ADVERTISEMENT

OT - JERSEY Mikes

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
Watching the Yankees/LA game. Big outfield ad for Jersey Mikes. California has more Jersey Mikes locations than any other state but its amazing they have the advertising $ for something like that.
As a Point Beach alum very proud to see Pete's gang doing so well.

Give me a good old fashioned Italian Deli any day , lol. Favorites - Belgiovines in Montclair, Esposito's in Cedar Grove, A& S Pork store in West Paterson.

Jersey Mikes had to have received significant venture capital. They are absolutely blowing up, with locations opening up all over the place.

Reactions: HeyHuey
Give me a good old fashioned Italian Deli any day , lol. Favorites - Belgiovines in Montclair, Esposito's in Cedar Grove, A& S Pork store in West Paterson.

Try Faiccos on Bleeker street in the Village, Meat market and deli, was on Triple D with Guy, their sandwiches are outstanding. The italian special is a classic.

As a Jersey guy living out of state, I was hoping that Jersey Mike's would be the real deal. Though they are better than Subway, like the rest of the chain sub shops, they suck. My local corner deli is 10x better.

Reactions: 1stand3rd
They are definitely a step up from the big chains. I've also noticed locations of Jimmy Johns and Firehouse Subs making inroads into Jersey, but I think Mike's is better than both of those.

My favorite Italian sub atm is from Carnival Spot in Pompton Plains!!

Jersey Mikes had to have received significant venture capital. They are absolutely blowing up, with locations opening up all over the place.
I've been to Jersey Mike's in Rhode Island....30th Street Station in Philly and others...but never in Jersey so far.

I've been to Jersey Mike's in Rhode Island....30th Street Station in Philly and others...but never in Jersey so far.
W

My wife did a lot of the marketing for Jersey Mikes a couple of years ago as she's a point pleasant girl. Great operation they have.

I heard the Hillsborough Deli was supposed to be good, but that may be of another topic....
BTW - Firehouse Subs is THE worst of the chains mentioned so far.

Jersey Mike's is very good when it comes to charitable donations.

Watching the Yankees/LA game. Big outfield ad for Jersey Mikes. California has more Jersey Mikes locations than any other state but its amazing they have the advertising $ for something like that.
As a Point Beach alum very proud to see Pete's gang doing so well.

What do they have now, 700 or more locations? Mr. Cancro has come a long way. I would guess his marketing budget is pretty hefty.

We used to go to the original location whan I was in high school. Hard to believe where things went from there.

Fresco's in Metuchen is my local favorite and Bella Gina's in Linden is my favorite near work - especially their daily Italian lunch buffet, which is unbelievable for only $11 (always a great selection of home-made Italian favorites, like chicken parm, sausage and peppers, antipasto, linguini with clam sauce, manicotti marinara, plus great salad, pasta salad, bread, etc.).

ADVERTISEMENT