ADVERTISEMENT

OT.Flipping between Yanks and Mets TV broadcasts,Wow,

RUfinally2008

All American
Aug 20, 2005
Michael Kay sucks doing a game,and what's with that background humming noise on their broadcast. I can't stand it! The Mets TV team is 1000% better than the Stankees,wow.:):eek:

42393e4ad9b3bd49f63076c6bdec8de5.jpg

42393e4ad9b3bd49f63076c6bdec8de5.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I always love the Yankee fan's response.So how many were YOU around or old enough to remember and enjoy?o_O I'm guessing your around 62, since 1975 in your signature must be the year you graduated Rutgers, and were around for a lot of shitty Yankee seasons.Maybe you remember 5 WS where I remember 2 Met WS Championships. Don't throw out 27 when you weren't even a twinkle in your father's eyes yet:p

Dumb response. The point was the BROADCAST. I have a hard time watching Yankee broadcasts because the broadcasters are boring. That was the point of the original post. Not how many rings the Yankees have.

I always love the Yankee fan's response.So how many were YOU around or old enough to remember and enjoy?o_O

I feel sorry for any Mets fan younger than 28 years old 'cause they've never experienced a World Series Championship and have no reason to crow about the two the Metsies won before they were a twinkle in their daddy's eye.
Mets fans never can get over their envy of the 27-time Champion Bronx Bombers.

Dumb response. The point was the BROADCAST. I have a hard time watching Yankee broadcasts because the broadcasters are boring. That was the point of the original post. Not how many rings the Yankees have.

If that was only his intent he wouldn't have thrown in Stankees :).

Guess you didn't read the whole post.

Hernandez is hard to listen too so lets not get too crazy here. Sterling might be the single worse announcer ever but for most of the past 20 years the Yankees were winning 90+ games every year and those of you who were listen to Mets games had to have a good announcer because the product on the field was pretty bad.

Guess you didn't read the whole post.
Sure did. He said the TV TEAM is better than the Stankees. TV TEAM. Not baseball team. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM.

Probably not up for debate either. Cohen, Keef and Darling are top notch as a TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM.

Sheesh.

Don't mean no harm, just trying out some of the features on the new format, and since we were on the topic of the Stankees,well you know.

Sure did. He said the TV TEAM is better than the Stankees. TV TEAM. Not baseball team. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM.

Probably not up for debate either. Cohen, Keef and Darling are top notch as a TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM. TV TEAM.

Sheesh.

I'm sorry, you lose any semblance of serious discussion when you say something childish like "stankees" or "mutts". So kinda foolish to defend the guy on the merits of staying on topic.

Anyway, Yankees rotate a bunch of people around Kay, and Leiter is not A team material.

Yankees' TV team is much better than the radio team. I actually like Suzyn Waldman, but Sterling makes me want to throw things at the radio. (I happened to be listening when Jeter got his 3,000th hit, and Sterling almost ruined it with his canned list of Jeter's accomplishments.) Howie Rose is so much better than him it's not funny.

By the way, I listen to a lot of games on SiriusXM from around the country, and it's amazing how bad some of the radio broadcast teams are.

I always love the Yankee fan's response.So how many were YOU around or old enough to remember and enjoy?o_O

I feel sorry for any Mets fan younger than 28 years old 'cause they've never experienced a World Series Championship and have no reason to crow about the two the Metsies won before they were a twinkle in their daddy's eye.
Mets fans never can get over their envy of the 27-time Champion Bronx Bombers.

There's no envy by me and I don't think the OP has any either. The reality is both your television and radio announcing teams are horrific. And damn near every Yankee fan I know personally, agrees with this. And most of them also agree that the Gary Cohen - Ron Darling - Keith Hernandez triumvirate is highly entertaining and knowledgeable.

See I feel that way about Mets broadcasts haha

The Yankee fan response is always the same as the lame Cuse fans ......all those wins so long ago when most of us weren't born.

The Yanks last won a World Series in 2009....the Metsies in 1986.
So anyone older than 5 has witnessed a Yanks championship and anyone 28 or younger doesn't know what it's like to celebrate a Mets one...or two..

Last edited:
Thankfully I don't worry about the broadcast of either the Mets or Yankee games since I've not watched an inning of ML:B this century.I find it funny with a few guys at the gym talking about the 8 or 9 game Mets winning streak. They just don't realize that they still have 140 games to play. I asked one guy how many games he'll attend this year and he said none. But he's a 'BIG' fan. Apparently he spends his days watching SportsCenter and listening to sports radio before he settles in for the game of the night on his TV. Not for me. I'd rather spend my time reading all the great posts on all these message boards. :eek:

Reactions: RUChoppin
Thankfully I don't worry about the broadcast of either the Mets or Yankee games since I've not watched an inning of ML:B this century.I find it funny with a few guys at the gym talking about the 8 or 9 game Mets winning streak. They just don't realize that they still have 140 games to play. I asked one guy how many games he'll attend this year and he said none. But he's a 'BIG' fan. Apparently he spends his days watching SportsCenter and listening to sports radio before he settles in for the game of the night on his TV. Not for me. I'd rather spend my time reading all the great posts on all these message boards. :eek:

Really trying to figure out why would would post in a baseball thread about how much you don't care about baseball. As if anyone else GAF.

"Yes is actually pretty good except for Kay. Cone is fsntastic."

I don't like Kay....agree on Cone....and O'Neill is a fun listen

Really trying to figure out why would would post in a baseball thread about how much you don't care about baseball. As if anyone else GAF.
I'm sorry. I thought this thread was about the Broadcast of Baseball games. Maybe I should have commented about all the great broadcasters like Mel Allen, Ralph Kiner, Phil Rizzuto, Red Barber, Lindsey Nelson, Bob Murphy etc that I listened to for many years before I lost interest in a game where, after 162 games, there still had to be a playoff with teams who did not win the most games in the league. :p:D

"Yes is actually pretty good except for Kay. Cone is fsntastic."

I don't like Kay....agree on Cone....and O'Neill is a fun listen

Agree, the best case scenario is Cone and O'Neill together. They make the broadcast far more fun. Not all former players are great announcers, but it definitely increases your chances of being worth listening to, especially when you have an elite playing history.

As a Yankee fan, I don't know much about the Mets broadcasters, but I will say this- Michael Kay, John Sterling, and Susan Waldman are all tired acts. O'Neill, Flaherty, Cone, Leiter and Singleton are all great, but the others have gotten to the point where they are too in love with the sound of their own voices. Kay is the worst, by far, but Sterling and Waldman have become caricatures at this point.

I always love the Yankee fan's response.So how many were YOU around or old enough to remember and enjoy?o_O I'm guessing your around 62, since 1975 in your signature must be the year you graduated Rutgers, and were around for a lot of shitty Yankee seasons.Maybe you remember 5 WS where I remember 2 Met WS Championships. Don't throw out 27 when you weren't even a twinkle in your father's eyes yet:p[/QUOTE]

Exit - I hope you did not attend RU because then I would be very disappointed in your basic math skills and just plain saddened by your sports history knowledge.

If you assumed this poster was a 62 year old life-long yankee fan then he most likely remembers 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000(who could forget that drubbing) and 2009. That would be 9 brother. It is also very possible he fell in love with the yankees when he was very young and remembers 1958 too - making it 10 World Series wins in his short life. You are dumber than your post.

I always love the Yankee fan's response.So how many were YOU around or old enough to remember and enjoy?o_O I'm guessing your around 62, since 1975 in your signature must be the year you graduated Rutgers, and were around for a lot of shitty Yankee seasons.Maybe you remember 5 WS where I remember 2 Met WS Championships. Don't throw out 27 when you weren't even a twinkle in your father's eyes yet:p

Exit - I hope you did not attend RU because then I would be very disappointed in your basic math skills and just plain saddened by your sports history knowledge.

If you assumed this poster was a 62 year old life-long yankee fan then he most likely remembers 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000(who could forget that drubbing) and 2009. That would be 9 brother. It is also very possible he fell in love with the yankees when he was very young and remembers 1958 too - making it 10 World Series wins in his short life. You are dumber than your post.[/QUOTE]

Thanks ! I am 62, and grew up in NYC (East New York , Brooklyn) until Jr HS. I was lucky to have an older brother who took me to Yankee Stadium OFTEN from about 1960 on until I was old enough to go myself.. We would have our mother make sandwiches, and we would take 3 subways all the way from ENY , Brooklyn, to 161 St Bronx, and get there very early to get autographs. My brother was one of the best CYO pitchers in NYC at that time (later on for Hackettstown) ,and I was their batboy for St Rita"s when I wasn't playing LL myself ( I was a catcher from 8 years old to 18) and loved Yogi and Ellie Howard.
Yeah, I was at Yankee Stadium about 10 times a years , EVERY Year, from about 1960 to present. I've been to the latter World Series, not the early ones in the early 60s. Sandy Koufax and Bob Gibson broke my heart in the early years, literally cried as a little kid. I just let that silly poster above write his drivel make a fool of himself.

Does the Yankee world series win in 2000 come with an asterisk for pitching 3 games with a pitcher on steroids? If this was the Olympics the Yankees would be giving back their rings

Does the Yankee world series win in 2000 come with an asterisk for pitching 3 games with a pitcher on steroids? If this was the Olympics the Yankees would be giving back their rings

Yeah and so would a lot of other MLB teams. Mets pitching certainly hasn't been immune; the Mets just never win anything.

Perhaps the Mets should asterisk their National League championship that year for having a catcher on steroids.

The real problem with being a Yankee fan and TV is that every series against the Red Sox and Mets has to have a Sunday night game. For once can I watch the Yankees/Red Sox or Mets on a Sunday afternoon??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT