ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Flood to be honored at Embrace Kids Foundation on 11/12/15 at the Pines Manor

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
A good friend of mine, who is also a long-time RU football and hoops season ticket holder, asked me to post this on the board (he doesn't post). He's a supporter of the Embrace Kids Foundation and says it's a great organization and is hoping to help raise awareness of the fundraiser, especially among RU football fans, given that Flood will be this year's honoree, as he's been very active with this particular charity, which helps kids with cancer and blood disorders My friend is one of the nicest people you could ever meet, always doing things for others, so when he says a group is worth supporting, I listen. Here's the event description/link - I hope a few of you might consider signing up. I can also say I've been to a few events at the Pines Manor and they do a really nice job with the food and events in general - I remember, fondly, attending an Eric LeGrand fundraiser there a few years back.

Event Description
Embrace Kids Foundation is hosting our annual dinner and auction event "An Evening for the Kids" on November 12, 2015. The event is being held at the Pines Manor in Edison, NJ. This year, the honoree is Rutgers Head football coach, Kyle Flood. Flood is entering his fourth season as the head football coach at Rutgers and 11th overall with the Scarlet Knights. In the 145- year history of Rutgers Football, Flood holds the distinctions of being the only to lead the program to three bowl appearances in his first three seasons at the helm. Off the field, Flood has made an impact in community service. He has served the past three years as the honorary coach of the New Jersey Special Olympics, serves on the honorary board of directors for Lauren's First and Goal Foundation and has taken an active role with volunteering with Embrace Kids Foundation

There will be an extended 2 hour cocktail and dinner period, with even more time for passed hors d'oevres and additional serving stations such as seafood, carving stations, and pasta stations. An Evening for the Kids raises funds with a general, silent, live and special auction at the event. The program will include a fantastic musical performance from our child patients.

Event Details
Date: November 12, 2015 - Thursday
Time: 6:00 PM Extended cocktail hour, dinner and auction browsing
8:00 PM Program Begins
Attire: Business/Cocktail

Event Cost and Journal Advertising
$150 per Person

$1,250 for a Table of Ten

$500 - Quarter Page (3.5" x 4.75")

$700 - Half Page (horizontal 7.5" x 4.75")

$1,000 - Full Page (6.75" x 9.5")

$1,500 - Silver Sponsor (6.75" x 9.5")

- Silver page in Journal
- 2 seats at event

$2,500 - Gold Sponsor (6.75" x 9.5")
- Gold page in Journal
- Recognition and 2 seats at event

$5,000 - Diamond Sponsor (6.75" x 9.5")
- Full color page in Journal
- Table of 10 and recognition at event

http://embracekids.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=711

That seems to be a great organization. That is the group that I donated tickets and snack money to through a breast cancer group that had blocks of tickets. It was something Nuts was part of. Anyway, the lady who was my contact at Embrace was easy and great to work with. Made the whole thing turn into a fun event for some of the children and their parents.

Embrace Kids is the charity that Brian Leonard's Rally at the Alley and the Dance Marathon events benefit.

ADVERTISEMENT