ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

To quote a text message I was sent 30 minutes ago:

Kelly Johnson and Juan Uribe? I didn't even know those guys were still in the majors.
OK so you get texts from people who don't follow baseball. There is no shame in that. But why do you feel the need to quote them?

No one is saying that this trade is a game changer. But it is a clear upgrade at a very low cost in terms of the prospects they gave up.

OK so you get texts from people who don't follow baseball. There is no shame in that. But why do you feel the need to quote them?

No one is saying that this trade is a game changer. But it is a clear upgrade at a very low cost in terms of the prospects they gave up.

I follow baseball a lot more than you do. As a Mets fan for 30 years, they are small potatoes at best. They aren't even trying anymore, and MLB should have forced the Wilpons to sell the team after Madoff.

Didn't think they had that trade in them; already feel better about this lineup but wasted weeks.

Thanks for proving my point in the A-rod thread. Why don't you give it a rest and stay off this thread?

Geez, here's a hankie...stop your sobbing.
:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Brian - good question.......don't know if you can but I have heard Wheeler's name mentioned - so I guess you can.......

Also hearing Mets trying to package Wheeler; Lagares and Nimmo for Carlos Gomez - who is signed thru the end of next year and lower value for Upton, etc - who would simply be a rental.

IMO, do the above to get either Carlos Gomez or Tulowitski (he scares me due to frequent injuries) as we are weakest up the middle.

Will be nice to see D'arnaud back as well next week....fingers crossed....:)

Clippard-ized! Go all in for a big time bat (sans top 4 pitchers), Wright makes up for that 2006 playoff torture, and folks we may finally pull this off. Oh baby!

PS: I think Cespedes is now a very good play, with this pick-up.

PS2: I still fear Tulo. Too much $$ for his injury history - put him on the Mets and he'd be out in minutes.

PS3: Gomez sounds good to me too.

Isn't that the same Carlos Gomez who once was touted as a Mets' five tool player? Won't be as bad as my favorite Mets' trade of many moons ago............catcher Harry Chiti to the Mets for a player to be named later. That player was none other than Harry Chiti.

So frustrating. I thought Clippard was a great trade before this boneheaded move - now imperative.

Washington lost to Miami. Mets 1 game back in NL East. Don't know why we are getting Yankees updates in the Let's Go Mets thread, but I was told earlier this week that anything goes in this thread because Mets fans deserve it?

No shit. I was just wondering why they did the Clippard deal. Mejia is a loser. Can't throw to the catcher to intentionally walk a batter. Horrible pickoff move. Get rid of him.

Alderson apparently said they pretty much had the Clippard deal done before they knew about Mejia. But, gee, what a knucklehead Mejia is.

Washington lost to Miami. Mets 1 game back in NL East. Don't know why we are getting Yankees updates in the Let's Go Mets thread, but I was told earlier this week that anything goes in this thread because Mets fans deserve it?
Chill Shift just posted so not to start another thread.
I posted nothing derogatory about the Mets

What an idiot Mejia is and shame is the guy has a lot of talent.....

I just hope his buddies - Familia and Colon - are clean.

I understand that Collins asked them both bluntly whether they're clean and they both insisted they are....

No shit. I was just wondering why they did the Clippard deal. Mejia is a loser. Can't throw to the catcher to intentionally walk a batter. Horrible pickoff move. Get rid of him.
Makes no sense to get rid of Mejia now. Mets aren't paying him and he isn't taking up roster space. May as well keep him on the books until he comes off suspension a year from now, and make a decision then based on all the facts and circumstances then.

Chill Shift just posted so not to start another thread.
I posted nothing derogatory about the Mets
We get it - you just wanted to be a troll again, as your post had NOTHING to do with the subject of this thread.

Only one game out of first place, and only 2.5 out of the second wild card spot! This weekend's visit from the Nationals will be interesting. Friday should be Harvey vs Gio Gonzalez; Saturday is deGrom vs Joe Ross; and Sunday is Syndegaard vs Zimmermann. Mets have the better starter on paper in all three games. YA GOTTA BELIEVE!

We get it - you just wanted to be a troll again, as your post had NOTHING to do with the subject of this thread.

Only one game out of first place, and only 2.5 out of the second wild card spot! This weekend's visit from the Nationals will be interesting. Friday should be Harvey vs Gio Gonzalez; Saturday is deGrom vs Joe Ross; and Sunday is Syndegaard vs Zimmermann. Mets have the better starter on paper in all three games. YA GOTTA BELIEVE!
Trolling?? Go back to some of my earlier posts in this thread. Having both Yankees and Mets relevant is very exciting for baseball fans.

Washington is back to full strength with Zimmerman and Werth coming off the DL yesterday. Mets need to get another OF to keep pace. Seems like Carlos Gomez might be the logical fit here.

I think the Mets are looking hard at Puig. He has a very reasonable contract and 5 tools. However, he's a problem in the clubhouse. High risk, high reward trade.

ADVERTISEMENT