ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

Yeah, the Mets are the only team that has lost guys to injuries. Last year the Yankees lost 4 of 5 starters to injuries. I thought the Mets had this great farm system loaded with guys just waiting for a chance to step up. Well ? Just imagine where the Metsies would be if Bartolo "Young Gun" Colon wasn't pulling a miracle performance for them this year.

It's hard to explain how silly and uninformed this is.

Last edited:
They sure scrapped the six man rotation pretty quickly. Whether you thought the idea had merit given the desire to limit innings or not, they certainly did not seem to handle it very well. You don't announce you are going to do it and then scrap before getting through the rotation one time. They need to trade a pitcher yet seem to be diminishing Gee's market value to where they will wind up giving him away just to clear a spot. He close to becoming a malcontent and I am not I blame him.

True. Gee is actually an effective starter when you start him regularly. The biggest problem in the rotation is Niese, who lost his fastball and sharp-breaking curve last year, and they haven't come back. He should have been traded in the off-season but it's possible other teams understood that he had arm issues. I don't care that he's the only lefty. He gets hit harder than just about any starter in the NL. Go with 5 right-handers, including Gee, or promote Matz. But Niese is the week spot.

That said, it won't matter much unless the Mets get healthy enough to improve the line-up, bullpen and use chips for a trade.

24-3 when scoring 4 or more . Trade Gee for pine tar , get an MRI on Niese's shoulder ,if no damage trade him ASAP for batting gloves , call up Matz and let the chips fall where they may. If Matz is called up all 5 starters are must see for Mets fans. Harvey is Harvey, deGrom may be better, Noah tons of potential , Colon's at bats :sunglasses:, and Matz who Backman can't say enough great things about.

Reactions: redking
Is there a guy more demented / uninformed on this thread than KBee?.......dude, get a life and stop your hating.....Idea for you: Start a Let's Go Yankees thread and you can post all day with the fans that have been around for all 27 titles or whatever the hell it is........as I'm sure you've witnessed about 24 of them...

With all the scrubs in the starting lineup, I have to wonder if it is an overall positive re: enthusiasm. We have seen examples of unsung no-name type teams do very very well.

Reactions: ScarletStateofNJ
. . . Trade Gee for pine tar . . . .

I have no understanding on why the Mets would trade Gee now. When's he's pitched regularly, he's effective. He's also a good counter to the other starters who are, for the most part, hard throwers. If the Mets really want to trade him, they should just pitch him. He'll eventually be effective and someone will want him.

I have no idea what to do with Niese. He's not getting any better -- in fact, this weekend's 6 innings and 3 runs is about the best he will ever do -- and the rest of the league knows his velocity issues. Maybe he can surprise as a reliever. But he can't -- and won't -- stay in the rotation all year.

This is too friggin easy.:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Reactions: JMG1MON
Matt Harvey lit up again. Mr. 6-4 with a 3.62 era in the NL isn't doing too well. Perhaps the Mets should send him down for a few starts?

Reactions: superfan01
Matt Harvey lit up again. Mr. 6-4 with a 3.62 era in the NL isn't doing too well. Perhaps the Mets should send him down for a few starts?

Give the Mets some credit. At least they got some hits tonight.
But Matt Koufax sure didn't look like one of the Five Aces vs. the Giants.

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus10
Gotta love the inane Yankee fans who claim that the Mets are irrelevant yet they come here to discuss the latest Mets' game several times a week.

Am I the only one that cringes every time a ground ball is hit to Flores? Yeah he can hit. He is not a shortstop. Move him to 3rd base and put Tejada back at short. Wake up Alderson it's not working.

Horrible loss today and lots of blame to go around:

1. Terry Collins - WHY do you have Robles - who sucks - come into the 9th for the save opportunity. WHY? WHY?....He only as an ERA of about 5 and has 1 save from 2011 in A ball. Torres was better suited to be thrust in the role today.

2. The Ump - That was STRIKE 3 on Freeman....have balls and make the right call..as the game should have ended right there...

3. Flores - DP ball to end the game and he boots it..

4. Eric Campbell - brain fart...WTH are you picking up the bunt going foul...please demote this career minor leaguer and please get Aramis Ramirez..

5. Danny Muno - lord help me....this kid couldn't make my HS BB team....see above.....

Reactions: Newbrunfus
Tonites loss just reinforces how difficult it is to be a lifetime Mets fan. I'm just thankful i wasn't in Vegas and didn't bet on the game because i'd probably would have been arrested for disorderly conduct. Heading to Vegas now and hope there are no gut wrenching losses while i'm there. I'm still gonna be the eternal optimist and put 50 bucks on my Mets to win the NL and 50 more on the World Series always hoping this is the year 29 years since the last World Series Miracle over the Sox. Let's Go Mets!!!!!!!!!

Still in first, with a win today--10 runs, 4 HRs (including one by d'Arnaud). Up next, the Blue Jays, who are on a tear right now. Colon faces Dickey on Thursday.

Big come-from-behind win today! For all their foibles, they are 5 games over .500 and in first place!

Matz on his way to majors in under two weeks. Mets deciding wether or not to put Syndergaard in bullpen. If front office is truly looking to 2016 do they trade Colon ? Gee is gone to the first taker after yesterday , Niese ? cant trade away only lefty until you see Matz pitch 8/10 games. Wheeler is still a question mark for next year.
As of now you have to keep going for it. deGrom pitching twice in a 5 game series gives you a chance to beat anyone. It may might have to be 1-0 2-1 but Jacob is now our best pitcher.

Who is Matz? I thought I was up on all things Mets.
From Saturday's New York Post:
"I’ve talked to a number of people who have seen him and caught him and they’ve been so impressed. They feel like he can possibly have the best stuff on the staff."

ADVERTISEMENT