ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Holiday weekend shore restaurants...

PeteGiam07

All Conference
Aug 29, 2007
I waited way too long to make a reservation, but was looking for something in the shore area no further south than point pleasant for dinner Sunday night for 2. Prob don't want to be seated later than 10pm Any suggestions?

Is Moonstruck in Asbury Park worthless to even try out, even if showing up at 8:30/9pm? They don't do reservations and I'm assuming between 6-9 pm would be at least an hour wait or more.

I am a local and I avoid restaurants like the plague on holiday weekends. Grill is fired up and ready to go. Hope to catch some fish for grilling/cooking at home.

I personally hate Moonstruck, but I know it is popular. A personal favorite is a small restaurant in Atlantic Highlands called Cristina's. Italian fare, but it is a bit crowded in the dining room.

I like Brando's in Asbury Park. Cross and Orange in Asbury Park has great reviews.

A quick open table search shows a ton of restaurants in the area with openings during that time frame. You could look there to see what's available, then narrow it down.

A quick open table search shows a ton of restaurants in the area with openings during that time frame. You could look there to see what's available, then narrow it down.

Yea, that's what I've been doing. Was thinking Cross and Orange too. It has mixed reviews, but it's probably due to them just recently opening up.

Don't rule out Red Bank. Lots of great restaurants there too. Check out reviews on Trip Advisor. Or you could go to David Burke's Fromagerie in Rumson. Or the Salt Creek Grill in Rumson. They may be less busy, since they are a bit inland.

do you make reservations by phone or use something like opentable.com? I hardly go to any restaurants not on opentable these days. My favorite app.

Agreed with the Knight Shift re: Christina's in Atlantic Highlands. But its easy to crowd a dining room when its that small. Place has tons of charm and the owner is real nice, i think he used to be a bond broker or trader I can't remember because he kept giving us sambuca. It's weird every restaurant that has been in that little spot has been successful...Copper Canyon (now across the street @ Blue Bay Inn and another solid spot)...Than Gianna's they moved to some place bigger and then went out of biz. Then Ama, they are now @ Driftwood Beachclub.

Also a huge Fromagerie fan. But last time we were there (for burger night, which in itself is awesome) overheard the waiter saying that the Chef (Phil Definna) has left. But he is still listed on the website. Salt Creek also a nice atmosphere right on the Navesink.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT