ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lunch near EWR

My wife and I are connecting at EWR for flight to Europe on an upcoming Saturday. We have about 5 hours to kill and will probably leave airport for a bite of lunch. It’s been awhile since we went out to eat in the area. Would love some suggestions from fellow Scarlet Knights. Spanish Tavern or other such restaurant in Newark? Other thoughts? Something close by? Thanks in advance.
I haven’t eaten there in about 30 years but you could go to the Marriott for lunch I think. Just a hotel but might be a little nicer than airport. That said dining in the airport is not too bad although pricey.

You're not going to have 5 hours. Assuming everything is on time, by the time you get off the plane and into the terminal you'll have 4 hours until it's time for your next boarding. Subtract from that the usual TSA Saturday Nightmare, you're down to 3.

I'm in agreement with the people who say "don't leave the airport."

I haven’t eaten there in about 30 years but you could go to the Marriott for lunch I think. Just a hotel but might be a little nicer than airport. That said dining in the airport is not too bad although pricey.
Terminal A is nice.
I don’t eat there because I refuse to order from a Kiosk.
I’m old and can’t get over it 😊

Last edited:
1st time in Terminal A. Agree with others that it’s really nice with good F&B options. Even the TSA line was great. Also has a lot of R marketing.

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
1st time in Terminal A. Agree with others that it’s really nice with good F&B options. Even the TSA line was great. Also has a lot of R marketing.
First week was a $h!t show for security but now things are much smoother. My last couple times through were great.

Forno’s
Santillo in Elizabeth
Hobby’s Deli
Rutt’s Hut (maybe tough flight afterwards)

Summit and Millburn are about 20 minutes or less from EWR and both have a lot of nice restaurants plus you can walk around town and kill some time as well. Both are upscale towns. Not sure you can walk around in Newark after lunch.

Reactions: Morrischiano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT