ADVERTISEMENT

OT: If it's called Taylor Ham, why doesn't it say "Taylor Ham" anywhere on the label

What do you call Pork Roll?

• Pork Roll

• I don't know how to read

Results are only viewable after voting.
FanuSanu living up to his rep in this thread. I always thought his umm.. lack of logical and rational thought.. was shtick.. but to have it extend into the realm of Taylor Ham vs Pork Roll... hmmmmmm

And GOR living up to his rep of yapping and attacking without actually addressing anything specifically. What exactly was illogical? My facts and opinions were simple enough for even you CE chowderheads to follow.

My point was really that declaring a right or wrong is foolish; say it however you prefer, both are recognized, and therefore, correct. Or would you like to argue that language does not evolve, is not colloquial and must be black and white. That's the obvious counter to the "lack of logical" point I left off on, so grow a set and argue it if that's what you intend.

Reactions: vm7118
MADHAT1 said:
If you think there is a place known as Central Jersey,then these are its official greeters:
It serve Pork Roll as part of the imaginary experience one gets in the land of the delusional
Someone has to tell mycentraljersey.com to change their URL, I guess...

I agree [thumb2]

I asked 10 of my friends and people I know and they all call it Taylor ham. It is what it is.
And I was told to look at menus in North Jersey and I would see that all call it Taylor Ham. FAIL. Maybe 15% of those that post a menu online call it Taylor Ham. So much for that bold statement. Crash and burn.

And I was told to look at menus in North Jersey and I would see that all call it Taylor Ham. FAIL. Maybe 15% of those that post a menu online call it Taylor Ham. So much for that bold statement. Crash and burn.
Rising up from the ashes :
Taylor Ham Mail Order Menu - Trenton, NJ
>Ah, Taylor Ham. That delicious “not quite bacon, not quite sausage” breakfast meat that seemingly powers the entire state of New Jersey. Walk into any NJ deli and at the top of the menu will be a Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese sandwich on a hard (aka round) roll. Count on it. New Jerseyans sure have been since John Taylor first produced the stuff in Trenton in the 19th century<
https://www.goldbely.com/taylor-ham

Rising up from the ashes :
Taylor Ham Mail Order Menu - Trenton, NJ
>Ah, Taylor Ham. That delicious “not quite bacon, not quite sausage” breakfast meat that seemingly powers the entire state of New Jersey. Walk into any NJ deli and at the top of the menu will be a Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese sandwich on a hard (aka round) roll. Count on it. New Jerseyans sure have been since John Taylor first produced the stuff in Trenton in the 19th century<
https://www.goldbely.com/taylor-ham
Again just a less than 1/3rd of the so called Taylor Ham powerhouse you clowns claim

Not usually known for calling out people for lying.... but you know the rest...

So I just did a google search of assorted North Jersey towns and to be fair even focused more heavily on towns that were closer to the center of the state . I went to the first establishment that I could find in each of the towns I searched that had an online menu.... and the amount of places that called it Taylor Ham was not even close to 15% as some people claim. It was more like 11 out of 12 places called it Taylor Ham. And I did not even include several places from further North that all called it Taylor ham. Now if you would like me to believe someone really looked up online menus of North Jersey institutions and found only 15% calling it taylor ham I would like to see a list of those places. The list below are the 11 of 12 I found that all called it taylor ham. The lone Pork Roll was the last one on the list (Rock Deli in Bridgewater) I dont mind arguing with facts but when people fabricate information,, well again you know the rest...Crash and Burn ??

Kenilworth diner - Kenilworth

Piggies - Hackettstown

Central resteraunt -Newark

Fairmount country store – Chatham

Denville Bagels – Denville

Nassy's Waffle House – Plainfield

Bagel Plus and café - Belleville

Brookside diner – Whippany

Bill’s luncheonette – Chester

A&B Bagel & Deli - Andover

BAGEL Chateau _ Westfield

Rock Deli - Bridgewater LONE PORK ROLL Reference

Last edited:
Not usually known for calling out people for lying.... but you know the rest...

So I just did a google search of assorted North Jersey towns and to be fair even focused more heavily on towns that were closer to the center of the state . I went to the first establishment that I could find in each town I searched that had an online menu.... and the amount of places that called it Taylor Ham was not even close to 15% as some people claim. It was more like 11 out of 12 places called it Taylor Ham. Now if you would like me to believe someone really looked up online menus of North Jersey institutions and found only 15% calling it taylor ham I would like to see a list of those places. The list below are the 11 of 12 I found that all called it taylor ham. The lone Pork Roll was the last one on the list (Rock Deli in Bridgewater) I dont mind arguing with facts but when people fabricate information,, well again you know the rest...Crash and Burn ??

Kenilworth diner - Kenilworth

Piggies - Hackettstown

Central resteraunt -Newark

Fairmount country store – Chatham

Denville Bagels – Denville

Nassy's Waffle House – Plainfield

Bagel Plus and café - Belleville

Brookside diner – Whippany

Bill’s luncheonette – Chester

A&B Bagel & Deli - Andover

BAGEL Chateau _ Westfield

Rock Deli - Bridgewater LONE PORK ROLL Reference
Oh god. Please stop. You link less then 1% of all deli s in North Jersey. You clowns are so defensive of something so stupid. Pork Roll is king in NJ. It's ok to call it Taylor Ham but please stop saying all of North NJ calls it that.

Oh god. Please stop. You link less then 1% of all deli s in North Jersey. You clowns are so defensive of something so stupid. Pork Roll is king in NJ. It's ok to call it Taylor Ham but please stop saying all of North NJ calls it that.

So tell me what online menus gave you a figure of 15%????? These places I listed were honestly the first locations in each town I searched that I was able to find an online menu posted and those were the results. Maybe it was a statistical anamoly since my sample size was so smalll..... however... I tend to think a larger sample size will bear out similar results.

If you care to back up your claim of 15% with names and locations I will gladly believe you

uhhhh Crash and Burn ??

Last edited:

It may be King in the demographically challenged part of the state... but the bottom line is that the majority of the NJ population lives in the regions that call it Taylor ham... and therefore the majority of New Jerseyans call it by it's original given name.

ShortBus, seriously, STFU. You've repeatedly contradicted yourself, dismissed every piece of legitimate evidence disagreeing with your opinion, provided no actual counter evidence outside of some allusion to a Web search, and stubbornly stuck to the indefensible position that only your side of the argument is correct. You look like a blathering fool.

All of North Jersey Calls it Taylor Ham

Its Pork Roll at The System (in CENTRAL [the real] New Jersey) - so anyone that says otherwise is delusional.

The rest of you Guidos can take your IROC-Z's back north, and Pineys take your lifted F-250s back south where you belong.

Reactions: Upstream
Highland Park is North Jersey.

Also, I never understood the point of getting legitimately mad at this. I mean, ironic banter is fine and dandy, but WhiteBus is taking this too far.

ShortBus, seriously, STFU. You've repeatedly contradicted yourself, dismissed every piece of legitimate evidence disagreeing with your opinion, provided no actual counter evidence outside of some allusion to a Web search, and stubbornly stuck to the indefensible position that only your side of the argument is correct. You look like a blathering fool.
What evidence? God. TAYLOR PROVISION CALLS IT PORK ROLL. You clowns are so defensive of your complete Bullship. We have one idiot posting 10 menus in the most populates area in NJ and I can link 10x that who call it Pork Roll.
Give it break. Call it what you want but stop the stupid nonsense. What ever you order it's still Pork Roll. Enjoy it but stop calling people out for calling it pork roll. We are in the majority.

What evidence? God. TAYLOR PROVISION CALLS IT PORK ROLL. You clowns are so defensive of your complete Bullship. We have one idiot posting 10 menus in the most populates area in NJ and I can link 10x that who call it Pork Roll.
Give it break. Call it what you want but stop the stupid nonsense. What ever you order it's still Pork Roll. Enjoy it but stop calling people out for calling it pork roll. We are in the majority.

Oh... I thought this post was going to provide the list showing where you fabricated (er I mean "found" ) that 15% percent of North Jersey establishments call it Taylor Ham. I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow. Since you brought up the "Bullship" term... I think I now know where, and to whom it can most appropriately be applied.

Last edited:
cerditos2520riendoJAJAJAJAJA-1.gif

Oh... I thought this post was going to provide the list showing where you fabricated (er I mean "found" ) that 15% percent of North Jersey establishments call it Taylor Ham. I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow. Since you brought up the "Bullship" term... I think I now know where, and to whom it can most appropriately be applied.
Post a thousand menus with the term TAYLOR Ham and I will post the other 9009

Prove me wrong. You cant. As FanuSanu52 has posted STFU.

Bus , you make a statement and refuse to back it up.:thumbsdown:
But we all know far more fine dinning establishments have Taylor Ham on their menu than put the cheap imitation pork roll in it.
Don't try to prove me wrong, because you know I'm right and I don't have to prove what I claim .
Just take it as a fact and live with it. :D

I mean, I live near where most of it is made and we call it pork roll. Then again, I see it as a regional thing. Just like subs/hoagies/grinders, soda/pop/Coke, etc. No need to get so bent out of shape over regional dialects and names.

Bus , you make a statement and refuse to back it up.:thumbsdown:
But we all know far more fine dinning establishments have Taylor Ham on their menu than put the cheap imitation pork roll in it.
Don't try to prove me wrong, because you know I'm right and I don't have to prove what I claim .
Just take it as a fact and live with it. :D
Jeeze this is where your reading comprehension skills are lower than a first grader. My word where did I ever say or even imply that delis were using "imitation" pork roll. They use Taylor Pork Roll. And not most of them list it as "Taylor Ham" . Don't even respond. Your stupidity makes it impossible to have an intelligent conversation!

The Bullship gets deeper and deeper....

Why should someone have to prove you wrong. I would assume you already have the information you need and should be happy to prove me wrong !! Otherwise, why would you have posted such a specific number and continued to argue for it's validity. Even if your sample size is very small, it would be interesting to see what 85% of resteraunts in North Jersey refer to it as something other than Taylor Ham.

All you need to do is post where you got that 15% figure from or the BS meter will forever be pegged to the right. And I figure your list must contain at least about 15 to 20 sample online menus... since anything smaller would be difficult to come up with a number as specifc as 15%.

Anxiously awaiting your reply !!

Jeeze this is where your reading comprehension skills are lower than a first grader. My word where did I ever say or even imply that delis were using "imitation" pork roll. They use Taylor Pork Roll. And not most of them list it as "Taylor Ham" . Don't even respond. Your stupidity makes it impossible to have an intelligent conversation!

When challenged : nitpick on wording to make what was said in jest look like it was serious.
Then start the insults , because you don't have a valid comeback and act like the injured party trying to gain sympathy.
People like you can't have a meaningful conversation because when the discussion isn't going your way, you resort to
insulting because you can't validate what you claim.
Yes your refusing to back op your 15% claim and demand someone prove you wrong , instead of being willing to supply the proof you were asked for, shows you aren't willing to engage in an honest discussion .
Hint: petty insults don't make your point, only shows you are on the wrong side of the issue.

By the way: They call it Pork Roll in Happy Valley :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey guys. Lighten up.

This is supposed to be a lighthearted, fun thread. No one really cares what you call it (well, except the FDA and USDA care what you put on the package).

If you want to call it pork roll, fine. That is the official name of the product. If you want to call it Taylor Ham or Taylor Bacon or Notch Meat or Pacman Sausage, that's fine too.

Personally, I agree with the poster above that commented that "pork roll" doesn't exactly generate appealing images of what it contains. They'd probably sell a lot more out of state if it were called Jersey Sausage or Trenton Bologna. (I actually think it should be renamed Trenton Bologna, which would be a good name for the meat, plus it provides an apt description of Trenton's other primary business.)

" Hey guys. Lighten up.
This is supposed to be a lighthearted, fun thread. No one really cares what you call it (well, except the FDA and USDA care what you put on the package)."
Agree and admit I pushed the envelope a bit too far.
My apologies to those who just wanted to have some fun discussing the Pork Roll/Taylor Ham issue and just enjoy the back and forth chatter
over a meaningless ( but humorous) issue.
I started out in a light mood having fun, but that mood started turning darker and darker as thread continued ..
Won't blame anyone but myself. I made the choice to reply and what to say in those replies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT