ADVERTISEMENT

OT: CBS cuts Simms and Boomer from "NFL Today"

Are these shows popular? I don't think I watch more than a minute of them on most days.

Wonder how a McCourty would do?
I'm not as anti-Tiki as I used to be.
When it comes to football he's actually pretty good
His segment on what makes for good returners (no big pecs !..form a drop cage with arms) was pretty memorable

agreed.. I care more about the college game and College Gameday and Fox's and BTN's versions anyway... though those shows have the same issues.

When Tico suggests "David Shaw, Tiki Barber, Tony Dungy, Tony Gonzalez".. none of them are better than Boomer and, like people complain about Simms and others. There's so much crap built into these shows are teh hosts all that useful anyway? Some crap get built in FOR the hosts.. "You Got Mossed!" for example. Garbage. Pat McAfee.. garbage segments.. funny thing is I have seen him make good commentary in spots from time to time... so how much of it is him and producers building a "brand" around him instead of producing a show that adds value and knowledge while entertaining at a higher level than a side-show geeks at a circus?
I thought of the most conservative (boring) analysts I could think of to make my point. And yes I hate all the JACKED UP… YOU GOT MOSSED… and all that other Gus Johnson garbage. Although I do like McAffee in WWE but that’s another point.

I would be ok if the show talks about ball like how who does what when or whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT