ADVERTISEMENT

OT:LET'S GO METS

Wow.
A stacked lineup....five aces.....yet the Good Ship Mets is still taking on water.
Oh well....the Phillies are next so there is hope for at least a few wins.

Just call me Nostradamus.

BTW, "Thor" ??? That's pretty funny.

Play the Phillies every game, and let Thor play OF or SS/3B the other 5 starts, and we may finally win another ring. :)

we are hitting so many bombs this season. its rather amazing to see.
Looking at sortable stats, it is Amazin' that the Mets are in second place. They are near the bottom in nearly every offensive category, including home runs. Of course, they are near the top in team ERA for pitching.

They have the 4th best runs allowed per game in all of MLB at 3.54. The only teams ahead of them are the Cardinals (ridiculous 3.04), Pirates (3.35), and Dodgers (3.39).

They have the 4th best runs allowed per game in all of MLB at 3.54. The only teams ahead of them are the Cardinals (ridiculous 3.04), Pirates (3.35), and Dodgers (3.39).

1. You say MLB, but you can't possibly compare AL baseball....with nine hitters....to baseball in that league where pitchers bat.
2. Pitching is 90 % of baseball, but you can't win if you don't score. I think the Mets found that out a couple of weekends ago.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's no secret pitching getting it done for the Mets. Burnett of the Pirates leading league with ERA. Yankees would love to have him back? On the Yankees, they are doing it on slugging %. Interesting juxtaposition of what is working for the NY teams.

Play the Phillies every game, and let Thor play OF or SS/3B the other 5 starts, and we may finally win another ring. :)

Ah, the Marlins are just as bad as the Phillies. Mets fans are about to get excited again.:scream::scream::scream::scream:

1. You say MLB, but you can't possibly compare AL baseball....with nine hitters....to baseball in that league where pitchers bat.
2. Pitching is 90 % of baseball, but you can't win if you don't score. I think the Mets found that out a couple of weekends ago.
1 - I'm just telling it like it is. That doesn't mean I believe they are the 4th best pitching/defense combo in MLB. As for the snide comment about having pitchers bat: I prefer the NL rules over having a DH. More strategy IMO.

2 - Given a choice between the two, I would rather my team be good at the 90% than the 10%. Your opponents can't beat you if they can't score, either.

Lets got bats? One bad pitch sinks an otherwise strong performance by Capuano last night. 2 runs doesn't cut it.

Somebody has to tell me why the Yankees continue to play a second baseman who is hitting 164 for the season.....and who hit for the same average last season. Sandy Koufax couldn't win with the production we're getting from our 2nd baseman, shortstop, and 3rd baseman.

I guess Matt Harvey was a flash in the pan. Looks like just a nice, above average pitcher. 5 and 3 with a 3.11 ERA in the NL. Meh.

Mr. Career Record of 17-13 needs to pick it up since Mets fans already are sending him to the Hall of Fame.

Bartolo with his league leading 8th win. Plus he added the league's longest double. The guy is a baseball treasure!

Bartolo with his league leading 8th win. Plus he added the league's longest double. The guy is a baseball treasure!
Bartolo is awesome! Honestly, the only SP that I'm not excited to tune in for is Niese. The 4 other guys, Harvey, Noah, DeGrom and Bartolo are must watch baseball!!!

In all of baseball, I don't think you can come up with a "I'm going to wait until after this guy's at bat before I go to the bath room Top 10 list" that doesn't include Bartolo Colon

Mets clearly need a bat who can play 3rd. They need to trade for a Uribe type or perhaps take a flyer on a Casey McGehee who is rotting in SF's minors.

Funny, but I never saw an ongoing NYY thread during their 14 years of winning and being in first place. I wonder if this will go on all year?

Mets are doing a good job treading water while a boatload of players sit on the DL. Not sure how long it will list, though. The young talent is clearly there for the starting staff and bullpen. And there is some young offensive talent, but not as much or as ready as the pitching.

But this is a good job so far given that over 10 guys are on the DL.

Wright's long-term durability, though, could create a big problem for the Mets and the penniless Wilpons.

Maybe the solution to the Wright problem is Ruben Tejada? He batted 289 in 2012, and he never had the full starting role. His production fell off, but he has been on a tear, and he is now hitting 274 for the year. Maybe I am wrong, but he has always been fairly reliable as a fielder, and he is filling in nicely at 3B.

Tejada's a lifetime .255 hitter with a .321 slugging percentage and 8 HRs in over 1600 ABs. Those are weak offensive stats for even a SS. They are horrendous for a third baseman. He's not a replacement for Wright, just a short-term stop gap. If he's the Mets third baseman for an extended period of time, things have gone horribly wrong.

Random thoughts:
- Nice way to begin the road trip with some deGromination. Back to wanting him to pitch a Game 1. :)

- Been down on Wright since his performance in the '06 playoffs - certainly didn't want the new monstrous contract that followed. Wish him all the best though - ironically my wife just received the same spinal stenosis diagnosis a week or so before he did (so it hits home all the more).

DW's presser was depressing. I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like another Mattingly situation. I doubt we see him again this year. I wish DW all the best and really hope he makes it back.

At some point in June, the Mets will start receiving the 75% insurance money. They need to use it to bring in another solid bat and some relief pitching. However, I don't trust the Wilpons, so I can see them pocketing the majority of the payments. Sandy Alderson will do his best Baghdad Bob impersonation, when he tells fans there aren't any better 3rd base options than Murphy.

It's a sad day to be a Mets fan.

Shut down by a guy with a 7.15 ERA and who had given up 20 runs in his last 20 inn. Heat is gonna turn up on Granderson real soon. Need d'naurd back and back with his .315 BA.

Shut down by a guy with a 7.15 ERA and who had given up 20 runs in his last 20 inn. Heat is gonna turn up on Granderson real soon. Need d'naurd back and back with his .315 BA.
What exactly would that heat be on Granderson? The threat to play John Mayberry instead?

I know there is no one else to take his spot , but fans including myself usually single out one fall guy..... .220 , a bunch of walks and little power plus 16 million = boo birds. Can't boo Sandy so Grandy will take brunt of criticism for both of them.

What exactly would that heat be on Granderson? The threat to play John Mayberry instead?
laughing-smileys-emoticons141.gif

DW's presser was depressing. I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like another Mattingly situation. I doubt we see him again this year. I wish DW all the best and really hope he makes it back.

At some point in June, the Mets will start receiving the 75% insurance money. They need to use it to bring in another solid bat and some relief pitching. However, I don't trust the Wilpons, so I can see them pocketing the majority of the payments. Sandy Alderson will do his best Baghdad Bob impersonation, when he tells fans there aren't any better 3rd base options than Murphy.

It's a sad day to be a Mets fan.

I'd trade Harvey, deGrom or Thor and the Wilpons for Mark Cuban.

These ceaseless injuries are getting ridiculous

It's a testamemt to the growing pool of young talent that the Mets are accumulating, in particular the quality and depth of the pitching, that they have been able to keep their head above water as the number of players out for the year or placed on the DL approaches 15. But it has reached the point that unless players start getting healthy and returning it will be insurmountable.

As a Mets fan, it's very frustrating to watching games and seeing numerous scrubs in the starting lineup such as Campbell; Muno; Sicliano; Recker etc...

Wish the Wilpons would look in the window and realize the reason why fans don't go to games is because of the above despite their good start and young whizzes on the mound.

Memo to Freddy Coupon: Spend some damn money and bring in some ample replacements like Martin Prado or Aramis Ramirez - where you don't have to mortgage the bank (via a trade of Montero or Niese or Gee) to add some damn productivity to the lineup.....

As a Mets fan, it's very frustrating to watching games and seeing numerous scrubs in the starting lineup such as Campbell; Muno; Sicliano; Recker etc...

Wish the Wilpons would look in the window and realize the reason why fans don't go to games is because of the above despite their good start and young whizzes on the mound.

Memo to Freddy Coupon: Spend some damn money and bring in some ample replacements like Martin Prado or Aramis Ramirez - where you don't have to mortgage the bank (via a trade of Montero or Niese or Gee) to add some damn productivity to the lineup.....

Yeah, the Mets are the only team that has lost guys to injuries. Last year the Yankees lost 4 of 5 starters to injuries. I thought the Mets had this great farm system loaded with guys just waiting for a chance to step up. Well ? Just imagine where the Metsies would be if Bartolo "Young Gun" Colon wasn't pulling a miracle performance for them this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT