ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

No way they trade Herrera as he is the 2B of the future which could be not that far off given Murphy's contract status. Same with Conforto. Reynolds is possible as they have a couple of other SS prospects with Amed Rosario being one.

No way they trade Herrera as he is the 2B of the future which could be not that far off given Murphy's contract status. Same with Conforto. Reynolds is possible as they have a couple of other SS prospects with Amed Rosario being one.
Would you think about trading him for TULO ? I'm not sure I would, if TULO wasn't a injury concern I would have made trade yesterday

Are we sure these actually are the Mets and not, oh, the Cardinals? They had the bases loaded with no outs last night and scored 4 runs. That's what real teams do.

(And, no, don't trade for Tulo.)

Reactions: Rokodesh
Here we go again with possible more bad news....Matt Harvey not in uniform tonight so that his foot can be examined.....Mets deem it to be minor as apparently it's been a lingering issue ...how much you wanna bet he has a broken foot and is out 2 months......The Mets aren't exactly the best of Medical Units.....

Been waiting a long time for a start like this.I like this teams makeup, and leadership.I don't think Terry can F'this up,lol.

(And, no, don't trade for Tulo.)
Depends on the cost. If the Mets can add him by Memorial Day and the team is still playing very well, and the cost is a prospect that is still a few years away, I would do it. Tulo can be worth five wins even if he only plays 90, and that could be enough of a boost to win the NL East.

I saw this when taking a look at Tulo's career numbers. Hysterical! Imagine if he ever batted against Trachsel, who was also a human rain delay:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/what-have-new-pace-rules-meant-for-troy-tulowitzki/

I'm in the forget Tulo camp. If nothing else the Rockies want the moon and then some for him. In the winter it was deGrom and another young pitcher just to start. Any trade that starts with "we give you deGrom" is a non-starter.

They have the pieces even within the current club to put together a trade or two that would improve the club. Some combination of Murphy, Gee and Flores should bring someone who can actually play shortstop. I like Flores well enough but it is painful to watch him in the field. This is a team that is built around solid pitching (and rightly so). You can't afford to to be weak up the middle. No worries in centerfield but short and second you've got candidates for lead gloves. Murph could be a great DH. Must be an AL team that could use him. You're only going to let him go at the end of the year anyway.

All that said tonight they go to tie the club record at 11 straight wins. Should they make it they'll go for 12 in that building they call Yankee Stadium these days. With deGrom on the mound. I could get used to this.

Saw this on Yahoo--is this a good pickup?

Mets acquire catcher Dan Rohlfing from the Twins for cash considerations, according to ESPN.com.

Rohlfing, who was on the Triple-A disabled list with a sprained right ankle, will serve as depth for New York with Travis d'Arnaud going on the DL for at least a month and Anthony Recker dealing with a bone spur in his elbow.

Rohlfing hit .205 with two home runs and 23 RBI in 2014 for Triple-A Rochester.

Down on the farm Herrera and Reynolds are hitting in AAA. Conforto is crushing in A and may be moved to double a soon. They have some great pieces to trade if they want to make a splash at the deadline. Or will they have Reynolds and Herrera at 2B and SS in 2016.

Those aren't the type of trades the Mets make. More likely is that they trade Murphy for pitching and/or youth midseason, given that they have Herrara and maybe even Reynolds as 2B options. Or if d'Arnaud comes back and keeps hitting, but Plawecki hits, you may see d'Arnaud traded for young talent or pitching. This front office will make moves for now but is always looking to stockpile and replenish young talent. They're smart. They won't unload young players to get older players with many years remaining on big contracts. It's now how they do. And I don't think they do it even once they start winning.

They are playing great ball right now. I hate 10+ winning streaks it seems like whenever a team rips off a long streak like that they come back a lose 6 or 7 in a row. Yank fan here hoping they keep riding the wave

Honestly, I don't care at all and I'm a Yanks fan. How Colon, Big Papi , etc escaped much of the media/fan criticism is a lesson in PR strategy.

Best PR strategy of all time is Andy Pettitte. Known juicer gets number retired and can do no wrong?

Last edited:
Saw this on Yahoo--is this a good pickup?

Mets acquire catcher Dan Rohlfing from the Twins for cash considerations, according to ESPN.com.

Rohlfing, who was on the Triple-A disabled list with a sprained right ankle, will serve as depth for New York with Travis d'Arnaud going on the DL for at least a month and Anthony Recker dealing with a bone spur in his elbow.

Rohlfing hit .205 with two home runs and 23 RBI in 2014 for Triple-A Rochester.

That's just for AAA depth since Plawecki got called up

Depends on the cost. If the Mets can add him by Memorial Day and the team is still playing very well, and the cost is a prospect that is still a few years away, I would do it. Tulo can be worth five wins even if he only plays 90, and that could be enough of a boost to win the NL East.

The problem is the price. The Rockies never would part with him for a prospect who isn't close, and more likely would want a current starting pitcher or a package of top prospects. He's just too expensive now.

I'd rather sign R. Soriano for bullpen help, to replace Mejia, then spend money and prospect for Tulo right now.

Mets are playing great and attendance is on the uptick. Hopefully the ownership will spend some money this summer.

Its early but attendance is up 16%. That could be a cool $10 million bucks if its sustained over the year.

They are on a roll. Hopefully it continues for the next 3 although 2 of 3 would be fine by me.

Please, if it's going to be 2 out of 3 let's let deGrom and Harvey really pitch lights out.

I know I'm in a minority with all the Harvey hype (and he's worth it) but deGrom takes a back seat to nobody.

Reactions: 1stand3rd
I know I'm in a minority with all the Harvey hype (and he's worth it) but deGrom takes a back seat to nobody.

Love them both, but personally, I'd pitch deGrom in Game 1 of a playoff series.

Colon's unassisted pickoff today:
LonelyHopefulCormorant.gif

They are playing great ball right now. I hate 10+ winning streaks it seems like whenever a team rips off a long streak like that they come back a lose 6 or 7 in a row. Yank fan here hoping they keep riding the wave
I think this team has a good chance to be one that will be able to avoid long losing streaks because of it's starting pitching.

I'm looking forward to the three game series against the Yanks. Both teams are playing well and if the Mets win the series, it may quiet the media talk that this win streak is a mirage.

LGM!

No one is talking about the Yankees streak but they are on a roll as well.....think they have won 6 of 7 - and all on road - so 2 hot teams......I will be at the Evil Empire Stadium tomorrow rooting my Mets on but I'm nervous about this series.....would have been nice to have Wright and D'Arnaud in lineup for sure.....

This is coming from a lifelong Yankees fan. GO Mets! I'm a lifelong baseball fan. What they are doing is awesome. NY baseball is back. Should be a fun weekend!!

David Wright is eligible to come off the DL on April 30. Nice problem to have.

Maybe it's because it's now been 18 years, but NYY-NYM no longer excites me. Just another interleague series. Bragging rights are earned throughout the year and awarded in October.

On Atlanta sports talk radio yesterday, I heard a host say that Colon looks like a guy that dressed up like a baseball player for Halloween. Good comparison, actually - but you can't argue with the results to this point! Still, it has to be somewhat embarrassing to be picked off by Colon unassisted.

That '86 team had such a deep starting rotation. Hopefully this year's one will have staying power to keep it up all year long.

Please don't ever lose again.

Frankie, Frankie, Frankie......don't you know that, much like RU, we Met fans usually have the bottom drop out after achieving a high....

da pain is right around the corner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT