ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Liberty hire Isiah Thomas

BeKnighted

Heisman Winner
Jan 15, 2003
As President.

Seriously.

That's the Isiah Thomas who cost the Knicks $11 million in a sexual harassment suit. I can only imagine how much that will help the team's marketing.

James Dolan is an idiot.

This is close to the worst thing ever. Even leaving aside all the sexual harassment stuff (which should not be left aside), he is one of the worst executives in NBA history. He reduced the Knicks to the laughingstock of the NBA. This is just . . . .. I don't even.

Yeah. I hesitate to suggest that the sexual harassment wasn't the worst thing about his tenure at the Knicks, but it says something that there are other things he did that are plausibly in contention. (And that's without even talking about every other management job he's ever held.)

There is some hope (however slight) that this won't happen - the job comes with some ownership, apparently, so he'd have to be approved by the WNBA Board of Governors, and the WNBA President issued a statement that suggests it might not be a slam dunk.

James Dolan is an idiot.

As a Cablevision customer, I have to agree. ;-)

Seriously, when I first heard this news, I checked the date to make sure that it wasn't 4/1. It would be difficult to find a worse hire for this position. If you consider that they also brought back Bill Laimbeer as head coach, after not renewing his contract last year, the only logical conclusion is that they don't want to sell any tickets this season.

Isaiah's application to be President has been suspended for at least a year. woo

Are they trying to make sure that women never come to any games? This is like appointing Hugh Hefner president of the National Organization for Women.

Isaiah's application to be President has been suspended for at least a year. woo

Not long enough, unless ( in that short time) he can prove his attitude towards women changed and he works hard to end sexual harassment at the workplace and everywhere.
Should be the face of the NBA and WNBA's fight against sexual harassment and speak out about how he once was part of it.

Reactions: dmd78
Are they trying to make sure that women never come to any games? This is like appointing Hugh Hefner president of the National Organization for Women.

Probably worse - Hefner actually has given women real responsibility in his company.

Not long enough, unless ( in that short time) he can prove his attitude towards women changed and he works hard to end sexual harassment at the workplace and everywhere.
Should be the face of the NBA and WNBA's fight against sexual harassment and speak out about how he once was part of it.
I'm pretty sure this suspension will never be lifted and the issue will never be considered again.

I'm pretty sure this suspension will never be lifted and the issue will never be considered again.

I suspect this is right. If nothing else, his attention span is so short that he'll probably move along to something else pretty fast.

How does he keep getting jobs in NYC basketball?

The Dolan son is a total jerk. A neighbor worked for him for years and eventually left his high-ranking MSG position totally out of frustration with his stupidity and arrogance.

ADVERTISEMENT