ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

Frankie, Frankie, Frankie......don't you know that, much like RU, we Met fans usually have the bottom drop out after achieving a high....

da pain is right around the corner.
Imagine life if Mookie struck out in '86

Getting ready for game 2. Let's work on winning series and not worry about another 11 game streak. That wasfun no doubt but things like last night happen.

The Mets are finally playing a varsity team, and of course, losing. Miami and Philly are AA teams at best.

You mean Mr. Career Record 15-10 with already one blown elbow on his resume? Yeah, enjoy that for as long as it lasts. Harvey has "Generation K" written all over him.
Give it a little time. That description may also belong to Tanaka.

It's still early, but something is palpably different this year. Wright goes down, Campbell comes in and lights it up. Meija gone, Familia, comes on on fire. d'Arnaud goes down, Plawecki filling in nicely. This team does not give up.

I won't go so far as saying "take away Tex and..." I mean take away Harvey and...

Anyway the mets have 7 wins out of the last 10 in the boogy down, so that's nice.

Even more importantly the mets are 14-4 (incredible, such a resilient team so far) to start the season and the Nationals still haven't found their sea legs. Build that lead!!

stank_490x294.jpg
Saw somewhere Yankee fans saying you can cancel the Mets Parade through the Canyon Of Heroes after yesterdays loss. Well I don't think anybody was predicting a World Series win just yet, but us Mets fans appreciate the Yankee fans concern,lol.

Congrats to the Mets for beating a AA pitcher today, real big accomplishment. :rolleyes:

Congrats to the Mets for beating a AA pitcher today, real big accomplishment. :rolleyes:

The Yanks are paying that AA pitcher 24 million dollars this year.
He's 0-4 with a 5+ ERA and Michael Kay and Leiter wanna talk about how good he looks.
I'm done with this one.

Funny thing that. Last couple of years Sabathia was Cy Young. Now he's AA. How the mighty have fallen.

The Yankees don't have a varsity team. They'd do well in an old timers' game. They're mostly the right age. You've got a couple great but fragile front end pitchers and a lot of question marks.

As a Met fan for as long as there have been mets I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Met;s are still 4-1/2 up. I have to give the Yankees credit; they are also in first place.

I'll stick my neck out now and deny it October 1 but the Mets will be in the playoffs and the Yankees won't. Unless the Mets go and win the World Series New York won't return to being a Mets town. Maybe nit even if they do. I think for that to happen the Mets would need two or three solid seasons while the Yankees suck. It's possible.

One thing I'll say about the Mets, when they sign players that don't work out, they either eat the contract or trade them for a lot less. The Yankees go crying to the Commissioner trying to void the contract,AKA A-Rod. Glad he was reinstated, so the Yankees couldn't get off the hook for the remainder of his contract.

Matt Harvey, Mets poised to be New York's top team again
http://www.app.com/story/sports/mlb...-plawecki-bartolo-colon-farm-system/26392153/

Nothing can take away the Yankees' vast advantage in championships, but a look at the teams' trajectories suggest the Mets will supersede their rivals as the city's best present-day club by 2016, if not by the end of this season.

Take Friday's starting lineups: Eight of the 10 Mets were homegrown players to one for the Yankees, left fielder Brett Gardner. ESPN's Keith Law ranked the Mets farm system No. 4 and the Yankees prospects No. 20.

The sport is getting younger, a trend the Yankees lineup is ignoring. Their hitters' average age is 32, two years older than any other club and the 22nd consecutive season that average age has been greater than 30. The average age of the Mets' hitters is 29.

Yankees fans can 't give Harvey his due, but A-Rod does:

“Wow,” Rodriguez said of Harvey. “I mean, as good as advertised. No doubt about it.”

“It was fast,” Rodriguez said afterward. “Yeah, that was awesome. I mean, it’s fun to see all these great young pitchers come up . . . actually not that fun. He’s awesome. That’s what baseball’s all about. Give him a lot of credit. He challenged me. (He) threw a 98 mile-per-hour fastball right by me. I tip my cap to him.”
“He’s a horse,” Rodriguez said. “He has four-plus pitches (and) he throws them all for strikes. He has a great demeanor out on the mound. The Mets are in good shape. He’s a cornerstone of that franchise.”

Matt Harvey, Mets poised to be New York's top team again
http://www.app.com/story/sports/mlb...-plawecki-bartolo-colon-farm-system/26392153/

The sport is getting younger, a trend the Yankees lineup is ignoring. Their hitters' average age is 32, two years older than any other club and the 22nd consecutive season that average age has been greater than 30. The average age of the Mets' hitters is 29.

Kinda wondering why you only included the hitters' ages in your "analysis" ?
Anyway, the Mets clearly have a minor league system with more four star prospects than the Yankees. The thing is the Yanks until this past offseason have always shown the willingness to go out and compete for the higher-priced free agents. Hopefully, they'll get back to that at the end of the current season, so we don't have three infield positions manned by minor leaguers and CC Sabathia as the best pinch hitter on the bench next season.
The Mets are the hottest team in baseball right now and clearly have an abundance of quality starting pitching. Mets fans have every reason to be optimistic that this season will be significantly better than the last few. As a Yankees fan I am just happy that my team doesn't look to be as sucky as it did the first week or so of the season. It's a long season. We'll see what these two teams look like in August and September.
And BTW, Harvey is a Yankees fan. Perhaps when his contract is up with the Mets we can get him to switch to the storied pinstripes of the Bronx Bombers like Gooden, Strawberry, and Cone did.

The "Harvey grew up a Yankees fan he'll be a Yankee" argument is old. Like real old. He's a boras client and will go wherever the money is. I'd like to optimistically believe that even the wilponzis wouldn't let the second coming of "the franchise go". Until that happens, shut it with that garbage.It's irrelevant until about 2019, for now he's a Met. Deal with it

That's taken directly from the article, which goes on to say that the Mets' rotation is older, but basically because of Colon, who's expected to be gone next year.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what the Yankees do. A-Rod's productivity is a key factor, since they have that huge contract to pay, and it's going to be a problem if he drops off significantly and they have one more hole to fill.

Anyway, the Mets clearly have a minor league system with more four star prospects than the Yankees. The thing is the Yanks until this past offseason have always shown the willingness to go out and compete for the higher-priced free agents. Hopefully, they'll get back to that at the end of the current season, so we don't have three infield positions manned by minor leaguers and CC Sabathia as the best pinch hitter on the bench next season.
The Mets are the hottest team in baseball right now and clearly have an abundance of quality starting pitching. Mets fans have every reason to be optimistic that this season will be significantly better than the last few. As a Yankees fan I am just happy that my team doesn't look to be as sucky as it did the first week or so of the season. It's a long season. We'll see what these two teams look like in August and September.
And BTW, Harvey is a Yankees fan. Perhaps when his contract is up with the Mets we can get him to switch to the storied pinstripes of the Bronx Bombers like Gooden, Strawberry, and Cone did.
It will be fun having Harvey in his youth, then watch him go to the Yankees for big money and too many years, where he'll fantastically flame out, and the Yankees fans will crap all over him.

It will be fun having Harvey in his youth, then watch him go to the Yankees for big money and too many years, where he'll fantastically flame out, and the Yankees fans will crap all over him.

He'll be 30 when he's eligible for free agency in 2019. Boras will probably be looking for 30+ million for 8-10 years. The Yankees will probably get 3, maybe 4 years of top level pitching. Then they can enjoy a crafty righty for the next 4-6 years.

I hope they do it. For a Mets fan, watching them run on this big contract hamster wheel is awesome.

Another Subway Series, another win for the Yankees. Even when the Mets are "good", they are still the JV team.

Reactions: gmlongo
Its just ridiculous to call the Mets a JV team. but what do you expect from a fanbase that's been spoiled all these years with high payrolls and big time cheaters...

Yankees fans will act like they just won the world series after this. But if the Mets won 2 out of 3 Yankees fans will act like it's no big deal. Pathetic, but whatever.

As for the game, sloppy all around. Too many physical and mental errors by the Mets. They literally gave that one away, and Niese's 2nd inning was just horrible. The Yanks bullpen is definitely nasty, and I had a feeling after Cuddyer hit into that double play against the lefty that it was basically over. anyway, onto Miami at the BETTER of the 2 NY baseball stadiums, Citi Field.

"Its just ridiculous to call the Mets a JV team. but what do you expect from a fanbase that's been spoiled all these years with high payrolls and big time cheaters..."

Actually Yankees fans have been spoiled by WINNING.
27 Championships will do that to a fanbase.
Nothing since 1986 on the other hand just makes a fanbase cranky and jealous.

Is there still a Yankee fan alive who's witnessed all 27 Championships? Can you give me a guy who's seen 20? Can I get a 15? Not on this board,not so much.

What's the difference between a Met hot dog & a Yankee hot dog?
Very rare that you can find a Met hot dog in October.

"Is there still a Yankee fan alive who's witnessed all 27 Championships? Can you give me a guy who's seen 20? Can I get a 15? Not on this board,not so much."

One thing for sure is that only those over 28 years of age have ever seen even one Mets Championship.
And the geezer Mets fans may have seen two. But THAT'S IT.
Now stay out of the Bronx.

ADVERTISEMENT