ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ed Budde dead at 83

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
The 14 year Chiefs' left guard was a first team member of the ALL-AFL Team,playing in Super Bowls I and IV,outplaying the NFL DT's opposing him including Canton enshrined Viking Alan Page.He did this because,or inspite of,putting down his left hand on his stance.He was the first offensive lineman to be named Player of the Week by the AP.
The MSU grad and his son Brad of USC became the only father and son to be first round picks by the same team.
Sadly,there is nary a mention of his passing in the Kansas City Star with most of their writers being dispatched to covering Taylor Swift and her current paramour.

Reactions: mr_wizard_65
The 14 year Chiefs' left guard was a first team member of the ALL-AFL Team,playing in Super Bowls I and IV,outplaying the NFL DT's opposing him including Canton enshrined Viking Alan Page.He did this because,or inspite of,putting down his left hand on his stance.He was the first offensive lineman to be named Player of the Week by the AP.
The MSU grad and his son Brad of USC became the only father and son to be first round picks by the same team.
Sadly,there is nary a mention of his passing in the Kansas City Star with most of their writers being dispatched to covering Taylor Swift and her current paramour.
The name rang a bell and then I thought of the son who I watched growing up. I didn't know about his dad.

RIP Mr Budde
you Bobby Bell and Buck Buchanan made the Chief's 1963 draft a big success

RIP Mr Budde
you Bobby Bell and Buck Buchanan made the Chief's 1963 draft a big success
What’s interesting is that the OP mentioned that there was barely a mention in the KC news about this. With all the success of Mahomes and Kelce it’s sad that the teams/players who established the foundation there are somewhat forgotten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT