ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Killing Cecil the Lion

Dat dar Taliban is some gooooooood eatin'

Well they are fighting for their freedom of way of life. So that is also understandable. We did the same in the revolutionary war against the british. That would go under the self defense category.

Last edited:
Dat dar Taliban is some gooooooood eatin'

Cannibals! I am pretty sure military force counts as self-defense though. As do mosquitos...

Hm...

If we are what we eat, and we only kill what we plan to eat, and we kill enemy combatants, then, if we apply the you are what you eat principle, does it not follow that are we are our own worst enemy?

Always wondered where that saying came from. Now I know.

I have a simple rule, other than self defense, only kill what you plan to eat.

I agree. Killing for pure fun (if you're not going to use the meat, corpse etc for some other productive purpose) just reaffirms that you are a ****ed up psychopathic bastard. I will NEVER understand people that think it is ok to kill for fun, whether it be deer, ducks, bears, lions, humans whatever.

Reactions: OldTownPepe
I agree. Killing for pure fun (if you're not going to use the meat, corpse etc for some other productive purpose) just reaffirms that you are a ****ed up psychopathic bastard. I will NEVER understand people that think it is ok to kill for fun, whether it be deer, ducks, bears, lions, humans whatever.
So... it's okay if a necrophiliac kills someone? I mean, that would be a productive purpose. Of sorts. [winking]

I'm as Libertarian-minded as one gets but killing for sport (other than for population control like we do with deer/food) is just ridiculous and should not be allowed anywhere in the world.
Then I guess you're not as libertarian minded as you think.

I can't speak to this hunt, but big game hunting raises tons of cash for conservation

Soooo.....what does lion taste like?

Just kidding. Here is why the outrage is there, and I'm 100% behind the outrage: This is just the most majestic, not-causing-you-any trouble-Dr. Dentist, beautiful animal on the planet (that and the incredible leopard he killed). Every time you see him or some other bozo with a dead lion he has shot (and in Dr. Dentist's case, tortured before killing by going after it with an arrow), one's blood boils. Simple as that.

I can be outraged over this lion and still have outrage space left over for other stuff.

And btw, bonus points for Scourge for "Twitter Rage is all the rage...." Excellent language usage, young man!

Soooo.....what does lion taste like?

Just kidding. Here is why the outrage is there, and I'm 100% behind the outrage: This is just the most majestic, not-causing-you-any trouble-Dr. Dentist, beautiful animal on the planet (that and the incredible leopard he killed). Every time you see him or some other bozo with a dead lion he has shot (and in Dr. Dentist's case, tortured before killing by going after it with an arrow), one's blood boils. Simple as that.

I can be outraged over this lion and still have outrage space left over for other stuff.

And btw, bonus points for Scourge for "Twitter Rage is all the rage...." Excellent language usage, young man!

Precisely how I feel.

I'm a gun guy, everybody knows that. But I don't have much interest in hunting, beyond things that are good to eat, and to me stalking (?) a lion is nothing more or less than an opportunity to get a really good picture of it.

I'm not advocating anything more toward this guy than suggesting that he's a complete jackass, but at the same time I can fully understand the desire to lure him out of his office with a free junket to Vegas and a sample bottle of Percocet and putting an arrow through him.

Reactions: mildone
Been to South Africa on photo safaris. There are few things cooler in this world than doing that. Have incredible photos. But to kill what I saw? Why?

Anti-dentite.
MSNBC acting outraged over a lioon being killed yet they dong even cover the dead fetus tidy parts trading of Kate being killed in SF. Amazing. This is nog the American way. Shameful people out there.

Precisely how I feel.

I'm a gun guy, everybody knows that. But I don't have much interest in hunting, beyond things that are good to eat, and to me stalking (?) a lion is nothing more or less than an opportunity to get a really good picture of it.

I'm not advocating anything more toward this guy than suggesting that he's a complete jackass, but at the same time I can fully understand the desire to lure him out of his office with a free junket to Vegas and a sample bottle of Percocet and putting an arrow through him.

I'm more inclined to disarm him, his left and his right, to be specific.

You guys are a trip with the 'outrage'. It's a f***ing animal. I'm sure he didn't try to wing the poor fu**ing thing and let it suffer. If he broke the law so be it, let him face the punishment. If not then all he is guilty of is making a questionable shot.

No one here gives a shit about the PEOPLE who are starving in Zimbabwe. This stupid lion has caused more faux a outrage than the sale of aborted baby parts, the killing of Ms Stinle in San Fran, or the forthcoming nuclearization of the Middle East combined.

I think most of you are just pissed/jealous that this guy had that kind of F U money.

Reactions: vkj91
You guys are a trip with the 'outrage'. It's a f***ing animal. I'm sure he didn't try to wing the poor fu**ing thing and let it suffer. If he broke the law so be it, let him face the punishment. If not then all he is guilty of is making a questionable shot.

No one here gives a shit about the PEOPLE who are starving in Zimbabwe. This stupid lion has caused more faux a outrage than the sale of aborted baby parts, the killing of Ms Stinle in San Fran, or the forthcoming nuclearization of the Middle East combined.

I think most of you are just pissed/jealous that this guy had that kind of F U money.
You're well on the way towards winning the prestigious conclusion jumping award. And you're also in the running for the projecting one's viewpoints onto others you don't even know award.

You're well on the way towards winning the prestigious conclusion jumping award. And you're also in the running for the projecting one's viewpoints onto others you don't even know award.
I'm jumping to conclusions? Talk about a brass set mildew. You don't have anything besides jimmy kimmel's tears in the way of evidence and you all want to literally kill this dude. I mean literally I have read at least 10 posts wishing this guy was dead.

You're like the fools in Baltimore or Ferguson- jumping to conclusions before the facts are known. A bunch or reactionary twits.

I'm jumping to conclusions? Talk about a brass set mildew. You don't have anything besides jimmy kimmel's tears in the way of evidence and you all want to literally kill this dude. I mean literally I have read at least 10 posts wishing this guy was dead.

You're like the fools in Baltimore or Ferguson- jumping to conclusions before the facts are known. A bunch or reactionary twits.
I never watched kimmel's video. A conclusion you leaped to without evidence.

And based on what you just said, you obviously haven't the faintest clue what my take was on either Baltimore or Ferguson. Yet you claim I jumped to conclusions about them. Another failed conclusion on your part.

You also concluded that most of us must be jealous because of the guy's money. Unless you know how much money "most of us" have, how could you possibly know if we'd be jealous or not? Another failed conclusion.

You concluded that none of us care about starving people in Zimbabwe. Really? Have you spoken to everybody here about that? Maybe some here actually donate money to help feed or clothe people in need throughout the world. Maybe some here do volunteer work in soup kitchens. There are a lot of us here; it's a pretty enormous leap to conclude, without actually knowing everybody, that none of us cares about starving people in Zimbabwe or anyplace else.

You seem to think that a person cannot show concern or outrage for more than one thing. Maybe you can hire yourself out as an outrage consultant. Tell us all how to keep our outrage balanced across all the things that most matter to you.

Then I guess you're not as libertarian minded as you think.

I can't speak to this hunt, but big game hunting raises tons of cash for conservation
You have to understand, people of that mindset are all for allowing everyone to do what they want...until someone wants to do something that they disagree with.

Sorry Mr. Piscataway. You're right. I was just faking it. I didn't realize I should only care about the things you care about and not care about f***ing animals. I don't know how you did it, but you read my mind perfectly. Reality is I just don't care about anything or anybody in the world. This little story just got blown up by the media, so I said hey, it might be fun to jump on the bandwagon and feign interest. I'm coming clean - I don't care about f***ing animals; I just want to look fashionable.

Anybody else here use their bereavement days for Cecil?

Anyway, this lion video has really helped me get through these dark days:

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
Sorry Mr. Piscataway. You're right. I was just faking it. I didn't realize I should only care about the things you care about and not care about f***ing animals. I don't know how you did it, but you read my mind perfectly. Reality is I just don't care about anything or anybody in the world. This little story just got blown up by the media, so I said hey, it might be fun to jump on the bandwagon and feign interest. I'm coming clean - I don't care about f***ing animals; I just want to look fashionable.
Piscataway agree with you so idiotic as these morons are outraged about this with their signs and getting Obama involved YET ignore so many really outrageous things going on around them.

Reactions: JQRU91
Can any lawyers speak to the plausibility of extraditing Palmer back to Zimbabwe to face justice ? Zimbabwe has made a request.

Piscataway agree with you so idiotic as these morons are outraged about this with their signs and getting Obama involved YET ignore so many really outrageous things going on around them.

Meanwhile, millions of twits/blind sheep are silent over the recent senseless murder of another US Citizen by an illegal alien who weeks prior to murder was not detained by US Borders & Customs.

promo262469529.jpg

http://kfor.com/2015/07/31/undocumented-immigrant-accused-of-murder-attempted-rape-in-ohio/
An illegal alien from Mexico who was in Ohio, where local police wanted US Border & Customs to hold him back in July 7th but Customs said no...he was then released...and just the other day, he is now being charge for killing a 60 yr old woman in her home (worked as Asst to the City's Mayor for decades), attempted murder of shooting another woman on the walking trail behind said home and an attempted rape of his 14 yr old niece.

Murdered victim Margaret Kostelnik
victim.png

#uscitzenlivesmatter? maybe?

Wake me up when Jimmy Kimmel or millions of hipsters get upset over this woman being murdered by an illegal alien.

Reactions: Knightmoves
The response has indeed been over-the-top, but I still have zero respect for someone with the attitude of this dentist.

IMO in the end, little will change; since I can guarantee he is getting plenty of support behind the scenes from his "slob-hunter" friends. Just like in any activity there is always a minority who give the honest majority a bad name. Real hunters are as upset by this as the Bambi lovers are.

If someone with an obvious political agenda thinks that this view makes me a twit/blind sheep/whatever, I can live with that.

The response has indeed been over-the-top, but I still have zero respect for someone with the attitude of this dentist.

IMO in the end, little will change; since I can guarantee he is getting plenty of support behind the scenes from his "slob-hunter" friends. Just like in any activity there is always a minority who give the honest majority a bad name. Real hunters are as upset by this as the Bambi lovers are.

If someone with an obvious political agenda thinks that this view makes me a twit/blind sheep/whatever, I can live with that.
What is a real hunter? You make it sound like there are these guys who stalk animals for weeks on end, wait for the perfect opportunity then tackle it to the ground and suffocate it with their mouths.

You know what real hunters do? They take of every advantage that modern advancement provides. From long range optics, special odor suppressors, camera traps, tree stands, off road vehicles and even lores and calls to draw animals in.

The outrage over the outrage is humorous. Certainly no one here is surprised that some people don't support hunting. And no one should be surprised that some people who hunt don't support the type of hunting this guy did, since it doesn't fit their justifications of hunting for food or population control.

Add in the fact that what he did is under investigation for being illegal, and that it is an international incident now leading to an extradition case, and no one should be surprised that this is and will continue to be a news item in the US, UK, and Zimbabwe.

So you have a continuing news story about an action that many people find objectionable. Why is anyone surprised that people express their opinions.

And the arguments that people are upset about this but not X is a red herring. Obviously people can be upset about multiple things, and they can easily express opinions about different items at different times. And the fact that someone even brought up X shows that there are people expressing opinions about it.

Why must the usual people derail this thread....no one said anything political and the same people who are doing it to this and multiple other threads are talking about the President, nukes, immigrants etc. This thread is about a lion. If you're so pissed about everything else lord knows there are outlets for it.

What is a "slob-hunter"? (Never heard that term).

I'm sure 99% of all licensed hunters would be upset to hear how this "illegal" hunt was carried out.

Not a big fan of people who hunt exotics, lions, tigers, and bears, oh my...and these guys who say they're doing it for conservation reasons, really?

The outrage over the outrage is humorous. Certainly no one here is surprised that some people don't support hunting. And no one should be surprised that some people who hunt don't support the type of hunting this guy did, since it doesn't fit their justifications of hunting for food or population control.

Add in the fact that what he did is under investigation for being illegal, and that it is an international incident now leading to an extradition case, and no one should be surprised that this is and will continue to be a news item in the US, UK, and Zimbabwe.

So you have a continuing news story about an action that many people find objectionable. Why is anyone surprised that people express their opinions.

And the arguments that people are upset about this but not X is a red herring. Obviously people can be upset about multiple things, and they can easily express opinions about different items at different times. And the fact that someone even brought up X shows that there are people expressing opinions about it.
I get that people are upset about this poor pussy cat. What is troublesome to the sane, remainder of this board is that these same folks who are outraged here have nothing to say about human tragedies. 4 pages about this cat? shite!

Thrill killers of animals are mentally deranged

Totally ignorant statement.

"The Killers of animals" are far more environmentally responsible, through actions AND financial contributions (mainly through hunting and fishing licenses), than the overwhelming majority of people who buy an Access Fund T-shirt but have never stepped foot in the woods.

What is a real hunter? You make it sound like there are these guys who stalk animals for weeks on end, wait for the perfect opportunity then tackle it to the ground and suffocate it with their mouths.

You know what real hunters do? They take of every advantage that modern advancement provides. From long range optics, special odor suppressors, camera traps, tree stands, off road vehicles and even lores and calls to draw animals in.

Your ignorance is impressive. I grew up as a "hayseed". We got the first day of deer season off every year, because only a few people would have showed up for school if they hadn't cancelled.

So I know hunters, and I know what makes them tick. clearly you do not have a clue. You apparently know a few rich hobbyists, and they do not represent the "typical" hunter. You are trying to be a good bulls**ter, but seem to be failing at that too IMO.

Slob hunters are the guys who will go to any extreme just to bag a deer, so they can brag to their friends what a great hunter they are.

Typically hunters sit in a tree stand while a group of their friends "drive" the deer in their direction. Ask any rural hunter. It is not all that complicated.

As an aside, I am proud to have grown up as a "hayseed". I worked my butt off every day of the week, since dairy cattle are not able to take the day off from lactating. It engrained lots of values in me that IMO you could use.

Your ignorance is impressive. I grew up as a "hayseed". We got the first day of deer season off every year, because only a few people would have showed up for school if they hadn't cancelled.

So I know hunters, and I know what makes them tick. clearly you do not have a clue. You apparently know a few rich hobbyists, and they do not represent the "typical" hunter. You are trying to be a good bulls**ter, but seem to be failing at that too IMO.

Slob hunters are the guys who will go to any extreme just to bag a deer, so they can brag to their friends what a great hunter they are.

Typically hunters sit in a tree stand while a group of their friends "drive" the deer in their direction. Ask any rural hunter. It is not all that complicated.

As an aside, I am proud to have grown up as a "hayseed". I worked my butt off every day of the week, since dairy cattle are not able to take the day off from lactating. It engrained lots of values in me that IMO you could use.
Go milk yourself douche.

So let me get this straight you and your friends exploited an animals natural tendencies (avoidance and fleeing) so you didn't have to track and actually hunt?

That seems so much different than exploiting an animal that would rather eat something that is already dead than expend the energy in chasing it down and killing it itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT