ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

1986 was a lot more than most sports fans will get the joy of ever experiencing - doesn't get much better than that.".

Loser, that was 30 years ago.
Anyway,a far greater joy was the Great Slapdown of 2000, when the Yanks routed the upstarts from Queens.
Good times.

You act like the mets are historically the San Diego Padres. They are not. Only 1 dam team can win every year, and 4 of the last 5 have been an NL team and the 1 AL team who won was the REDSOX, so shove it. Yeah the Yankees won in 2000, and that was 15 years ago loser. Get off your dam high horse, you're a troll. No one is impressed by your sad act.

Just can't wait for the Mets to finally win a WS so losers like this guy can have his nose rubbed in sh**!

"You act like the mets are historically the San Diego Padres."

Not quite....but close.
Same area code.
1986 was a long time ago.

"You act like the mets are historically the San Diego Padres."

Not quite....but close.
Same area code.
1986 was a long time ago.

Not particularly close - the Padres have been to the World Series twice, losing both times. The Mets have been to the Series 4 times, winning twice. They've almost been to the World Series as many times as the Padres have been to the playoffs.

Not particularly close - the Padres have been to the World Series twice, losing both times. The Mets have been to the Series 4 times, winning twice. They've almost been to the World Series as many times as the Padres have been to the playoffs.

For the last 29 years they've been very close.....as I said...same area code.

Far from a beatdown - Gm 1, Gm 4, and Gm5 were anybody's game. Ump screwed them in Gm 1 to boot when O'Neill should have struck out looking in B9 (perfect pitch for strike 3 called a ball; led to his sac fly) - also took bonehead Timo trotting from first on Zeile's double to blow the game (still the most horrific play I've ever witnessed as a fan). Somehow a lineup filled with a lineup the likes of Benny Agbayani, Timo, Jay Payton, etc. found a way to be 3 games away from a ring. Speaks to the greatness of Leiter and Piazza.

Far from a beatdown - Gm 1, Gm 4, and Gm5 were anybody's game. Ump screwed them in Gm 1 to boot when O'Neill should have struck out looking in B9 (perfect pitch for strike 3 called a ball; led to his sac fly) - also took bonehead Timo trotting from first on Zeile's double to blow the game (still the most horrific play I've ever witnessed as a fan). Somehow a lineup filled with a lineup the likes of Benny Agbayani, Timo, Jay Payton, etc. found a way to be 3 games away from a ring. Speaks to the greatness of Leiter and Piazza.

Ya gotta love those amazin Mets fans. Lose 4 out of 5 in a Series and think it was close....could have gone either way. Or if that pitch which was really a strike wasn't called a ball. Too funny.
You lost 4 of 5 games....STFU.
If it wasn't for Bill Buckner Mets fans younger than 45 would never have seen their amazins win a Series.

Kbee, you're a Yankee fan, why the hatred toward the Mets? I can see Mets fans never rooting for the Yankees (most likely a jealousy thing). But a Yankee fan hating the Mets is like hating your little sister. Let it go. Met fans are only staunchly defending their team...much like you and your Yankees.

Yanks are now 1-6 in last 7 games. Ellsbury hurt again, what a surprise.

If it wasn't for Bill Buckner Mets fans younger than 45 would never have seen their amazins win a Series.
Q: Were the Mets behind when Mookie hit the ball to Buckner?
A: No, the game was already tied.

Wright and d'Arnaud should return within two weeks. Granderson and Murphy are coming around after slow starts. As long as the starting pitching stays healthy, it should be a fun season for Mets fans.

Kbee, you're a Yankee fan, why the hatred toward the Mets? I can see Mets fans never rooting for the Yankees (most likely a jealousy thing). But a Yankee fan hating the Mets is like hating your little sister. Let it go. Met fans are only staunchly defending their team...much like you and your Yankees.

I guess I've just had too many interactions with too many dumbass Mets fans over the years. Lots of them couldn't even have anything good to say about guys like Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter. Nothing for their fans since 1986 and they still act like they're superior to most MLB teams. And of course they're the only team that has injuries. And they're the only team with minor league prospects. Frankly, I think most of their fans are dumbasses. At least that's been my experience.... since 1962. I think it has to do with the type of individual who would gravitate to the NY Mets in a town that has the Bronx Bombers. You have to be "special" to get your picture taken with that mascot with the big fat baseball as a head. Or watch the big apple rise when a Mets player hits a home run. So corny. So dumb. Let's Go Mets. Amazin.
Too funny.

I guess I've just had too many interactions with too many dumbass Mets fans over the years. Lots of them couldn't even have anything good to say about guys like Mariano Rivera and Derek Jeter. Nothing for their fans since 1986 and they still act like they're superior to most MLB teams. And of course they're the only team that has injuries. And they're the only team with minor league prospects. Frankly, I think most of their fans are dumbasses. At least that's been my experience.... since 1962. I think it has to do with the type of individual who would gravitate to the NY Mets in a town that has the Bronx Bombers. You have to be "special" to get your picture taken with that mascot with the big fat baseball as a head. Or watch the big apple rise when a Mets player hits a home run. So corny. So dumb. Let's Go Mets. Amazin.
Too funny.

It all comes down to Yankee fandom is built on arrogance and confidence. Mets are built on hope, despair, and blind faith. It's just the way it is.

If you want long term success for the Mets,vote GOP for President.You can vote Democrat for every other office-but not the top one.In contrast,the Yankees thrive with the donkeys in the top job,going 19-1 in World Series' vs non-Cardinal opponents.

Wow, DeGrom is dealing. 1 hitter through 8 with 11 Ks. Pretty apparent that Mets have 2 aces!

Wow, DeGrom is dealing. 1 hitter through 8 with 11 Ks. Pretty apparent that Mets have 2 aces!

I thought he was ace quality last year. Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard, Wheeler + more arms coming up on the farm. This is a dynasty in the making if everybody stays healthy and Wilpon stops being cheap.

No team in the majors can afford to pay five aces. The Mets certainly can't - or won't. Eventually they will have to make choices.

Too funny.

Where do you meet these overly confident Met fans?

Which one of these guys is you?

Yankee_179580_1109082.gif

"Where do you meet these overly confident Met fans?"

The list of places where I meet this type of Mets fan is a long one.
And I didn't say "overly confident". I said "dumbasses".
And, of course, all Mets fans aren't this type. Just a surprisingly large percentage.

Washington sweeps Yanks who havent won a thing since george died.
Mets split with powerful Cards with 2 of the Mets young arms tossing shutouts. And thats with half the Mets on the DL

I would have a hard time not punching KBOY in his face if I ever met him. Seriously.

Classy post.
Ya know, I've been pretty much manifesting the same attitude towards the Metsies and their fans since they first arrived on the scene a long,long time ago. And in all that time not one of them has punched me in the face. You must be sooo special.

"Where do you meet these overly confident Met fans?"

The list of places where I meet this type of Mets fan is a long one.
And I didn't say "overly confident". I said "dumbasses".
And, of course, all Mets fans aren't this type. Just a surprisingly large percentage.

So you're the big guy in the 2nd row?

Q: Were the Mets behind when Mookie hit the ball to Buckner?
A: No, the game was already tied.

Wright and d'Arnaud should return within two weeks. Granderson and Murphy are coming around after slow starts. As long as the starting pitching stays healthy, it should be a fun season for Mets fans.

I always have to remind ppl of this fact. The Red Sox had already blown their two-run 9th inning lead prior to this famous (or infamous depending on your POV) play with two out and nobody on no less. Given this ridiculous momenum shift, Shea going nuts, etc there was no way the Sox were winning that game in extras had the Buckner error not occurred. Sox also had a 3-0 lead in G7 through 5

Last edited:
The pitcher wasn't covering so Buckner had a race to the bag. Mookie was flying out of the box. IMO Stanley was more at fault. Buck had to rush.

The pitcher wasn't covering so Buckner had a race to the bag. Mookie was flying out of the box. IMO Stanley was more at fault. Buck had to rush.

Come on. The ball went right through his legs and it's somebody else's fault ?
Please.

No one said Buck didn't F up. Just that the out wasn't the gimme everyone assumes. Must've been a tough one to watch eh?

Reactions: redking
I will also add that the offensive lineup is stacked compared to previous years and stacked so well with potential that David Wright is batting in the 2 hole. Hopefully the offense will put up a lot of runs because the middle infield D is poor at best and their lack of D and turning double plays will prolong innings and keep pitch counts up higher possibly hurting some arms and wearing guys out.

Wow.
A stacked lineup....five aces.....yet the Good Ship Mets is still taking on water.
Oh well....the Phillies are next so there is hope for at least a few wins.

Wow.
A stacked lineup....five aces.....yet the Good Ship Mets is still taking on water.
Oh well....the Phillies are next so there is hope for at least a few wins.

Your team isn't exactly in great shape.

Your team isn't exactly in great shape.

Frankly, I didn't enter this season with great hopes for my team. I didn't understand some of the moves they made in the offseason and some of the moves they didn't make in the offseason. We have mediocrity at second base, shortstop, third base, and right field. And several of our starters are mediocre fill-ins for injured pitchers.
But we're in reasonable position for the 1st quarter of the season. It's a marathon. And Yankees fans don't get too excited in April or May.
See, unlike the Metsies we don't have five aces, a stacked lineup, and a minor league system loaded with guys who can easily replace our injured guys. Too funny.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[laughing]:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Frankly, I didn't enter this season with great hopes for my team. I didn't understand some of the moves they made in the offseason and some of the move they didn't make in the offseason. We have mediocrity at second base, shortstop, third base, and right field. And several of our starters are mediocre fill-ins for injured pitchers.
But we're in reasonable position for the 1st quarter of the season. It's a marathon. And Yankees fans don't get too excited in April or May.
See, unlike the Metsies we don't have five aces, a stacked lineup, and a minor league system loaded with guys who can easily replace our injured guys. Too funny.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[laughing]:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Fans of a $215 million team which is playing .500 baseball have NO standing to talk sh!t about any other team.

Fans of a $215 million team which is playing .500 baseball have NO standing to talk sh!t about any other team.

1.I think I've made it clear many times over the years on this site that I want my teams in every sport to do all that they can to put the best possible product on the field. I don't care how much the Yankees payroll is. And I don't want them to make it smaller so they can put some of that money back in their pockets.
2. I've been exposing lunatic Mets fans to reality since 1962. I will continue to do so no matter how the Yankees are doing. I've got your "standing"....right here.
[banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana]

1.I think I've made it clear many times over the years on this site that I want my teams in every sport to do all that they can to put the best possible product on the field. I don't care how much the Yankees payroll is. And I don't want them to make it smaller so they can put some of that money back in their pockets.
2. I've been exposing lunatic Mets fans to reality since 1962. I will continue to do so no matter how the Yankees are doing. I've got your "standing"....right here.
[banana][banana][banana][banana][banana][banana]

Trust me I wish the Wilpons weren't the owners of the Mets. They don't do all they can to put out a winning team.

Steinbrenner wasn't without warts. Howard Spira, tax evasion, and illegal campaign contributions.
Served a 2-year suspension...he was lucky there wasn't jail time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT