ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

Not bad tonight , showed he belongs in majors. Wait for it.......Murphy's botched grounder in 3rd with two outs cost Noah 20/25 extra pitches in that inning .

Maybe Alderson can make a trade for steroids for the offense...which is quite offensive as of late.

Uh...Mr RU for Jersey...there's a reason why Mr. Monell is a 29 year old career minor leaguer with 11 MLB AB's to his credit.....or I guess every ML Team just never realized his immense talent except for the Mets......I also remember Mr. Monell with the bases loaded a few nights ago hitting one back to the pitcher for a DP with the bases loaded......You don't have scrubs come up in critical situations......even you should know that....the point of the post above was to have Granderson pinch hit in the 3rd spot in the 9th and not to waste it on a scrub like Monell.....No reason to pinch hit for Plawecki to lead off the inning.....
Your condescending attitude aside I'm sure the switch right there was largely a lefty/righty thing as well as a chance to not only get a guy at the plate who could jack one but also better use his legs to possibly build a run. And to have speed on the bases to where anything in the gap he could score from first. Just so happened to not work out that time but that's baseball. Guys who succeed only 33% of the time wind up as all-stars or better. But hey maybe Collins and Alderson should both have you on speed dial.

Mets are 4-8 against teams with better than .500 records;16-5 against teams below .500.That won't get it done in the post season.

They need Wright and D'arnaud back asap........Shame Wright breaks down and that Coaching Staff (Geren) couldn't realize this when they had him steal 2b in a meaningless moment and thus having him tear his hammy ...especially for a team that rarely steals.....When you have no depth; you certainly can't afford to jeopardize your stars with plays / decisions of stupidity...you think the Yankees would have arod or texiera try to steal a base when up by 1 run late in the game?

Mets are 4-8 against teams with better than .500 records;16-5 against teams below .500.That won't get it done in the post season.

The Mets are beginning to fade.....can't win if you don't score.
and BTW, who the fluck is Thor ?
Mets fans are so funny.

The Mets are beginning to fade.....can't win if you don't score.
and BTW, who the fluck is Thor ?
Mets fans are so funny.
That would be Noah Sundergaard (#9 rated prospect in all of baseball) and that was his nickname before he came to the Mets organization.

BTW, the RA Dickey trade turned out to be a sweet one:
Mets got Travid D'Arnaud, Noah, Wilmer Becerra (AA prospect) and John Buck, who was flipped for Dilson Herrera (future starter at 2B)

Please, please ,please give Reynolds a look before trading for a SS. Give him a full month to see if he may have a bright future. Flores SUCKS Flores SUCKS Flores SUCKS . SLOW LOOPY swing. No range at short.

Mets have a bunch of young starting pitching, but do they have any good pen arms?? Torres brothers are painful to watch.

So pissed , shame I'm pissed and the Wilpons don't give a shit. I would break down Sandy's door and tell him to get niewenblow, Mayberry and Flores out of here or I will fire you on the spot. Look forward to Recker and his .00091 average behind plate tomorrow

Shake up the lineup and bring up the kids like Reynolds; Campbell etc. When you score more than 3 runs ONCE in 6 games in Philly and in Wrigley - it's officially panic time. Also shame on Bob Geren for having Wright try to steal a base in a meaningless opportunity and have him bust his hammy......When the Mets miss the playoffs by a few games, we all can look back at the two 1-0 losses vs Wash and this skid with no offense and no attempt by management to upgrade the offense when depth is putrid....oh I forget we have Monell.....the 29 year old hidden minor league gem who always seems to find his way at the plate recently in critical pinch hitting situations.....oh lord.....time can't be quick enough to have wright and d'arnaud back and hopefully conforto and nimmo at some point in 1-2 years.....I hear conforto is pretty darn good prospect...not so sure about nimmo

Shake up the lineup and bring up the kids like Reynolds; Campbell etc. When you score more than 3 runs ONCE in 6 games in Philly and in Wrigley - it's officially panic time. Also shame on Bob Geren for having Wright try to steal a base in a meaningless opportunity and have him bust his hammy......When the Mets miss the playoffs by a few games, we all can look back at the two 1-0 losses vs Wash and this skid with no offense and no attempt by management to upgrade the offense when depth is putrid....oh I forget we have Monell.....the 29 year old hidden minor league gem who always seems to find his way at the plate recently in critical pinch hitting situations.....oh lord.....time can't be quick enough to have wright and d'arnaud back and hopefully conforto and nimmo at some point in 1-2 years.....I hear conforto is pretty darn good prospect...not so sure about nimmo

Phil ,

Here's the link to all the top prospects

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015/#list=nym

Conforto .281 with 6 homers in Advanced A ball

Campbell isn't a kid. He's a 28 yr old minor league player. He's not the answer.

Batting averages of the Mets starting line-up last night:
.071 (Harvey)

Nuff said.

A healthy, productive David Wright would go a long way towards solving our problems. $$$$

So pissed , shame I'm pissed and the Wilpons don't give a shit. I would break down Sandy's door and tell him to get niewenblow, Mayberry and Flores out of here or I will fire you on the spot. Look forward to Recker and his .00091 average behind plate tomorrow

So Recker hits two home runs and the Mets still lose...and get swept by the Cubbies.
Well, at least the worst team in Major League baseball is coming to Citifield on Friday.
Perhaps the Amazins can beat the lowly Brewers and get their silly fans all excited again.

At least they got off to a great start. Look at that injury list. Six relievers on the DL (counting Mejia in there, although he'd be suspended half the season anyway), d'Arnaud, Wright, Gee, and Wheeler. Hopefully Lagares will be ready to go today. Bartolo vs the Brew Crew! Lohse has given up 3+ ER in all but one of his starts this season. Put some runs on the board!

And the countdown begins for Terry Collins to be axed.....fire bob geren first for having david wright do a nonsense steal and bust his hammy.....mets need a warrior to light a fire under their asses......anyone say backman?

The AL East is a quicksand division.The winner of it may win no more than 85 games.Tonight,every team lost.There's something major wrong with every team.

Looks like Flores is here for while after his 6th HR. Story on SNY has Wright at 3rd ,Reynolds at SS and Flores at 2b with the Mets trading Murphy. Today is "THORsday". See how he handles home debut. Gee could go to bullpen if Noah pitches well again. Murphy and Gee are now officially on trading block

Yep after today, Thor is here to stay. He gets stronger as the game goes on. Scary hit batter today though.

Flores in on pace for 20 HRs and 25 errors. Not sure if the first can sustain the second.

Glad to see Granderson breaking out!

Where's KBee with his intelligent Met news....:)........On Flores, the kid is on pace to hit 20-25 HR's.....touch to bench him.......2b may be plausible for sure.......

So Recker hits two home runs and the Mets still lose...and get swept by the Cubbies.
Well, at least the worst team in Major League baseball is coming to Citifield on Friday.
Perhaps the Amazins can beat the lowly Brewers and get their silly fans all excited again.

Yep...I was right. Two of three at home from the worst MLB team and those darn amazin fans of the Amazins get all excited again....for now.
BTW, the Nationals are virtually even with the Metsies in the standings and are gonna play the Yanks. Will Metsies fans be rooting for the Bronx Bombers this week ?

There is no scenario in which I would root for the Yankees.

I feel exactly the same way about the Metsies.
The New York Mets....nothing for their fans since 1986.
The New York Mets....making baseball fans everywhere laugh since 1962.

1986 was a lot more than most sports fans will get the joy of ever experiencing - doesn't get much better than that.

Critical 2 wins against the Brew-Crew, heading into the obligatory annual torture of STL. Hoping for 2 of 4 here - need Harvey to get it done again tonight.

Sorry but this guy kbee is such a clown. I don't care how long he's been posting for, or how big of an RU donor he is. Guy, you wear clown shoes!

Anyway I'll root for the Yankees against the nl east teams in certain situations, and at this point I hope the Nats start losing again. it's really hard to like any team with Bryce Harper (or A Roids) on it

ADVERTISEMENT