ADVERTISEMENT

OT, interesting NIU "non-transfer"

he was a commit here, you dont remember?

Yes, he seems to have happy feet, as did Thomas, hence my comment. I think Deion over estimated his market when he left. He claimed to have more offers than any recruit in the 14 class. I wish him the best though.

KALAMAZOO, MI -- Northern Illinois cornerback Deion Hallmon announced on Twitter Thursday he is transferring to Western Michigan.

The 5-foot-11, 175-pound redshirt freshman will most likely have to sit out a season due to NCAA transfer rules and will then have three seasons to play with the Broncos beginning in 2016.

Transferring to Western Michigan #GoBroncos #RTB @HustleBelt @WMU_Football @FA_WMich

— Deion Hallmon♠️† (@deion_hallmon) April 30, 2015

Hallmon, a Weston, Fla. native, was a three-star player coming out of high school and had 41 offers from FBS schools according to 247sports.com, including Notre Dame, Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Nebraska and Florida State.

I know I said this last year too, but how can anyone take this list seriously and not question the kid going to NIU?

Sounds like a flaky head case. And the rest of the story is just weird too.

I remember the name and yeah, I don't know how anyone could honestly believe he had these dozens of offers...looks like we lucked out with his decommitment though. It looks like he overplayed his hand pretty badly and also has a case of the 'lookatmeeees'.

Joe P.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT