area is very safe.

It's hot there right now, but it's a dry heat so don't worry.

Here now and family will remain for the next 30 days. Was looking to hit the game Sunday and then find a bar/restaurant to watch women's game.

I would give Alice Cooperstown a try if you want to stay near the stadium. Reviews are generally decent, but some bad reviews online If you want something quieter, Hula's Modern Tiki in Scottsale has a bar with TVs, and the restaurant is open to the bar. Decent place. Plus you must go to the Sugar Bowl right around the corner and let your kids have the baseball winner parfait.

Since you are there for 30 days, definitely check out:

1. Phoenix Botanical Garden--awesome
2. Arizona Museum of Mining and Minerals
3. Hall of Flame Museum--it's a firefighting museum--I'm a volunteer firefighter, so it was cool to me.

If you can, take a drive up to Sedona ,AZ.
Besides seeing the red rocks around that town visiting the Chapel of the Holy Cross is an experience in itself
because of its architecture.
The night sky there , right after the sun goes down , is a great sight in itself if you can stay l;ong enough to see it before heading back to Phoenix.
Lots of attractions to make visiting there worthwhile..
It's around a 2 hour drive from Phoenix to Sedona , if you're interested in going there on a day trip during your stay

What Madhat1 said. We have a vacation home in Sedona. Take a hike around Bell Rock or up to the top of Cathedral Rock. Better yet, on a hot summer day, go 5 miles past uptown on 89A to Slide Rock State Park--natural waterslide carved out by Oak Creek. You must get there early if you do this on a weekend. The water is cool and refreshing, unlike the swimming pools that get overheated in the Arizona heat. If you head to Sedona, I can give more recommendations on restaurants and attractions.

I went last year. There was a great bar that had a good atmosphere, many tvs, etc. right to the left of the home plate entrance to the stadium. Out of all the stadiums I've been to that was hands down the most disinterested crowd. Maybe it's different now I think they are a bit better this year.

I went last year. There was a great bar that had a good atmosphere, many tvs, etc. right to the left of the home plate entrance to the stadium. Out of all the stadiums I've been to that was hands down the most disinterested crowd. Maybe it's different now I think they are a bit better this year.
I'm not expecting a great atmosphere on a Sunday afternoon just a few innings with the kids. Tickets on stubhub are like 11$

I was there for a game approximately 8 years ago. There was nothing in the way of bars / restaurants around the stadium. We spent some time in Scottsdale which was nice but the area near the stadium was pretty dead. The stadium was nice.

Didn't we play one of of bowl games there?? If so, then I was there and the bar a quarter mile down the road leading to home play area was fantastic...it was where we had R pre game party. I forget the name.

While in Phoenix you should hike up Camelback mountain. It's about a one hour hike and the view of the city is terrific. I saw a rattlesnake on the side of the trail.

I'm not expecting a great atmosphere on a Sunday afternoon just a few innings with the kids. Tickets on stubhub are like 11$
Yea the tickets I got from a scalper were great, like $20 bucks for the front row first base line. Great concessions too.

I was there years ago when it was still called Bank One Ballpark, or "The BOB". Big attraction was watching the roof open before the game as this was a unique structure for ballparks back then. This was in the month of April and it was still hitting the upper 90s duirng the day. There is a TGIF located in the left field bleachers. You can buy a ticket and munch on TGIF food and drinks all game - or at least that was the deal some 15 years ago.

Also didn't see this mentioned and when it was in Scottsdale I took any visitor from out of state to Rawhide.
Since you have your family with you and if no one told you about Rawhide, here's a link to a place the whole family might enjoy.
Rawhide Western Town & Steakhouse
http://www.rawhide.com/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT