ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

The Mets win in dramatic fashion. Down 0-1 in the top of the 9th and Murphy hits a 3 run bomb.

Oh, and the game only took 1 hour and 56 minutes!

Lets Go Metsssssss!

Can't wait for Wright and D'Arnaud to come back....as team will be even better as Campbell and Plawecki will add much needed depth to 1b/3b and catcher, respectively.

And Mejia and Blevins as well in the summer for bullpen depth and Wheeler as a front line ace next year...

The Current and Future is pretty pretty good....:)

How many wins do the Mets have vs. teams with winning records ?

How many wins do the Mets have vs. teams with winning records ?
I know it's a trolling question, but I will bite. Of course, everything is skewed right now because the April schedules are filled with divisional opponents. It's like saying that a conference is .500 overall when playing itself.

Mets' record vs their opponents this season.

vs the Marlins: 5-0. The Marlins are 8-12, so they are 8-7 in games vs non-Mets.
vs the Braves: 4-2. The Braves are 10-9 overall, so they are 8-5 in games vs non-Mets.
vs the Nationals: 2-1. The Nationals are 7-13 overall and playing terrible right now.
vs the Phillies: 3-0. The Phillies are 8-12, so 8-9 vs non-Mets.
vs the Yankees: 1-2. Yankees are 12-8, so they are 10-7 vs non-Mets.

Overall, 15-5. Best record in the majors right now.

So they have five wins against teams with winning records right now, and ten wins against teams that have winning records when not playing the Mets. By comparison, the Yankees also have ten wins against teams with winning records when not playing the Yankees.

Holy cow, just noticed this: if the season ended today, AL playoffs:
AL East - Yankees
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - ASTROS??
AL Wild Cards - Royals, Red Sox/Rays (tied)

NL East - Mets
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Dodgers
NL Wild Cards - Cubs, Rockies

Reactions: RCTrooper
I know it's a trolling question, but I will bite. Of course, everything is skewed right now because the April schedules are filled with divisional opponents. It's like saying that a conference is .500 overall when playing itself.

vs the Marlins: 5-0. The Marlins are 8-12, so they are 8-7 in games vs non-Mets.
vs the Braves: 4-2. The Braves are 10-9 overall, so they are 8-5 in games vs non-Mets.
vs the Nationals: 2-1. The Nationals are 7-13 overall and playing terrible right now.

So they have five wins against teams with winning records right now, and ten wins against teams that have winning records when not playing the Mets. By comparison, the Yankees also have ten wins against teams with winning records when not playing the Yankees.

AL East - Yankees
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - ASTROS??

NL East - Mets
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Dodgers
You're better than me. I wouldn't have given that prick the time of day.

And yanks have 4 wins against a lousy Tampa team. Besides Longoria, who can hit on that team? And they were picked for last in every magazine I saw. Miami has more talent.

Last edited:
2013: Mets 4, Yankees 0
2014: Series tied, 2-2
2015: Yankees 2, Mets 1

So it's still 7-4 Mets over the last three seasons.

Nice cherry picking professor. The real data:

NYY - 8 season victories
NYM - 3 season victories
7 ties
And throw in the 2000 WS beat down as victory #9 for the Yanks

Any questions?

Nice cherry picking professor. The real data:

NYY - 8 season victories
NYM - 3 season victories
7 ties
And throw in the 2000 WS beat down as victory #9 for the Yanks

Any questions?
I just look at the standings and see the Mets with the best record in baseball. And yes most of the teams they've played have a losing record, but if the Mets go 4-0 v the Phillies, 5-0 v the Marlins, 4-2 v the Braves, its tough for those teams to have winning records (although the Braves do have a winning record). Mets also took 2 out of 3 from the Nats, who had the highest win expectation in baseball this year.

Reactions: RCTrooper
How many win

AL East - Yankees
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - ASTROS??

NL East - Mets
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Dodgers

O.K.
So the answer to my question is TWO...Atlanta four times and one of three vs. the Bronx Bombers.
Again, I'm aware of why the long-suffering Mets fans have gotten so excited about this season. Everybody knows it's been a long,long time since they have had even the slightest of reasons for getting excited. But the season is 20 games old. It's a marathon. And they don't give out trophies to whoever is leading 1/8th of the way through the race. What's that saying: Act like you've been here before.

How many win

O.K.
So the answer to my question is TWO...Atlanta four times and one of three vs. the Bronx Bombers.
Nice math. Four plus one = two?

It's a stupid question anyway (and shame on me for taking the bait, I know). Let's say the Marlins had beaten the Mets 3x. They would be 11-9, i.e. a winning team. The Mets would then have a 12-8 record (identical to the Yankees!) and seven wins against teams with winning records. So by your twisted logic, the Mets' record to date would be more impressive if only they had lost to the Marlins three times instead of winning all five. o_O Dammit, Murphy, why did you have to hit that home run last night?

All this talk of total rings between the two franchises? It's an impressive track record, no doubt, but irrelevant for this season and the near future. You really sound like a bunch of Syracuse or Notre Dame fans bragging about how great their football programs were in the past.

It's painful for the Yankee fan to accept there's no more jetesy and no more core-4. Which should include Bernie Williams, so it should be core-5...

Anyway, it's clearly evident the mets with their young talent project to have a better 5 year future window and maybe longer than the Yankees and their non-existent young talent. Unless youre an idiot, in denial, or a Yankee homer.

And RUtrumpet nailed it with the Syracuse/Notre dame comparison. Let it go Yankees fans, that was literally ages ago. Stop living in the past, it's absurd

Last edited:
Mets blow an easy game tonight. As April comes to a close, the Mets begin to fade.

"Mets blow an easy game tonight. As April comes to a close, the Mets begin to fade."

Excellent prediction.

Mets don't have the depth to sustain extended injuries to Wright and to D'arnaud.

Campbell and Plawecki are backups being forced to take to take starting roles.

Flores is becoming a major liability in the field. Was nice of Mets to have Herrera's season debut vs Scherzer. Max is 1-3 with a 1.26 ERA. Please no Tejada experiment , give Reynolds a shot.

Francesca proclaimed yesterday that Herrera's promotion and Murphy's subsequent move to 3B just days before Wright returns is signaling the end for Murphy here. I know that Francesa has always had it out for Murph, but I wonder if there's anything to this..

The Mets win in dramatic fashion. Down 0-1 in the top of the 9th and Murphy hits a 3 run bomb.

Oh, and the game only took 1 hour and 56 minutes!

Lets Go Metsssssss!

No 9th inning dramatics this time. Metsies lose 1-0.
Metsies now 16-9...their fans are giddy,
Yanks now 15-9...their fans are not....they know it's a long season.

Francesca proclaimed yesterday that Herrera's promotion and Murphy's subsequent move to 3B just days before Wright returns is signaling the end for Murphy here. I know that Francesa has always had it out for Murph, but I wonder if there's anything to this..
I hope so, I've had enough of Murphy's bad D and general cluelessness on the field.

please end this disgrace at short. Bring up Reynolds and see what he has , if he doesn't ,go get someone . Tejada and Flores flat out suck

No 9th inning dramatics this time. Metsies lose 1-0.
Metsies now 16-9...their fans are giddy,
Yanks now 15-9...their fans are not....they know it's a long season.

Another 1-0 loss for the champions of April.

If they could only play the Phillies every day.

ADVERTISEMENT